Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
billy_bayonet
Uparkaam
WyrmHero
Ser Isaac
VIcious72
9 posters

Funny PvP Non-Encounter

VIcious72

Funny PvP Non-Encounter Empty Funny PvP Non-Encounter

Post by VIcious72 Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:16 pm

I thought I'd share this, it may frustrate some, but it made me laugh.

I was in human form, finished the depths, and headed to blighttown. For my money, the "run" from the first bonfire in blighttown (on the ledge) to the one in the swamp (right before the room with the dragon scale in the chest) is the toughest in this game. You face a fair amount of enemies, the camera angles don't help much, you get poisoned, and just generally hate life. I didn't even kindle the bonfire because I do that run one time and never go back. Probably the only part of the game that I don't replay any more than I have to.

So I'm making this 'run' and I'm human, waiting for the inevitable invasion. I get through the upper part with no invasion, go through the fog gate after getting the scythe, and start heading down the ladders to the swamp itself. At this point, I start thinking "Oh, thank God, I might make it to the bonfire and not have to replay this section again." I climb down a ladder, and forget that there's one of those fire breathers behind me, but when it bumps into me, it knocks me off the platform, into the cliff face and I fall to the bottom.

And I don't die. I use my last flask and am about at 50% hp and start running for the bonfire thinking 'Oh my God, I thought I was dead - I MADE IT.'

And then I round the corner and I can't get the bonfire lit.

Then I get the 'You have been invaded...' message. DAMN IT! I don't want to waste a humanity, I don't want to replay this section, and I'm out of estus. I think 'screw it, I'm quitting a reloading.' For some reason, I stop and think 'No, you know what, I'll hide." I find a hiding spot and put on the ring of fog and unequip my dragon crest shield (so I don't give off a glow). And I wait.

I see the invader from my hiding spot. He literally is within swinging distance. I ready for a fight, in case he sees me.

He moves on.

I watch and can see the 'bar' for health diminishing (due to being poisoned).

And I wait.

Then I get the first message 'I want a hug.' I laugh. But I don't move, and I wait.

5 minutes goes by.

10 minutes goes by. Man, this guy is persistent.

He passes by me 4 more times. Literally right by me.

15 minutes. Another message 'Where the hell r u?!?!'

21 minutes. He goes home and I start laughing. My wife says 'what's so funny.' I tell her. She shakes her head and walks out of the room.
    Ser Isaac
    Ser Isaac
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Funny PvP Non-Encounter Empty Re: Funny PvP Non-Encounter

Post by Ser Isaac Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Hah. Nice! I tried using RoF but they always find me sad....
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:33 pm

LOL what a funny story!!!!! I hate Blighttown too, specially that run from first bonfire to the pit. I once lost 20 humanity in that stupid run.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Haha, nice one. +1 for you. I don't think I would ever have that kind of patience in that situation.

Last edited by Uparkaam on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:14 pm

why not just buy the master key from domhall and then go back to firelink shrine and use the waterwhell shortcut?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:36 pm

RoF and Hidden Body are both awesome for confusing people. I often play hide and seek with phantoms <3.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Great story, one time something similar happened to me, but I was sure the invader saw me because he was on my screen in the horizon by the time I cast chameleon. I saw him coming towards me and I was sure he knew I was a fake and about to attack me and... then he just walk right by me. I guess his camera had been turned when I cast it. Don't think I have ever been so far off the edge of my seat as that moment.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:14 pm

^ That happened to me too. I was in the Forest and cast chameleon, and this phantom runs right up to me and stares at me like: "Hmm, thats a suspicious tree," and moves on. I laughed so hard.
    endnuen

Post by endnuen Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:53 am

I usually just go around blighttown, use the master key and go through the valley of drakes shortcut. I only ever go the other way if I want the Iaito or the ninja armor.

Anyway, I once got invaded in Sen's, just ran back to the bridge in the beginning, outside Sen's, and waited, the phantom found me, but couldn't get to me really because of the narrow ledge and my spear.

I think he tried 4 or 5 times with different approaches before black crystalling home after 15 minutes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:48 pm