Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
FruitPunchNinja
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
dirkdeadeye
Railage
Delvanoc
ViralEnsign_
meridam99
Wade_Wilson
callipygias
Imarreteet23
OakshottXII
15 posters

Patch 1.06 wishlist

OakshottXII
    OakshottXII

Patch 1.06 wishlist Empty Patch 1.06 wishlist

Post by OakshottXII Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:40 pm

these are the game mechanics i wish for in a new patch. add your own thoughts if you wish or CONSTRUCTIVELY criticise my ideas

Low arguability

Friend soapstone - for summoning friends who have a 20% differance in lvl instead of 10 % brings up list of human form friends and summon urself into their world

white eye coloured stone - (princcess guard exclusive) able to search for a players world who have an invader in it effectively coming to their rescue and leaving when all invaders are dead and stay no longer

straight sword attack speed - straight swords 1h and 2h normal attack increased slighty to curved sword speeds and 1h strong attack slight-to-moderate speed increase and 2h strong attack has slight increaseed speed for improved tracking and/or slighty wider attack arc

halberd (and similar weapons) - tracking improved and does not stagger if it misses

hammers and axes - do not stagger if they miss

greatswords - all great swords swing at speeds matching the blackknight sword/greatsword artorious which is only slighty slower to say for example the claymore although no complaint if unchanged

"lagstabbing" - unable to backstab opponent if they have locked on to you this will allow sneak attacks to still work becuase they must see you to lock on but will stop people fishing for backstabs and chain backstabs because you can lock on while getting up from a lagstab

Darkwood grain ring "AKA" the flip ring - should not allow fast movement under or flip 50% equip burden. prehaps if equipped under 50% should have no effect OTHER than reduced stamina consumtion for rolling and under 25% gives flip animation and reduction of stamina usage when rolling and further decreases damage taken when backstepping by 5% or 10% (see next point)

backstepping - only inccur a fraction of damage taken say 50% for thrust attacks 40% for slashing attacks and 30% for regular and strike attacks there may be exceptions to this with different kinds of attacks and may need further thought

Kick - does more stamina damage against shields and extra counter stamina damage against opponents during their attacking animations behind a shield. also if a successful kick lands on an open oponent knives, curved and straight swords can and rapiers can land a normal attack (daggers can land a heavy) on them before they can react or if it hits mid-attack animation the opponent is vunelrable to curved swords and straight swords heavy attacks before they can react (requires more thought)

medium arguability

black knight great axe - attack speed slowed slight-to-moderate (relevant to class of weapon) especially true for 2h normal attack which is quite quick for a heavy weapon

heavy armour stam. penalty - slighty more stamina regeneration penalty without the need of lowering their defenses

attacking behind a shield - very slight attack power reduction

parrying - from easiest to hardest to parry: thrusts >slash = regular
    >strike
    (length also affects parrying distance by extending how far down the weapon it can be parried, spears are more suceptible than rapiers, the balder side sword is easier to parry than other shorter straight swords) also parrying shields negate most of the advantage the attack types have and reduce the gap of difficulty between the attack types the parrying dagger reduces this further oh and curved sword and rapier specific "backstep attacks " can not be parryed

the purpose of these wishes is to eliminate ridiculous elements in the game (two opponents running in circles trying to lagstab or heavily armoured and heavily armed opponents flipping around) bring balance to weapons and hence not relying on 1 paticular weapon i.e. the greatswords, incorporate statergy into combat with random kicks for the offensive approach and backstepping for a counter offensive approach and no parry spam unless u have optimal conditions for parrying
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Patch 1.06 wishlist Empty Re: Patch 1.06 wishlist

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:01 pm

I like all of your ideas here. The princess gaurd one is a little iffy though, beacause then you would see a ton of ganking when two people were trying to duel. I think the princess gaurd should be able to invade in Dark Anor Londo. It would be much simpiler.

Welcome to the forums btw. Bow
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:19 pm

The first weapon modification that comes to mind is the whip. Its attacks should really be quicker, and I think they should've added a unique, badass riposte for it.

I also wish that once you hit a certain strength you should be able to hold certain swords normally as opposed to lugging them around on your shoulder. Not important but would be nice. The Black Knight Sword is the coolest looking one in the game, to my eye, and it's kind of stupid that, at 8 lbs, my guy with 82 strength has it on his shoulder while he can carry around the 16lb Golem Axe like it's a feather.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:24 pm

callipygias wrote:The first weapon modification that comes to mind is the whip. Its attacks should really be quicker, and I think they should've added a unique, badass riposte for it.

I also wish that once you hit a certain strength you should be able to hold certain swords normally as opposed to lugging them around on your shoulder. Not important but would be nice. The Black Knight Sword is the coolest looking one in the game, to my eye, and it's kind of stupid that, at 8 lbs, my guy with 82 strength has it on his shoulder while he can carry around the 16lb Golem Axe like it's a feather.

The riposte for the whip should be that you wrap it around the enemies neck and start strangling them. Imagine it with the notched whip :shock:
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:24 pm

OakshottXII wrote:these are the game mechanics i wish for in a new patch. add your own thoughts if you wish or CONSTRUCTIVELY criticise my ideas

Low arguability

Friend soapstone - for summoning friends who have a 20% differance in lvl instead of 10 % brings up list of human form friends and summon urself into their world

Currently the level limit is 10 + 10% of level for both people, so for a level 4 person, it is 10 levels up or down, making him able to connect to a level 1-14 character. For a level 100 character, the level limit is 20 [10 + (100 x .10 )]. This equation works 100 percent of the time for Jolly Co-Operation, but for other types of online, there are exceptions.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Would like to see a permanent EYE deviice for the Gravelords. Or the Fabled Lich form making a return.

I like most of your ideas though.

Also better movesets for people using dual weapons!
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:17 pm

For the most part, good ideas. I have just a couple issues with a few.
    No stagger from axes, hammers, halberds... this is a requirement imo. Have you ever swung a 10lb. sledgehammer and try to stop mid swing? Or swing an axe to chop wood and miss? Without the kinetic return of energy, stopping momentum requires a ton of physical energy. (A ton in comparison to the amount put into the swing) staggering is a natural consequence.

The same theory/fact goes into swinging something on a thin pole with a large weight on the end. (A halberd or other like weaponry)

Stamina regen from thrusting a spear behind a shield is on par imo as well. Your stamina regens slower already in heavy armor and even slower if you hold your shield up. But, it is not as stamina heavy as swinging a huge axe. Hence no decrease in stamina regen. If we look at the roman army for example, holding shields and swinging (though usually with a sword) with less force allows the soldier to stay on the battlefield for longer, while using less energy. This also helps (in game) that spears do significantly less damage than greatswords and the like.

Locked on no lagstabbing. This idea completely removes a tactic from the game. Fixing the lag issue and not the backstab should be the goal here.

Last edited by ZeppelinMetal on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : finished posting and unblocking)
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:47 pm

OakshottXII wrote:

"lagstabbing" - unable to backstab opponent if they have locked on to you this will allow sneak attacks to still work becuase they must see you to lock on but will stop people fishing for backstabs and chain backstabs because you can lock on while getting up from a lagstab

I don't like it, you can always be locked on to someone.

Often times someone will be locked onto me and swing and miss with a slow weapon, it's very easy to backstab someone when they do that.

But it would cancel it out if they are locked onto you, that would be stupid, because rolling into an attack and BSing the person is part of the game. A Risk equals Reward type thing.
    dirkdeadeye
    dirkdeadeye
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dirkdeadeye Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:09 pm

I think they should introduce a contextual counter-move for a backstab. The window would be about a half a second, but if you parry, or say light swing, at the right moment, depending on your foes animation..you do some Segal esque counter move..and throw them. The damage wouldin't be on par with a backstab.. But it would add another layer to PvP, maybe force people to be a little more chivalrous than just wait for a wide arcing miss, or pivot backstabbing, and chain backstabbing. I honestly think those tactics, while obviously deeply ingrained in PvP, should be discouraged. Honestly, there are enough "I WIN" button tactics. But backstabbing seems to be an exploitable loophole.

