Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Hyper Knight [Stone Statue Cosplay Build.]

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Hyper Knight [Stone Statue Cosplay Build.] Empty Hyper Knight [Stone Statue Cosplay Build.]

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:33 am

http://tinyurl.com/88cdlvt

I was looking into how to be an efficient Stone Sentinel in PvP, and I came up with this. The build isn't genuinely intended for actual efficiency, otherwise I could find several sets of gear that would permit me to have close to if not more poise. In addition, without the stone shield, the build can do the same thing with 45 endurance, which would form a far more solid build. Something would just be missing without the shield, and I sort of couldn't bring myself to leave it out of the build with the sense of cosplay in mind.

So what is out of place, is my movement speed. You see, this is a hyper knight, so I plan on moving insanely fast across the battlefield, with the Stone Greatshield up at all times, much like I imaging the Sentinels would do if they were capable of running at all. The danger in this build comes from the infinite ability to cast TWoP, with less then half the cast time, and about a 24 second durance. I don't even have to wait for it to "stop", unlike TWoP, I could recast it every 5 seconds if I was so predisposed to. Obviously I'm planning on carrying repair powder, and Obviously I'm not inclined to do that unless there is 2 or more of you for me to fight at once, or you're casting TWoP yourself.

I plan on 1 handing the sword at nearly all times, much like the Sentinels themselves do, however when I two hand it is when I'll be mocking a berserk mode. Gankers (The most likely targets of said berserk mode) might take a moment to appreciate how my movement speed declines a nudge, because Beserk mode includes replacing the DWGR with a Hornets ring to punish them with unavoidable backstabs.

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Hyper Knight [Stone Statue Cosplay Build.] Empty Re: Hyper Knight [Stone Statue Cosplay Build.]

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:39 am

I feel like you could better benefit from using the ring of fap and the wolf ring, giving you massive health and massive poise. Movement for you won't be an issue as you can cast twop infinitely. If you add health, equip burden, stamina and poise I feel you could better cosplay the knights as well as be more effective in pvp.

Also the dexterity was unnecessary. Try this build on for size. http://tinyurl.com/7u2plra
    Also dex needs an extra point for that to work. I made a dumb dumb.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Hyper Knight [Stone Statue Cosplay Build.] Empty Re: Hyper Knight [Stone Statue Cosplay Build.]

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:53 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:I feel like you could better benefit from using the ring of fap and the wolf ring, giving you massive health and massive poise. Movement for you won't be an issue as you can cast twop infinitely. If you add health, equip burden, stamina and poise I feel you could better cosplay the knights as well as be more effective in pvp.

Also the dexterity was unnecessary. Try this build on for size. http://tinyurl.com/7u2plra
    Also dex needs an extra point for that to work. I made a dumb dumb.
    The Dex means more then you're giving it credit for, I lost about 100 points of attack power!

I'm still looking into if I can make due without the fast movement speed. I'm worried about spell casters, medium and heavy rolls don't have invincibility frames, and I'm not too confidant that I can survive 12 soul spears from a magician in a row. It's something I'll need to look into before getting my Endurance above 53. Because if I stop at 53 for a medium roll and movement speed (when using the RoFaP) then I can pre-test the build against the level 75 ring of players and make any minute adjustments based on how well I can handle spellcasters. Based on what you just suggested, this would be my new build if I consider that plausible in real combat.>> http://tinyurl.com/89k9ukq <<

I'll be honest, I've never used medium armor, I'm not sure how much efficiency I'm going to loose by being in that weight class... I'm certainly not going to catch up to anyone running from my TWoP though.

EDIT: This looks like a good alternative too.
    http://tinyurl.com/7lavt6z
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:09 am

I've never used the medium roll, but I've fought against people who use it successfully. The main thing you should worry about isn't being slower, its backstabs which you can counter with the swords twop. The medium roll is more than capable of dodging soul spears at medium range, plus if you're hosting you'll have the advantage as far as lag and the soul spears go.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:13 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:I've never used the medium roll, but I've fought against people who use it successfully. The main thing you should worry about isn't being slower, its backstabs which you can counter with the swords twop. The medium roll is more than capable of dodging soul spears at medium range, plus if you're hosting you'll have the advantage as far as lag and the soul spears go.
    Right, I'll just have to test it out with a friend in PvP later. I believe Medium has a small, but still existant period of time where you were invincible during a roll, it would just require better timing.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:14 am

Just practice dude. Seriously, any build will be good in pvp as long as it has a focus, nothing says you can't use a slow roll speed.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:18 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:Just practice dude. Seriously, any build will be good in pvp as long as it has a focus, nothing says you can't use a slow roll speed.
    I wonder how many blasts of pyromancy it would take to kill me. Generally I'm hoping to keep people close to me with this build, and except for WoG's, which I can easily block 4 blasts with the shield (I already tested that, I lost about 540 HP from all 4 blasts, and had about 15% of my Stamina left), I don't see much being able to hurt me at close range. Yeah, I'll have fun messing with this build, thanks for the tips on improving it.

