Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
RANT
Wisp
6 posters

What's the damage of Oolacile GMW + Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring + Crown of Dusk?

Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What's the damage of Oolacile GMW + Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring + Crown of Dusk? Empty What's the damage of Oolacile GMW + Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring + Crown of Dusk?

Post by Wisp Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:04 pm

The title is pretty self explanatory really. It's for my Murakumo build, which currently looks like this

http://tinyurl.com/749hdb9

So how much extra damage am I getting. Also, I'm using the Dingy Robe because of the high Magic defence, but do you think it might be worth changing to the Antiquated dress for another magic boost?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

What's the damage of Oolacile GMW + Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring + Crown of Dusk? Empty Re: What's the damage of Oolacile GMW + Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring + Crown of Dusk?

Post by RANT Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:18 pm

im not sure but the crown doesnt effect the ar of gmw, same with the ring unless youre wearing the one that makes magic last longer which is the one that works. the max mag adj is 180 though. blaine will know this, blaine?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

What's the damage of Oolacile GMW + Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring + Crown of Dusk? Empty Re: What's the damage of Oolacile GMW + Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring + Crown of Dusk?

Post by Rynn Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:36 pm

In actual combat, this usually translates to an additional 100 damage per blow.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Ok, so i don't get any boost from the ring or the crown. Is the extra 100 even worth it o.O? At SL120, how often will it make the difference between killing some in 3 hits as opposed to 4, for example.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Most people have 1375 or 1500 HP, the buff will efficiently be 1/15'th of their HP per hit. It's well worth it for many lighter weapons. Heavier weapons will get more out of Hidden Weapon. Nothing like a missing hitbox to *** your opponent up.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:44 pm

Well i'm using the murakumo mostly, AR 552. Estimated actual damage?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:48 pm

This is a rough estimate.
    552 AR... I used to two hand a weapon with 563, did 600 damage per blow. So raising to 705 damage = possibly 1410 damage total, rather then 1200. You might raise some of your fights down to the 2 hit kill zone... but I think you might get more out of Hidden Weapon under most cases.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:49 pm

oolacile cat is great for builds with low int. it has 180 magic adj which is really good for having 15 int. normally to get 180 magic adj with the sorcerers cat you would need 26-27int. i just made a low lvl mage for co op and was surprised how decent the dmg was for great soul arrow.the only downside is its stuck at 180 magic adj no matter what your int is.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:52 pm

@ Rynn, thanks buddy

@FPN, thanks for the response, but I don't think you actually looked at my build, nor answered my question
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:59 pm

should have stopped at 40 vit by the way and just stayed at 120 and put those two points left in att so you have 3 slots.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:02 pm

You are right, I wasn't thinking. =]
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:29 pm

RantFromRant wrote:im not sure but the crown doesnt effect the ar of gmw, same with the ring unless youre wearing the one that makes magic last longer which is the one that works. the max mag adj is 180 though. blaine will know this, blaine?
    That's right. You don't even need me anymore!

I like Rynn's suggestion, too. Hidden Weapon on a Murakumo would be very deadly. Especially if you can use dead-angles... You'd drive more than 1 opponent crazy doing that!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat May 05, 2012 10:56 am

i know this was kind of a while ago, but i was telling you that the oolacile cat is used for low level builds with very little int. Rynn answered your question so i was just telling you what the cat is useful for. personally i would not have 15 int on a 120 build just for gmw you would be better off using resins to buff imo. i do like the idea of hidden weapon but it doesnt work so well in duels only invasions where you can cast before they see your weapon.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sat May 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Lol this is the build i ruined by putting points into resistance instead of intelligence by mistake. SO it's going to turn into a forest hunter, aiming for SL225 ish.

Thanks though.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 pm

if your wacking in some more points maybe you should look at faith i know everyone does it but theres a reason for it DMB is too damn powerful to be ignored? just a suggestion buddy
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sat May 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Well I'm already planning to use WotG (it's an anti-ganking build) so i might put DMB in there. If i think I have time to cast it. Still, can't hurt to try.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat May 05, 2012 10:33 pm

yea From really had a lot of "faith" in dark souls. hurr hurr get it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:54 pm