After watching youtube videos, and reading on the subject..I know it's not an issue of lag, just the methods behind getting backstabs are un natural, and clearly an exploitation of mechanics. Breaking a BS chain, as well as initiating is also a exploitation of mechanics. Outside of punishing someone swinging a heavy weapon, and "pivoting" behind them, that's acceptable.. But more often than not, it's just a matter of exploiting game mechanics to get quick kills.

Now i'm gonna commit a game forum taboo, but I can't help but to say in every fist fight i've been in, at no moment was I able to "pivot" behind someone and punch them in the kidneys. You would naturally twist your midsection, and feet follow.

On top of that, I appreciate the parry system, but I think there needs to be more depth.

Two hand counter moves oughta like swat away the blow, and either chop at them or, go straight down, maybe shoulder them, and hit them when they're down..kick them and stab them..

On top of that, what if we could punish people for being wide open, maybe do some tekken esque combos..swing, then forward swing, heavy swing..to get a cool Darksiders like animation.

I know i'm reaching, but I just think more could be done with pvp, maybe then fights would boil down to technical "skill" rather than critical hit "skill".
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:29 pm

hatched egg head, i.e after reaching mature egghead a rank 3 chaos servent can have quelaan hatch the egg giving them a chaos spider head, bare handed attack inflicts fire damage and chaos pyro casts are doubled. that is all also make chaos pyros only usable while a member of the chaos cov.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:57 pm

what i think should be changed(major game design i dont think should be touched)

BACKSTABS: personally i think the hitbox for backstabs should be changed to something smaller and harder to hit. as of now you can land a backstab while being pretty much on the side of a person rather then their back.

ITEMS: dwgr should be nerfed i think this can be agreed upon by most people. how it should be nerfed is the question. i personally think they should down it to 25% equip but reduce stamina reduction slightly. scudman slayer mentioned having over 25% but under 50% have normal light roll, i think thats a good idea. maybe have it so it takes slightly slower and take more stamina then if you were actually under 25%

\POISE: I have changed my mind about this(edited).i think that 70 poise you can take 1 hit from a normal greatsword but instead of stunlocking it should toss you like it did in Demon's Souls. and then a big gap and have 100 poise enable you to take 2hits.

SPELLS:I only think two spells should be patched wrath and great combustion. for wog i think they should have a longer cast time(duh right) but have it so if your dex is at 40-50 its close to what the normal cast is now(slightly less but not faster). for great combustion i think they should shrink the hitbox and take maybe 50-100dmg away.

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:22 am; edited 3 times in total
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Hey Oak! Welcome to the wiki.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:32 pm

about the dark wood grain ring...

to me its making it a bit useless for upper 50% burden because stamina reduction will not matter when my stamina recovers to its full bar in less than one second (eating the herb to recover stamina that i forgot the name)

maybe making you just have a normal lightweight roll? would be a good reason for me to use it at least
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:51 pm

^^ thats a good idea they could have under 25% get the flip which gives you more accurate movement and above 25% and i say 40% or under but i just hate seeing heavy armor tanks ninja flipping. i honestly think it kills the atmosphere that demons souls had :x
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:05 pm

I think the dark wood grain ring should just consume more stamina to flip (50%+?). It would stop a lot of heavier players from abusing it as they can't combo as much or roll repeatedly. In reality such a manoeuvre is pretty physically demanding with a full suit of armour IMO. *edit* I had an idea about back stabbing before I join here. It pretty much involves shrinking the angle in which you can back stab based on weapon length. Daggers would keep the full angle while a pike would would require you to be actually behind them.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:37 pm

SublimeSinner wrote:I think the dark wood grain ring should just consume more stamina to flip (50%+?). It would stop a lot of heavier players from abusing it as they can't combo as much or roll repeatedly. In reality such a manoeuvre is pretty physically demanding with a full suit of armour IMO. *edit* I had an idea about back stabbing before I join here. It pretty much involves shrinking the angle in which you can back stab based on weapon length. Daggers would keep the full angle while a pike would would require you to be actually behind them.

It's a good idea in practice but the amount of players I see in full giants or Havels with a chaos bandits kinfe as the secondary weapon is staggering. It would increase even more with this patch, meaning very few backstabs would actually be prevented by the technique.

That's just my two cents (Or pence where I'm from).
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Yeah, I kinda do see that becoming a staple in a gank squad. Touche.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:01 am