Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Best/Easiest Way to get a Good Picture of my Toon

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Best/Easiest Way to get a Good Picture of my Toon Empty Best/Easiest Way to get a Good Picture of my Toon

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon May 07, 2012 2:15 am

So, what is it? My Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle doesn't work with laptops, and I don't own a PC with USB 3.0 yet. My phone is an enV3 with a 3.0mega camera, so that's out of the window. But my family does own a 9mega camera. Would that work? Or is there ANY way to get someone else to capture a picture of my character without taking a picture of the monitor?

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Mon May 07, 2012 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Best/Easiest Way to get a Good Picture of my Toon Empty Re: Best/Easiest Way to get a Good Picture of my Toon

Post by Yukon Mon May 07, 2012 2:20 am

If you have a camera that can take rapid shot pictures that is typically a good way to go. The megapixle count isn't the best judge of a camera, but give it a shot. Look for a way to take pictures consantly as long as the shutter is held down if you want to do action pictures of you doing praise the sun or Joy

I use a Digital camera to take my roulette videos and any of the images I post in the lore section and they come out rather nice I think. Thing is I have a 27" tv, so its no problem for me to fit the whole screen into my camera scope and snap a pic.

Short of a capture device I don't think there is a way to take screenshots in game, well atleast not until the PC version is released.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Best/Easiest Way to get a Good Picture of my Toon Empty Re: Best/Easiest Way to get a Good Picture of my Toon

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon May 07, 2012 2:24 am

My family's camera is actually really nice. It's fairly old. Which means that when we got it, 9mega was AWESOME, and it also means it's not teeny tiny and the sensors aren't all SQUISHED together. The quality of the photos are good. We've got a lot of great photos of me playing baseball. It can take a non-blurry picture of me pitching, so I'm pretty sure it'll do fine. Though, my fastball WAS only a top of 55mph sad I could hit the outside corner like a BOSS though
    I'm just worried taking a picture of my character in my 21.5" Dell Monitor will look good =/ I just want an awesome bad[bleep] pose by a fire.

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Mon May 07, 2012 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon May 07, 2012 2:26 am

That should serve you better than okay, I was worried you were trying to take a picture of a 58" tv or something. It should work out fine, just fool around with the settings till you are pleased. And make sure you post it here.

EDIT: Oh and do it at night time to reduce glare from the sunlight of course.

Last edited by Yukon on Mon May 07, 2012 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon May 07, 2012 2:27 am

It will probably become my new avatar. I made this one years ago when I first started on photoshop. Not too impressive until you take into account I made the masks by hand on Illustrator. I'm a BOSS at Illustrator XD
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon May 07, 2012 2:29 am

That sounds cool, I can't wait to see it.

Illustrator makes me want to rip my hair out, you sir are a more patient person than I.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon May 07, 2012 2:32 am

Haha! I get ya. I started on illustrator about 5 years ago. I wanted something to help me CREATE, and photoshop isn't for that. It was very difficult to get really GOING, as in, it took me about 2 years to be good at it, since it took so much patience, and I didn't have any in middle school haha! But once I got more used to it, or maybe I was just simply out of middle school, I made this avatar in Photoshop with these masks.

I'll probably also edit my avatar in Photoshop to make it look cooler. I've taken a Photoshop College Class since I made this crappy avatar haha!

By the way, anyone want to buy an unused Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle for almost full price? I need to buy a freaking Haupauge. Haupauge aren't nearly as reliable for good quality recording, but gosh darn it are they easy to use.

EDIT: Illustrator takes crazy patience at first, (and my graphic design teacher has said this to beginners) but once you get used to it, you can do designs, that used to take you 2 hours, in 20 minutes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:42 am