Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Uchigatan assassin. Elemental OR Crystal Magic Weapon?

K4tz
    K4tz

Uchigatan assassin. Elemental OR Crystal Magic Weapon? Empty Uchigatan assassin. Elemental OR Crystal Magic Weapon?

Post by K4tz Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 am

Hello friends.
    I read about the Assassins of Vinheim player covenant, and I got inspired about their gameplay and rulesets, so I wanted to create an assassin type character to play around with.
    Since I love the uchigatana, I want to center my character around that weapon.
    I have a couple of questions that I want suggestions for!

A) I'm thinking of going relatively low Vit/End, with only 15 points in each, to keep my sLVL as low as possible. At what sLVL is "assassination" type gameplay recommended? At what sLVL will I be able to invade the most players, and still be able to play coop and so on? What sLVL do you recommend?

B) Since I want to keep a relatively low sLVL, I was thinking of stopping at around level 24 and going with elemental weapons, but then an idea struck me. What if I go 40 Dex and 40 Int, and use Crystal Magic Weapon? Will it yield higher damage than plain elemental weapons? Which leads me to C.

C) Exactly how does Crystal Magic Weapon actually work? Will it be benefitial to get 40 Int for it, or should I stay at 25 which is the required level for the spell?

These are the different templates I am pondering upon:
    Elemental-type
    Crystal Magic Weapon-type

I want your thoughts on the subject. ^^ I really don't want to go up to sLVL 75 with the crystal magic weapon type, will I be able to push down my intelligence further? tell me!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Uchigatan assassin. Elemental OR Crystal Magic Weapon? Empty Re: Uchigatan assassin. Elemental OR Crystal Magic Weapon?

Post by WyrmHero Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:30 am

A. It depends on the area you want to invade. You'll get most invasions at SL 120, but most guys will be duelists. So if you want to coop/invade questers check out the coop SLs of each area. I know that Painted World is good at SL 80.

B. CMW with a 40 dex Uchigatana will deal more damage than an elemental one at higher SLs.

C. I'm still wondering if it's better to leave CMW at 25 int, but it's obviouly better at 32 int, enought int to use the TCC.

Edit: Don't grief please, it's very annoying.
    K4tz
    K4tz

Uchigatan assassin. Elemental OR Crystal Magic Weapon? Empty Re: Uchigatan assassin. Elemental OR Crystal Magic Weapon?

Post by K4tz Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:37 am

As a reference, what IS griefing?
    I've tried invading a couple of times on another character, and I try to assassinate them in a "respectful" fashion, if there is such a way. I don't really stalk them until they're close to the zone boss and so on.
    I'm not really aiming for a duel-type of character, bowing before the fight and so on. If I wanted that, I'd aim for sLVL 120. happy
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:40 am

its a decent build but your vit is two low you say your an assasin but youll be dead in 2 hits of a decent weapon...

you wanna stay at a low build so you can invade more people but the only problem with that is youll eitha invade noobies or hardcore players if you level up to maybe 90 you can just hit the hardcore players and leave the noobies alone therefore not being classed as a griefer
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:46 am

Yes I understand. I'm also doing this with my Lifehunters, trying to find a good questing/coop SL at Painted World. Griefing stands for invading low SL players with high upgraded equipment to win easily against players who still have their main weapon and armor at base upgrade. Also these players have no other means to upgrade their weapons for defending against griefers.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:58 am

So if you want to stay at SL 30 you'll find lots of invasions at the Depths but most will be newbies with base weapons and armors. So if you want elemental or CMW, try SL 60~80, when most players already have the Lordvessel and your elemental/CMW Uchi is valid against those players.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:07 pm

As an Assassin of Vinhiem I'll lay some of it out.

Most of the Assassins run at least SL 70-80 Builds but you can change that up depending on where you want to invade.

As for INT its entirely dependent on whicj of the classes you want to be. They are as follows.

Darkstalker- Prime Focus- Melee Secondary- Weaker Magics

Requirements- Lowish Int 32-, Onehanded Swords

Spooks- Prime Focus- Strong Magic Secondary- Critical Strikes

Requirements- Must use a Dagger as weapon, Soul Spears and WDB exclusive to this class.

Trapmaster- Prime Focus- Jack of all Trades Secondary- Weaker Magics/Pyros

Requirements- Gravelord Servant. More stat freedom. Closer to Darkstalker. Cant use strong magics.

Vinhiem Scholars- Prime Focus- High Weapon Damage Secondary- Weaker Magics

Requirements- Path of the Dragon. Allowed to use Draggon body. Can use backup magic.

Thats what I know. Its reccommended you be a Darkwraith for Spook and Darkstalker.

Theres a list of Spells and Pyros that you are allowed to use for each class on the covenant wiki page so go there to find out about which class can use what.

Essentially Darkstalkers are the frontline magic swordsmen, spooks are the magic missiles, Trapmasters are a Jack of all Trades, and Scholars foucs of extreme Damage.

There are also weapon and armour restrictions to follow. In the end its a very restrictive syle of gameplay but very rewarding when you get it right. Ask me anything else or talk to Err for the word right from the assassins mouth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm