Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Serious_Much
Yukon
User
Rynn
TehInfamousAmos
evilinvader
10 posters

I gave up, sold it..but after 3 months I decided to rebuy it!

evilinvader
    evilinvader

I gave up, sold it..but after 3 months I decided to rebuy it! Empty I gave up, sold it..but after 3 months I decided to rebuy it!

Post by evilinvader Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Yes, i'm totally new here, in this forum. I've been a slient reader for a couple fo weeks and that's why i decided to give Dark Souls another go. But I have a very lame story about it that I think I should share with you, for a good laugh...

My save is almost 90 hours. I'm level 47. I played like a total loser. I succeeded with some tough (imo) bosses. I killed te two gargoyles, Capra demon, Sif the wolf, Gaping Dragon

BUT I accidentally killed Andreï, the blacksmith..I was so freaked out about his kung-fu fighting! But after this, I was like...F**K, where is the other blacksmith? I was still with that lame newbie weapon, the drake sword...So, after a couple of days, I sold it because I was sure that I was doomed to restart my game.

So for now, I should receive my new copy of dark souls this week. I will have a look at my save and come here to see if some people coud give me tips to keep playing my saved game. I'm Pyromancer, btw... And I sincerely hope that I do not need to restart...if it's the only way, I will do it but i'm kind of sad and depress big grin

great forum by the way!

Last edited by evilinvader on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I gave up, sold it..but after 3 months I decided to rebuy it! Empty Re: I gave up, sold it..but after 3 months I decided to rebuy it!

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Okay - you will likely need to restart your playthrough but with my SL15 Assassin of Vinheim build I am more than willing to help you with the bosses you struggled on dude - well actually heck - I will help you with any boss but the majority of the time I will let you try it a few times before so I don't ruin the experience of your first playthrough bro - Peace...
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I gave up, sold it..but after 3 months I decided to rebuy it! Empty Re: I gave up, sold it..but after 3 months I decided to rebuy it!

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:24 pm

The save is salvagable, but it would be difficult. You need a Red Chunk (at least one). Get 9 titanite shards and the red chunk, and visit the blacksmith in the Catacombs to make a Fire Weapon. Pyromancy + a Flame Weapon will carry you through most of the game.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:26 pm

need 9 green shards, do not forget that. Also need either the chaos or large flame ember; The two emebers of fire are found in the Demon Ruins, if you know where it is. It is after Blighttown.
    evilinvader
    evilinvader

Post by evilinvader Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:need 9 green shards, do not forget that. Also need either the chaos or large flame ember; The two emebers of fire are found in the Demon Ruins, if you know where it is. It is after Blighttown.

so I will need to travel in Blighttown this way...Ok.. I don't remember what red chunks and green shards are so I will need to replay the game carefully.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:28 pm

I didn't want to suggest catacombs as I thought that would be a spoiler lads - also he probably didnt know about BT therefore I was trying to keep quiet. but ahh still yeah it is salvageable with a lot of hard work
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Btw, if it's been 3 months, I'd just recommend starting over. You'll be rusty, and you'll want to re-learn the game against less deadly enemies.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Hm. You can get green shards from leeches, which you can find in Blight town if you explore the swamp area well. The red chunks come from the grub worms in Demon Ruins at times as well. You also get green shards from the demon grub worms as well.

Dark Souls in general require caution. I hope you luck.

evilinvader
    evilinvader

Post by evilinvader Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Rynn wrote:Btw, if it's been 3 months, I'd just recommend starting over. You'll be rusty, and you'll want to re-learn the game against less deadly enemies.

*sigh...Yes that what I thought. But honestly, it was such a pleasure to play at first, farmign for souls, levelled up. I will be able to recreate something better and not doing the same lame mistakes.

Should I keep the pyromancer? I think that I will try something else.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:37 pm

May I suggest the Bandit or Cleric - those generally tend to be the best classes when you are making non int builds :L
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:37 pm

You could also turn yourself into a mage, go and get an ember very close to where andrei was in the forest, then farm those blue golem creatures at the bottom of the forest for chunks and green shards from the leeches, then take road down from firelink (the main area) and you will come to new londo, go down the stairs where the laying hollow is and you will find a magic black smith.

If you work on pumping up your intel you can play through the game flinging magic and using a good magic scaling weapon of your choosing.

EDIT: NVM I am late to the party and it sounds like you want to restart now. But you could still save your character in a number of ways, this one being the fastest.

Last edited by Yukon on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:38 pm

I think the 4 best classes are usually Pyromancer, Sorcerer, Cleric, and Warrior. I'd reccomend starting there on your search. Magic will -almost always- outdamage your blade, but It's my firm belief swordplay is closer to how the game was intended to be played.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Hmmm Yukon - that isnt a bad idea :L and if he has already stacked str he could chuck that up to +5 then +5 magic then enchanted +4 and be sorted if he stacks int to about 40/50
    evilinvader
    evilinvader

Post by evilinvader Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Yukon wrote:You could also turn yourself into a mage, go and get an ember very close to where andrei was in the forest, then farm those blue golem creatures at the bottom of the forest for chunks and green shards from the leeches, then take road down from firelink (the main area) and you will come to new londo, go down the stairs where the laying hollow is and you will find a magic black smith.

If you work on pumping up your intel you can play through the game flinging magic and using a good magic scaling weapon of your choosing.

