Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Job Description: PVP Assistant

Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Job Description: PVP Assistant Empty Job Description: PVP Assistant

Post by Kirk-Barb Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Some fine folks on this Wiki suggested some weapons that might make me better in combat. So I took their suggestions to the Forest to try the weapons out on the 4 guardians their. Just to make it more interesting I placed my white help available sign at the bottom of the stairs. I got plenty of practice in with the guardians as my gear was not impressive enough to warrant a lot of offers. Still I did get a number of offers. All but one of those were hosts looking for a fight. As for that one... that's another post.

I have done my time invading in the Forest and did not like the fact every fight was at least two on me. So I didn't want to go that route. Instead, I watched the host's back and let him fight any invaders one on one. I only got involved if a second invader showed while the host already had a client in his office. I would then show the new arrival to a different waiting area. While he waited for the host to become available for a meeting, I would offer to entertain him with the point of my balder's side sword or the edge of my claymore. On a rare occasion I might even show him some pyrotechnics. When the host did arrive to meet with his next appointment, I would simply remove myself from the area and begin looking for the host's next appointment.

Surprisingly most hosts had no problem with this. There were two who were a bit put out about it. Flaming me with fire and flailing me with their weapon to show their disapproval. But these employers were poor in business and could only handle a single client. By the time the second appointment arrived they were done and I was unemployed once more.

However I had one boss who employed me for 35 minutes. He was great to work for. Most of his meetings only lasted about 20 seconds. Sometimes it took him longer to get to his meeting then it did for the meeting itself. There were a couple of very difficult clients though that took several minutes. When his meeting ran over I would find myself trying to explain to his next appointment why they had to wait. It was very trying. But my employer was good to his employee. I never once saw him heal during a meeting no matter how close to losing it he got. Yet when I got into trouble interviewing the new arrival in the waitng area, I would suddenly feel invigorated and healthy again. Somehow he was able to keep track of my situation all the while he was ocupied with his own problems. I was very impressed.

But as with all good things my services eventually were no longer needed and with a wave and a generous bow we parted ways. The job of PVP Assistant can be very difficult at times and not every employer pays well. But sometimes you get lucky and find the right employer. That job was hazardous at times, but it netted me over 250,000 souls. I took my pay and blew it all in Blighttown at the Pyromancer Witches stall.

Last edited by Kirk-Barb on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Job Description: PVP Assistant Empty Re: Job Description: PVP Assistant

Post by callipygias Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:00 pm

Somebody +1 that for me.

*edit* thank you, Somebody.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:14 pm

+1 from me too, way to go!!! Proper Bow
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:22 pm

THIS! I wish there were more phantoms like this. I usually go for the phantom first, and it's just a bother when the host wants to jump in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:54 am