Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

AR question

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

AR question Empty AR question

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:20 pm

I was wondering, have you guys figured out the increasing returns ratio yet? Ie would i hit harder with 655 ar pure physical or 721 split?

(looking at reim and BLAIN mostly but if anyone knows, as in has numbers, help would be appreciated )
    reim0027
    reim0027

AR question Empty Re: AR question

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:38 pm

We haven't figured out any new information, since that thread was posting. I'm not sure exactly how to go about testing it. BUT, if someone has an idea of what to test and how, let me know and I'll test it out. Even if it takes a while. I think Yesu and I spent 7 hours testing the first time. This included and extra 2 hours to retest (since we messed up the first time, we had to start all over).

So, if anyone has an idea of how to test it, just let me known and I'll get 'er done.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Pure anything will hit harder than a split with numbers that close. At 600 Pure versus 850 Split, the line becomes pretty blurred, but when the AR's are very similar the split will do less, unless you have a very certain armor type. Like a thrust weapon with magic damage on the eastern armor. The eastern armor has very high slash resistance, so pure slash does less to it, but it has low thrust and magic defense meaning the split would actually deal more damage. It really just depends on the armor type.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:09 pm

Tolvo wrote:Pure anything will hit harder than a split with numbers that close. At 600 Pure versus 850 Split, the line becomes pretty blurred, but when the AR's are very similar the split will do less, unless you have a very certain armor type. Like a thrust weapon with magic damage on the eastern armor. The eastern armor has very high slash resistance, so pure slash does less to it, but it has low thrust and magic defense meaning the split would actually deal more damage. It really just depends on the armor type.

Did you pick random numbers or include buffs, because no unbuffed weapon can reach 850.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:10 pm

I was saying hypothetical answers, not raw data. If people want the raw data they'll have to actually record it themselves, testing weapons on people in the forest is a pain in the hell to do, and writing down numbers while fighting three people is a real pain.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:48 pm