Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Yarxov
skarekrow13
WyrmHero
ViralEnsign_
Nimidar
callipygias
Kaminari
11 posters

Spartan In Dark souls (Kaminari cosplay AGAIN)

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Spartan In Dark souls (Kaminari cosplay AGAIN) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spartan In Dark souls (Kaminari cosplay AGAIN)

Post by Yarxov Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:03 am

Kaminari wrote:
    Yarxov wrote:^ True but my hate for that movie comes from the fact that there were a lot more Greeks than 300
    But no warrior would go into battle with little more than Underwear and shin protection on.

do you have any kind of proof that they wouldn't fight like that at all?
    Maybe they were a bit big headed and wanted to show off AND try to make the enemy uncertain ( " Why don't they wear armors? Are they so good that they don't need any? " ?) happy just mean that it's possible...isn't it?

It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked, you will be FAR more vulnerable to projectiles, and, you know...spears, swords, everything.

300 is a Hollywood movie, not a documentary. It's like expecting modern war to be like Call of duty.

Do a quick google images search of 'Greek Spartan' and look at the majority, they have some sort of Armor and waist-ware. With the exception of the '300' showcases.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Spartan In Dark souls (Kaminari cosplay AGAIN) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spartan In Dark souls (Kaminari cosplay AGAIN)

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:11 am

Yarxov wrote:^ True but my hate for that movie comes from the fact that there were a lot more Greeks than 300
    But no warrior would go into battle with little more than Underwear and shin protection on.

Yup if I'm not mistaken there were 300+ Spartans overseeing the defensive line along the coast and within the passes, 650-750 Thespian, and equivalent to some 7000 greek allies.

The myth comes from Leoniadas foolish decision to leave the 300 Spartans plus 700 greek allies in the rear guard while he deployed only 400 Thebans to the rear mountain pass. By the time the Thebans were aware of the Persian presence they had already taken the high ground.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:29 am

^ 1000 vs 10,000 right? I wasn't sure and don't like looking stuff up, it's cheating when you are having a conversation about it. I'd rather be wrong than a false person xD
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:26 am

The persians probably mustered around 100,000 troops, mostly levies from far provinces like Scythia and such, with the 10,000 of the Immortals as the core of the army.

The Pan Hellenic armies mustered around 7000 at Thermopylae and some 200 ships at Artemisium. The naval battle that ensured the Greeks won the war.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:50 am

Yarxov wrote:It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked
    Please give me permission to put this quote in my sig line.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:52 am

Lol go ahead winking
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:54 am

As a wise man once said... big grin
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:57 am

I'm gonna start putting my fave forum quotes in my sig, I think. Yarxov takes first.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Great idea actually!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:26 pm