Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Mr. Tart
Lord of Ash
Myztyrio
Derpwraith
swordiris
TheBigLebowski
siegfried78
User
RaynexFall
Tolvo
ICEFANG
DoughGuy
Yesuurd
Serious_Much
Reaperfan
befowler
Whknight
JohnnyHarpoon
Carphil
Emergence
FexDS
Domhnall
Eliteknight
BARZOHD-
meridam99
29 posters

Reputation, how, what, why...

Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Reputation, how, what, why... - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation, how, what, why...

Post by Yesuurd Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:51 am

Emergence wrote:We have tried to tweak the parameters of the system, but have found it to be unchangeable. So it's not
    perfect, but in it's present state we still felt if useful to have as opposed to not. We can check how many (-) votes people issue so that is one way we ensure no one is spamming negative rep to be a troll.

I personally like to use it to call out anything of unique value, such as a lengthy, helpful, and well detailed answer to a question, a share of a nice find, or when someone has taken on an organizational/leadership role with a forum event or the wiki.

Yes I see most of you encouraging that behaviour alot which is very well founded, didn't know you could track whomever spams negative votes, that's good because that was something worrysome.
    Better to uplift the helpful user than focus only degrading the conflictive one, they will be their own undoing
    in time.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:26 pm

Emergence wrote:We have tried to tweak the parameters of the system, but have found it to be unchangeable. So it's not
    perfect, but in it's present state we still felt if useful to have as opposed to not. We can check how many (-) votes people issue so that is one way we ensure no one is spamming negative rep to be a troll.

I personally like to use it to call out anything of unique value, such as a lengthy, helpful, and well detailed answer to a question, a share of a nice find, or when someone has taken on an organizational/leadership role with a forum event or the wiki.

Pretty much what I rep up also, except with the inclusion of good humor.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:29 am

So I know Emergence hinted it at it possibly in another thread, but...does rep we get in the Off-topic section no longer count? I got uprepped just recently there and unless I was conveniently downrepped before I noticed my count didn't change :|
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:31 am

It hasnt counted in off topic for ages.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:01 pm

I have a question, I can't see any + or -, is that because my account is still new and I will receive the ability to up people after some time/some posts?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:36 pm

You need I think, 35 posts to rep people up or down. So in a little bit you'll see them.
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:46 pm

this topic was very helpful, as i tried reading the FAQ for the answer but did not find anything in there, is there anyway to put something about rep/points in the FAQ so people can easily go look it up there if there is no one online to answer their questions?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Shazam! And...IT will be done in the future, because I'm lazy and in a hospital!
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:11 pm

ooh thats gotta suck, wasn't yesterday your birthday? i think i saw your name on the list of birthdays... but seriously, ow... what happened?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Er, personal. Don't feel bad about asking or anything, it's just personal.
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:19 pm

alright, well still sucks being in a hospital... i hate em... never have felt safe around them, so i hope you can leave soon, for whatever reason.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:26 pm

His left *** cheek was removed by a conveyer belt going twenty miles an hour
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Acidic found out about this by beating on a wall in the catacombs whilst wearing the son's mask and wielding a lantern and a fire halberd after kneeling three times in front of it.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:01 pm

... I like that, you deserve a green... Although Jimmy may have to blow some dust off of that raggedy skirt you are wearing Fex. Be warned, you might freeze over

lol
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Trust me Acidic, if I've learned anything from anime, it is that women in short skirts will never get cold, be injured by demons, or find out their super human male friend is secretly in love with them.
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Tolvo wrote:Trust me Acidic, if I've learned anything from anime, it is that women in short skirts will never get cold, be injured by demons, or find out their super human male friend is secretly in love with them.

that is so true, but if you wear a jacket in an anime, normally you start to get cold.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:33 pm

Yeah, but at least if you get mortally wounded, just wrap some bandages around your open cavities, and you'll be healed in the next episode.
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:34 pm

or the next few episodes depending on how important you are to the main plot, and also don't forget that getting nicked in the side or somewhere else on the body will have heavy consequences when fighting your evil counterpart, but you'll be good to go by the time you get the end boss.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Fex went silent, this can not be good. Either she is upset, playing the drinking game, or Jimmy had with her...or all of the above
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:59 pm

I may have accidentally hit Jimmy with my lightning halberd a few times and he may be dead for this playthrough.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Well, I guess that means I have to find yolky again. God damn it!

RIP Jimmy, NG+ will be your new home
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:02 pm

well... it's not the worst thing you could do...
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:08 pm

Well, jimmy will have vengeance, I assure you. Me and yolky, as well as my skeletal midget comrades and skull lantern, will find her and consume her.

For Jimmy! :bas:

I must say that I would be the most cliche batman Villian of them all
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:52 pm

I have you beat..I would be the Pun-Isher.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Blarg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:40 pm