Now my next question, do you (or anyone else possibly lurking) see anything cheap about the use of the Stone Swords TWoP buff? I think it's a bit hilarious personally.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:02 am

Personally I hate twop, if someone casts it I run, spam arrows and get ready to be a poor sport and preform a pivot, because twop is usually followed by wog.

Now, in reality, its a spell provided by the game that is usable for pvp. Use it. Anything goes in pvp.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:04 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:Personally I hate twop, if someone casts it I run, spam arrows and get ready to be a poor sport and preform a pivot, because twop is usually followed by wog.

Now, in reality, its a spell provided by the game that is usable for pvp. Use it. Anything goes in pvp.
    Do you think those tactics would change at all if it's the result of this weapon, and not a talisman (implying WoG won't follow it up)? How do you think you'd react from the weapon.

Also, I just found out Lingering Dragoncrest makes this last longer... I'm highly considering using it.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:30 am

Possibly. I mean in pvp as soon as the talisman comes out in close quarters I get ready to bs. So if its from the sword I'd probably just try and keep my distance, though I've never encountered it.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:41 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:Possibly. I mean in pvp as soon as the talisman comes out in close quarters I get ready to bs. So if its from the sword I'd probably just try and keep my distance, though I've never encountered it.
    I've thought of this possibility. I think some players might give me more room then they give turtles, seeing as TWoP can happen at any moment... the only way to see for sure is to try it out in PVP though.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:59 am

Personally I think complaining about certain playstyles (I'm as guilty as the next guy) is stupid. Play the game how you want. There's always a way to counter something someone else does.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:25 am

You'll be fine with just the fat roll honestly. I'm sitting hear reading all about how you're afraid you won't be able to take the punishment if you're slow rolling, but you have one of the most powerful shields in the game. You don't need to be able to roll when you can block around 85% of all incoming damage. By the time they've exhausted their Great Combustions/Soul Spears/WoGs you'll still be up and running with 66%-75% of your HP in some of the most defensivly powerful armor in the game. It's called a tank build for a reason! winking

Anyway, here's what I would recommend. Take down the End all the way to 30 and swap out the Havel's Ring for the Ring of Favor and Protection. This will give you just enough equip load to fat roll, as well as putting your stamina right around where it would be if you had 40 End without the Ring of Favor and Protection. Pump up your Dex a bit to 40 to max out your physical scalings on the sword, and dump the rest into Vit for even more tankiness. Some other tweaks that you could change up would be to take away from Vit and pump End to 40 for greater stamina and slightly better stamina regen. Another thing is that while I put the Cloranthy Ring as the second ring slot to help prevent stamina starving yourself, for even greater tanking power the Wolf Ring, Ring of Steel Protection, any of the Stoneplate rings, or even the Blue Tearstone Ring would work if you have good stamina management skills.

Bottom line, don't put so much importance on flipping and rolling. You're taking a build that uses some of the most powerful armor and shield in the game. In all that gear you can actually afford to block or even take an extra hit or two. The fat roll does in fact have invincibility frames (just only at the very start of it) so if you get someone who spams Soul Spears you can still avoid them from a distance between blocking with good timing. Anyway, that's probably more than my two cents, hope it helps some. happy
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:48 am

Reaperfan wrote:You'll be fine with just the fat roll honestly. I'm sitting hear reading all about how you're afraid you won't be able to take the punishment if you're slow rolling, but you have one of the most powerful shields in the game. You don't need to be able to roll when you can block around 85% of all incoming damage. By the time they've exhausted their Great Combustions/Soul Spears/WoGs you'll still be up and running with 66%-75% of your HP in some of the most defensivly powerful armor in the game. It's called a tank build for a reason! winking

Anyway, here's what I would recommend. Take down the End all the way to 30 and swap out the Havel's Ring for the Ring of Favor and Protection. This will give you just enough equip load to fat roll, as well as putting your stamina right around where it would be if you had 40 End without the Ring of Favor and Protection. Pump up your Dex a bit to 40 to max out your physical scalings on the sword, and dump the rest into Vit for even more tankiness. Some other tweaks that you could change up would be to take away from Vit and pump End to 40 for greater stamina and slightly better stamina regen. Another thing is that while I put the Cloranthy Ring as the second ring slot to help prevent stamina starving yourself, for even greater tanking power the Wolf Ring, Ring of Steel Protection, any of the Stoneplate rings, or even the Blue Tearstone Ring would work if you have good stamina management skills.

Bottom line, don't put so much importance on flipping and rolling. You're taking a build that uses some of the most powerful armor and shield in the game. In all that gear you can actually afford to block or even take an extra hit or two. The fat roll does in fact have invincibility frames (just only at the very start of it) so if you get someone who spams Soul Spears you can still avoid them from a distance between blocking with good timing. Anyway, that's probably more than my two cents, hope it helps some. happy
    I'll probably make at least a few different versions of this chsr while I test all this...
    But I'd like to mention defense has diminishing returns, a lightning Zweihander does 460 damage even with 510 slash defense and 390 lightning defense. I've build a tank much like that before, and sadly it didn't operate as flawlessly as you're suggesting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:06 am