Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
BARZOHD-
Ragnar0k
6 posters

Invasion! Anor Londo...

Ragnar0k

Invasion! Anor Londo... Empty Invasion! Anor Londo...

Post by Ragnar0k Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Here is a tale of two invasions to amuse yourselves:

At soul level 17 I figured that I was reasonably safe in Anor Londo. Few people, I thought, had the skills to become Dark Wraith at that level or lower like I had. And then I was promptly murdered by a completely invisible invader.

Now I looked it up. There's a glitch that triggers sometimes where an invader will become invisible in that area. I messaged the guy about it, just making conversation, but he might have thought I was accusing him of glitching on purpose.

Well he goes silent and I forget about it, go right back about my business. Lightning gargoyle gave me a hassle when I got cocky. I continued to mess things up with the giants at the top of the stairs. Things were just not going my way this run. Switching play-styles I start giving out poison arrows like candy on Halloween. I hit the giants at the top of the long staircase outside the palace with a few, and then let them die on their own time. I head right and knock out the three demons one by one. I reach the narrow bridge and take no chances. A few arrows get the attention of the pair of demons below. I stay out of view of the Dragon Bow knights and poison the monsters below.

Now I settle in with milk and cookies to watch them die. I look away from the screen for a bit and when I look back I casually rotate the camera to enjoy the scenery. Majestic vistas. A beautiful palace lit by the sunset. A Red Phantom at the top of the stairs next to me. Wait, he's not supposed to be there.

I square off with the phantom unsure of what to do. He's got an ultragreatword and heavy armor. I've got a small platform with no railings and some enemies in the other direction. Very little Estsus left. Advantage him.

The phantom uses to point emote to command me towards the thin bridge and the blood thirsty enemies below. I glance that way, see the demons still kicking, and know that the knights are already shooting my way from the sound of their Dragonslayer arrows thrumming in the distance. Not ok. I look back at him and he points again, threateningly, "March, or I kill you now." He seemed to say. Then he rushed at me.

It was choice time. I ran for the bridge. Dragonslayer arrows zero in on me immediately. At the bottom I reached the demons and do a running slash as I pass by, catching both across the middle and continuing my run. Both die behind me. The Phantom is a heartbeat away. I run right up the next bridge barely missing dragonslayers as I go, each one dying to swat me off the side. I race to the far ledge where both knights are sniping. The sound of the Phantom's boots right behind me. Snap decision, I sprint right and straight for the knight. He's barely 5 feet away when he unleashes his last arrow. It blazes by close enough to part my hair as I roll under it. I come out of the roll standing to to toe with the knight and shield bash him off the ledge before he draws his sword. I whip around the corner and drop down to the balcony with the fog door. I'm just stepping through when I hear the Phantom drop to the ledge in hot pursuit.

Running down the hallway, almost to the spiral staircase I turn to make my stand. This is where this fight is going to happen. I bow, as is good and proper, and wait for my foe to do the same. The Phantom though... He walks through the doorway from the balcony. Slowly, dangerously. His boots ringing heavy through the hallway. My shield is up and I shy away, waiting for the explosive rush that's going to come. The phantom stands there, guard down. And turns from me. He casually opens the door to the bonfire and walks in. I'm confused for a minute and slow to follow. But I do.

Inside he's standing by the fireplace, back to me, gazing into the flames it seemed. He turns to face me as I enter the room and I see there's an item at his feet. He bows and, just like that, uses a black crystal to leave my world. That's when I realized it was the same Phantom who killed me before with the unintentional glitch. He wanted to apologize.

The item turned out to be ten Large Titanite Shards. He also sent me a message after saying good job on the run. Most fun I've had being invaded.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Invasion! Anor Londo... Empty Re: Invasion! Anor Londo...

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:38 pm

That quite possibly was your soul mate
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:09 pm

Awesome story! This is another example of why the Demon's Souls/Dark Souls community is great!
    JRoma
    JRoma

Post by JRoma Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:43 pm

It's impressive how honored are most of Darksouls players. Great story.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:22 pm

I wish I could meet people like that on DS. I get invaded and people just run in and attack or wait around the corner for me to run past. Never got one of those rare honorable kind. I remember trying to be a nice guy like them and I got rushed and killed in the middle of a bow. Another time I got invaded this guy like charged at me and stopped and just stood there and then I got a message and when I went to read it, it said fooled u and he killed me while I opened it.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:06 pm

i've had nice invaders show up before, i usually end up trading with them and one guy even co-oped with me for 3 bosses in a row! he gave me a lightning lucerne+4...
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Lucky
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Stuff like that makes me think that there's still salvation for this world.
    Ragnar0k

Post by Ragnar0k Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:01 pm

I'm pretty low level and I end up invading a lot in Undead Parish, the sewers, and places like that. I've wanted to drop items for a few people, but in general after the bows are over guys get down to business and there's no time to open up the menus like that. Since I'm full Dark Wraith on one of my characters I like to just leave an item in the path someone has to go and then Black Crystal out. They can be pleasantly surprised and never know I was there.

I won't pretend I'm 100% honorable 100% of the time. If you've got one or more Phantom helpers you'll never see me till I jump out of nowhere and try for the rush assassination.

I think the evilest thing I've done so far happened yesterday. I was in the Parish and noticed every monster was still alive inside and by the stairs outside. So I went around back to the big gate with the armored boar beyond and saw the boar there too with all those hollow soldiers. I hid by the gate level and just watched for a bit.

The player, all decked out in his thief armor, sniped the hollow soldier that normally drops the gate. This grabbed the boars attention, but the thief skillfully weaved passed and sprinted by. The archers started shooting at him but he juked around every bolt. The soldiers rushed in to stop him and he shook them out their shoes. The boar had turned around and was barreling down after him, but it wasn't going to make it. No one could stand in this guy's way!

And then I dropped the gate. He looked stunned as his exit cut off. My character walked slowly into his view and stared at him from the other side. He turned around with a boar, four soldiers, and a pair of archers all descending on him like starving piranha. He brought up his wooden shield at the last second. It was brutal. And quick. He didn't make it.

I kind of felt like a jerk.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 pm