Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Fever/cough remedies.

JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Fever/cough remedies. Empty Fever/cough remedies.

Post by JY4answer Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:26 am

My gf recently caught a bad flu, coughed a lot, lost her voice, high fever and everything, and after taking care of her for a while I got it too. During this time we looked up a lot of stuff on remedies and ways to help fight the bug, and I just thought I'd share it with my fellow Chosen Ones. Hopefully when you get this yourself one day you will remember these tips.

A fever is your body's way of making you a less habitable place for germs, bacteria and viruses. So don't worry too much about that, unless you get above 40 celcius which might fry your brain. Don't ever take a cold shower, as that's a very common misconception. Your skin will contract and heat will be kept in the body. Instead, wipe your skin with a damp towel, and the evaporation of the water will lower your body temperature. Drink lots and lots of water, or even better, fruit juice. Forget about the bottled/canned ones with more sugar than coke. Fresh juice gives you water and vitamins, two important things to fight bugs. Sports drinks also help. If the temperature is making you feel uncomfortable, causing headaches and joint aches, go ahead and take some panadol or anything with paracetemol.

Cough remedies often invlove honey, citrus fruits or apple cider vinegar. I find a teaspoon each of honey and cider mixed into a quarter of a cup of water to be a really good soothing drink. It also kills germs and bacteria. Avoid eating anything that is cooked with or has oil. No better way to enhance your coughing sensation and kill your throat than deep fried goodies. Also avoid milk products, as milk fat causes phlegm and mucus. Spicy foods kill germs, but they also hurt your throat. Instead, if you can take it, chew on pieces of raw garlic. The flavour is exciting, to say the least, and my gf complained about my garlic breath, but it works well in killing whatever's in your oral and nasal system. Again, lots of water helps here too.

Go see the doctor. No matter how insignificant you think your sickness is, they always have a better idea of what it is and what to do. And they can prescribe you antibiotics to kill those bugs 200 times the speed your system does.

Last tip: Get health insurance. The bills would have been rather painful if I didn't.

So here it is. The research and expereince of a Chosen One that almost coughed his undead head off. I hope this will help you one day. Take care people.

Last edited by JY4answer on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Fever/cough remedies. Empty Re: Fever/cough remedies.

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 am

Thanks for the advice JY big grin

Though really not sure why the doctor is prescribing antibiotics for a fever, they wouldn't let you get away with that kinda thing in Britain silly
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:41 am

We both had a viral infection.

Last tip: Get health insurance. The bills would have been rather painful if I didn't.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:23 pm