Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Serious_Much
kennereth
6 posters

Red eye orb / Cracked red eye orb rules

kennereth

Red eye orb / Cracked red eye orb rules Empty Red eye orb / Cracked red eye orb rules

Post by kennereth Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:42 pm

Hey guys,
    Is it right that using one of those items you can only invade people who have not defeated that area's boss yet?

I remember reading something like that, but then again I went back to dark anor londo and I've been invaded by reds many times.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Red eye orb / Cracked red eye orb rules Empty Re: Red eye orb / Cracked red eye orb rules

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:44 pm

Dark Anor londo is an exception.

It was intently created to be a PvP centre of the world, where you can always get invaded.

For all other areas including regular Anor londo, that rule applies
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Red eye orb / Cracked red eye orb rules Empty Re: Red eye orb / Cracked red eye orb rules

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:52 pm

the shitty lock on range in Dark anor kind of ruins the pvp there
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:53 pm

And by that you mean ruins your little avelyn use? silly
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Serious_Much wrote:And by that you mean ruins your little avelyn use? silly

lol yes

Last night though i was relying mostly on Melee, my opponents weren't giving me many openings for it. Alot of turtles and people who only only attacked after i attacked (but when my weapon swings 2-3x the speed of yours it doesn't work)

needless to say i made bank cuz my duels weren't costing 10-15k souls a fight lol

Last edited by cheekykunt on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:54 pm

I don't lock on, I kill.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:56 pm

though with the bad lock on, just means it's ideal for pivot BSers... :|
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Dark Anor follows the same rules. Once it goes dark there is a new boss, Gwyndolin, if you defeat him you'll no longer be invaded.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:59 pm

"Thou shall parish in the twilight of Anor Londo" sad
    kennereth

Post by kennereth Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:00 pm

@aceluby I've defeated him as well, that's why I decided to check here for answers, before I ended up creating a theory about a hidden boss in Anor Londo silly
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:01 pm

aceluby wrote:Dark Anor follows the same rules. Once it goes dark there is a new boss, Gwyndolin, if you defeat him you'll no longer be invaded.

I defeated Gwyndolin Before killing Gwynevere, and I still could summon and be invaded by Darkwraiths. But I could not be invaded by Darkmoons at all. I had to use the black crystal because there was no more bosses there.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:01 pm

aceluby wrote:Dark Anor follows the same rules. Once it goes dark there is a new boss, Gwyndolin, if you defeat him you'll no longer be invaded.

99% sure that is false, i have Gwyndolin killed and can still summon white phantoms, which means u can be invaded
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:02 pm

Cheeky got ninja'd big grin
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:04 pm

you call that ninjaing?

You guys posted before i could even think of a response, refreshed the page and there it was silly
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:06 pm

cheekykunt wrote:

99% sure that is false, i have Gwyndolin killed and can still summon white phantoms, which means u can be invaded

Did you kill Gwyndolin before shooting Gwynevere? I'm 100% sure that if you turn Anor dark by shooting Gwynevere first and then kill Gwyndolin you won't be invaded or can summon any more. I did this in both NG and NG+.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:10 pm

aceluby wrote:
    cheekykunt wrote:

Did you kill Gwyndolin before shooting Gwynevere? I'm 100% sure that if you turn Anor dark by shooting Gwynevere first and then kill Gwyndolin you won't be invaded or can summon any more. I did this in both NG and NG+.

i killed Gwyn then turned it dark actually.. so you could be on to something
    Pharaun
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pharaun Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:11 pm

I killed Gwyn first too. I will double check when I get home. That would be great. I haven't even tried since I killed him because I figured there was no point.
    Pharaun
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pharaun Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:41 pm

I can 100% confirm that killing Gwyndolin before you turn Anor Londo dark by killing Gwynevere will keep Dark Anor Londo open for invasions indefinitely. You can summon help as well.
    kennereth

Post by kennereth Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:16 pm

So depending on the order you kill them, you still can be invaded or not, as aceluby also confirmed.
    Add this to the wiki or we need more people to test it further?
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:07 pm

kennereth wrote:So depending on the order you kill them, you still can be invaded or not, as aceluby also confirmed.
    Add this to the wiki or we need more people to test it further?

Yeah, it looks like the order makes a difference. I actually think this is a bug because who would turn Anor dark if Gwyndolin is already dead?
    kennereth

Post by kennereth Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Well, I guess Gwynevere, although being an illusion, is somewhat of an "independent" entity, and the light there depends solely on her existence.
    I haven't killed her after killing Gwyndolin, but I'd like to know if there's the same voiceover from him when you kill her (after he's dead, of course).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:35 am