EDIT: NVM I am late to the party and it sounds like you want to restart now. But you could still save your character in a number of ways, this one being the fastest.
    A big thank you for your suggestion! I don't really know what to do. it's sure that i'm rusty and I will need some replay, that's for sure. So, I would simply need to get an ember, give him to Vinheim and go get some green shards to create a magic weapon. It sounds good.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Andrei should have dropped a plate, it will open a door into the forest, make sure you run through it hollow as its an invasion hotspot. Just beyond that you will find an open field with baby mushrooms walking around, and its in that area in a chest.

I think you are still in the learning part of the game, personally I put down the game for about 1 month because my pre-order took a *** year to send from amazon.ca So I played up to blight town on my friends copy, then gave it back and waited for mine to show up.

I don't think you will have a hard time getting into the swing of things this early on.

I would also recommend talking to the black mage you may have found in the lower burg, he will have moved to firelink, and he sells some good beginner magic that you can probably use at just 14 intel. Like great souls arrow.
    evilinvader
    evilinvader

Post by evilinvader Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Yukon wrote:Andrei should have dropped a plate, it will open a door into the forest, make sure you run through it hollow as its an invasion hotspot. Just beyond that you will find an open field with baby mushrooms walking around, and its in that area in a chest.

I think you are still in the learning part of the game, personally I put down the game for about 1 month because my pre-order took a *** year to send from amazon.ca So I played up to blight town on my friends copy, then gave it back and waited for mine to show up.

I don't think you will have a hard time getting into the swing of things this early on.

I would also recommend talking to the black mage you may have found in the lower burg, he will have moved to firelink, and he sells some good beginner magic that you can probably use at just 14 intel. Like great souls arrow.

Good to know! Can't wait to try this. I already had great souls arrow. I wasn't that bad but I wasn't good in some decisions I made. But I never had planning to used magic weapons which is a very good suggestion.
    evilinvader
    evilinvader

Post by evilinvader Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Finally, I jut had a look at my save data and i do not have it at all. So, now I suck even more.

Time to replay it, begin a new game

Thanks to everyone for the tips, greatly appreciated!
    evilinvader
    evilinvader

Post by evilinvader Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:43 pm

So, I completed my frist playthrough last saturday! Quite glad, i'm in my 1st NG+ and let me say that I had a blast!

I noticed some stuff vs the wiki, some strategies I employed and that was very successfull against some bosses.

WEll, against the Four Kings : I did Sen's Fortress first so I had the lightning spear. I upgraded it to + 4

I wore the Grass Crest Shield on my back and I attacked the first king with my lightning spear, two handed...I succeeded at my second attemp since I didin't know their pattern. I was at LV45, Pyromancer. I took only 2 estus flasks in the second fight which is quite amazing. I didin't even use my Pyro at all, only the ligtning spear, two handed.

To be honest, my Lightning spears helped most of the bosses fight after the Iron Golem. It was also very usefull agaisnt Darksun Gwendolyn.

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:43 pm

good stuff, resourcefulness to the max there! didn't even need a blacksmith to finish the game using that silly

Try out some different weapons too though, there's some interesting ones out there happy
    evilinvader
    evilinvader

Post by evilinvader Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Serious_Much wrote:good stuff, resourcefulness to the max there! didn't even need a blacksmith to finish the game using that silly

Try out some different weapons too though, there's some interesting ones out there happy

Oh but I did! At the end, I was only using my Fire Longsword + 10 but before Bed of Chaos, I used my lightning spear and succeeded at it everytime big grin

Now, on my NG+, my ligtning spear is pointless...damn, I have so much trouble against the Titainte demon in the catacombs..it's ridiculous.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:51 pm

Yeah, with NG+ you need to really up your power. Have you got any form of magic? they really can be picked off using long range attacks very easily.

In NG+ the most important thing is avoiding damage, you're sure to become a much better manager of stamina and dodger by the end of NG+, it does get very tough at some points.
    evilinvader
    evilinvader

Post by evilinvader Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Yeah, with NG+ you need to really up your power. Have you got any form of magic? they really can be picked off using long range attacks very easily.

In NG+ the most important thing is avoiding damage, you're sure to become a much better manager of stamina and dodger by the end of NG+, it does get very tough at some points.

Actually, I never used any magic/sorceries. Only my pyro at the beginning. I was "planning" to be a pyro and doing the range attack most of the time but my strategy failed and I became a melee pyro...what a travesty I am silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:02 pm

I'd say this playthrough really invest into some kind of ranged attack. Pyro can be a really useful tool against bosses and enemies in general. Range will let you get through the more difficult bits with a bit more ease happy
    evilinvader
    evilinvader

Post by evilinvader Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I'd say this playthrough really invest into some kind of ranged attack. Pyro can be a really useful tool against bosses and enemies in general. Range will let you get through the more difficult bits with a bit more ease happy

yes and what I realized in this NG+ is ; Forget what you did, this time, it's gonna be hard and merciless.

damn, just the skeletons in the catacombs are quite hard. Maybe I should follow the same road I did the first time.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:37 pm

You gotta remember that in NG+, you're not gonna get anymore powerful, what you have got is the best you will have ever so might as well keep going.. Have you got a +10 divine weapon to make the catacombs a bit easier?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:18 am