Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Artorias Shield and Bleed

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Artorias Shield and Bleed Empty Artorias Shield and Bleed

Post by Shkar Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Has it been determined why katanas bleed effect ignores the affliction resistance of the Artorias Greatshield? Is it the fact that many katanas are buffed/elemental, and as such the attack isn't COMPLETELY blocked, or does bleed just ignore that part of the shield?
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Artorias Shield and Bleed Empty Re: Artorias Shield and Bleed

Post by True King Doran Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:37 am

I'm under the impression that bleed just isn't a status the shield blocks. No idea why but that's just the way it is. I don't think it has anything to do with what kind of damage the weapon does, but just the fact that it causes bleeding. I think there are a few threads on here about the discussion let me find it
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by True King Doran Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:39 am

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t132-greatshield-of-artorias-blocking-bleed?highlight=bleed+effect

Also, sorry it took so long for someone to get back to you, but this information is already a tad redundant, you could probably find the answer to a lot of questions like this with the search bar. And it's just a suggestion, not moral/intellectual/stuck-up/whatever douchebaggery lol
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:47 am

True King Doran wrote:https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t132-greatshield-of-artorias-blocking-bleed?highlight=bleed+effect

Also, sorry it took so long for someone to get back to you, but this information is already a tad redundant, you could probably find the answer to a lot of questions like this with the search bar. And it's just a suggestion, not moral/intellectual/stuck-up/whatever douchebaggery lol

Oh wow. My apologies, it's been so long since I've been on a forum that actually has a search function that will find relevant stuff, i didn't even think to search for it...

Thanks again.
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by True King Doran Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:58 am

no problem! and thanks for actually accepting that as advice lol i haven't been on a forum with a community this awesome, well, ever. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop and all the trolls and assholes come out :suspect:
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 am

True King Doran wrote:no problem! and thanks for actually accepting that as advice lol i haven't been on a forum with a community this awesome, well, ever. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop and all the trolls and assholes come out :suspect:

Hmm, sadly looking for the words Bleed and Artorias only came up with one likely thread, so I'm guessing this thread still holds a bit of merit.

So far, most people in that thread said bleed was blocked by it, but I know that my bleed bar went up with it on. Sadly, I play on XBL, the outcast console on these forums it seems...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:04 am

I'm on XBL too, so I know the feeling. But it's really not all that bad, there's still some great people on the Xbox as well, more jerkwads, unfortunately, but some good guys as well.

I also agree, I can't understand why a shield wouldn't block bleed build-up. Seems kind of nonsensical to me.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:06 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I'm on XBL too, so I know the feeling. But it's really not all that bad, there's still some great people on the Xbox as well, more jerkwads, unfortunately, but some good guys as well.

I also agree, I can't understand why a shield wouldn't block bleed build-up. Seems kind of nonsensical to me.

Oh, I just meant that it makes it difficult for me to test why it won't block bleed for me happy

Although, almost every person I invaded on my nonsense character taunted when they killed a guy with one piece of armor and 2 caestus'. Even though most of them used two or three people to do it...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:38 am