Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
FruitPunchNinja
Carphil
Reaperfan
BLA1NE
GrEeNgObLiN
cloudyeki
Yukon
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
RANT
Rynn
14 posters

Rolling Attacks

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Rolling Attacks Empty Rolling Attacks

Post by Rynn Tue May 01, 2012 5:43 pm

Why aren't these used more often? Many of them are far faster and more damaging then any other move the player has, and they are often harder to parry, easier to dead angle with, and over all more scary.

I've been 2 handed rolling with my DGA and hitting people for 800-1200 damage per hit, usually right through their blocks. It's amazing how simple it is to land a rolling attack, and it's mind boggling that less people try them.

It's also mind boggling that people claim I'm so easy to parry, then never succeed at it...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Rolling Attacks Empty Re: Rolling Attacks

Post by RANT Tue May 01, 2012 5:51 pm

i think the best rolling attacks are the ones the large and great club have, 1h has that 360 arc and its hard to parry unless theyre really close to you, the 2h ground pound i think you cant parry and it hits for over 1k with slb, i love those things.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue May 01, 2012 5:54 pm

it can be parried but the timings funny and the penalty for screwing up is to high for most people to try for.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue May 01, 2012 5:56 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:it can be parried but the timings funny and the penalty for screwing up is to high for most people to try for.

have you ever done it? ive tried a lot and i only get partial parries. no one's ever parried me and they always regert for trying.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue May 01, 2012 5:56 pm

I get to predicatable in my attacking, because I am a lover of the rolling attacks, so I am really trying to cut back on them.

The rolling claw attack is very very VERY fun to do. But if I let myself go its all I end up doing all battle, because I just have so much run with rolling attacks. So, I guess you just haven't fought me Rynn, or you would be complaining about roll spamming haha.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue May 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Yukon wrote:I get to predicatable in my attacking, because I am a lover of the rolling attacks, so I am really trying to cut back on them.

The rolling claw attack is very very VERY fun to do. But if I let myself go its all I end up doing all battle, because I just have so much run with rolling attacks. So, I guess you just haven't fought me Rynn, or you would be complaining about roll spamming haha.

teh rolling attack of the claws are a pain to try to parry too, damn you funny animation.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 01, 2012 5:59 pm

RantFromRant wrote:i think the best rolling attacks are the ones the large and great club have, 1h has that 360 arc and its hard to parry unless theyre really close to you, the 2h ground pound i think you cant parry and it hits for over 1k with slb, i love those things.
    The Demons Great axe probably has the next best rolling attack, hitting 270 degree's.
    The only move you can't parry is jumping attacks.
    And Yukon, we'd have an epic rollout! I use my rolling attack for 85% of all attacks I do.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Rolling attacks are great if you've the stamina for it. I love them but heavy use of them because of the stamina drain.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue May 01, 2012 6:56 pm

I always use the claws. Im pretty good at it. Scythe and claws are my marks!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue May 01, 2012 7:10 pm

have you ever done it? ive tried a lot and i only get partial parries. no one's ever parried me and they always regert for trying.

i've not parried the 360 rolling attack but i have parried the two hand smash move, cause theres a good pause where you can time things out....
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue May 01, 2012 7:31 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:

i've not parried the 360 rolling attack but i have parried the two hand smash move, cause theres a good pause where you can time things out....

for me the 1h rolling attack is the easier one to parry, just get close. the ground pound is scary, maybe no one's parried me because i lock off when i do it, i aim it to their side, never directly at them so maybe that's why they can never land the parry.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue May 01, 2012 8:15 pm

makes sense as attacks are only parriable dead-on...
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue May 01, 2012 8:16 pm

People do use them a fair bit. Depends who you're playing against. Those looking to PvP will use the rolling attacks; PvE people usually use the move less often and just spam R1 instead.

About the parrying: depends on the weapon. I agree that the great axes are not the best idea to parry. Problem with those is not just the timing, but more importantly their swing arc, which can make it very easy for them to dead angle you unintentionally.

Other weapons, though, I feel very comfortable parring rolling attacks. In fact I love it, because most people get really predictable with them. Spears are especially easy to parry rolling attacks.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue May 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Really? I played Drs pretty long and in pvp there is no one wjo has ever succeed to parry my Great Scythe? Same goes for my claws
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue May 01, 2012 8:37 pm

I've only ever fought you a handful of times... The scythe I know you're very good at dead angling with, so I probably wouldn't parry that (also I remember it hits hard!), but I'd love to fight you with your claws and see if I can parry you. I know its rolling R1 does a double roll, which is a dead giveaway (and the second roll is a tighter, quicker one--different from a regular roll), I'd just need to figure out the precise timing.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue May 01, 2012 8:38 pm

BLA1NE wrote:People do use them a fair bit. Depends who you're playing against. Those looking to PvP will use the rolling attacks; PvE people usually use the move less often and just spam R1 instead.

Basically this. Though I find it funny people saying "rolling attack" when they're only really used by people who flip winking
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue May 01, 2012 8:42 pm

^Hey now that's not fair! I only use Ring of Favor and Wolf's Ring combo now, and a lot of other people on the forums don't use the DWGR either. silly
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue May 01, 2012 8:49 pm

People parry me so easily, I never spam any move, not even magic. Its odd, battle starts, we bow, I roll, roll, roll, attack and bam! they parry.

the worst thing is that I suck at parrying and so I can't have a revenge :|
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue May 01, 2012 8:51 pm

BLA1NE wrote:I've only ever fought you a handful of times... The scythe I know you're very good at dead angling with, so I probably wouldn't parry that (also I remember it hits hard!), but I'd love to fight you with your claws and see if I can parry you. I know its rolling R1 does a double roll, which is a dead giveaway (and the second roll is a tighter, quicker one--different from a regular roll), I'd just need to figure out the precise timing.

those claws are really trick to parry, but very doable ad like you saod you just gotta figure out the timing.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue May 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Carphil wrote:People parry me so easily, I never spam any move, not even magic. Its odd, battle starts, we bow, I roll, roll, roll, attack and bam! they parry.

the worst thing is that I suck at parrying and so I can't have a revenge :|
    lol you stop rolling, telegraphing your intent to attack! You need to vary your attack timing and distance. I can parry most people easily just by gauging their distance away from me, because I know they'll attack once I'm in range. If you get within range of your opponent, but then wait an extra split second before attacking, they'll miss their parry.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue May 01, 2012 9:13 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:People do use them a fair bit. Depends who you're playing against. Those looking to PvP will use the rolling attacks; PvE people usually use the move less often and just spam R1 instead.

Basically this. Though I find it funny people saying "rolling attack" when they're only really used by people who flip winking

for me it works better to fast roll attack with the clubs than the dwgr, you flip too far away from your opponent, fast roll+large/great club=win. for me at least.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue May 01, 2012 11:10 pm

i cant even think of the last fight i had where someone didnt do a rollingR1 at least once.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue May 01, 2012 11:14 pm

Scythe is pretty easy to parry because of its long charge up time. I mostly use light swords/Great swords/katanas. And i've ran into more than enough people that buff their great club and just spam the roll r1 lol and it hits HARD
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue May 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Great scythe is not easy to parry when your opponent is dead angling you with it. Only thing you can really do against that is backstabbing, but that's not allowed in FC.

As for the Great Club... yeah, it hits like a ton of bricks. Last time I fought someone using it he used Darkmoon Blade and Power Within... Well What is it Wasn't OP at all.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue May 01, 2012 11:40 pm

The r2 and r1 are easy enough but the running r1 catches me offguard

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:58 am