Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Wow, bout time the innovation in this industry jumped--Soul Sacrifice

Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Wow, bout time the innovation in this industry jumped--Soul Sacrifice Empty Wow, bout time the innovation in this industry jumped--Soul Sacrifice

Post by Chaos Spectre Fri May 11, 2012 7:49 am

Dark Souls, Minecraft, Terraria, Dungeon Defenders, Tera, Guild Wars 2, From Dust, Demon's Souls, Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, and now, Soul Sacrifice.

These games are all different. We know the obvious Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. Minecraft and Terraria added a new level of custom creation and exploration. Dungeon Defenders was a co-op experience from an indie team with 14 people that satisfied so much in the way of a hybrid genre, especially tower defense. Tera was about attacking people over skill rotation and pulled it off in the MMO world. Guild Wars 2...too much to say, just a new level of MMO gaming unheard of. Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor mixes something borderline useless with something most gamers can't put down, mixing Kinect actions with controller control to give you a feel as if you are there, but your not. GRFS showed up in a shooter world filled with k/d and showed that k/d means nothing, but w/l means everything and teamwork is the only way to raise it. And now, the man of the show, Soul Sacrifice.

To start, here: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/10/keiji-inafune-explains-how-soul-sacrifice-is-played/

Some thought Soul Sacrifice was a Demon's Souls sequel, but not having a From Software name attached to it, I had low suspicion it was them. However, it was different, it definitely wasn't another lame shooter. After reading this article, its even better than I thought. Dark Souls was an emotion wrenching game, ripping anger, sadness, happiness, and victory, along with many others. It seems that Soul Sacrifice has the same interest. Every enemy is a human, destroyed by their decisions to become more powerful, becoming demons. Your character can do the same, but with every monster, you can sacrifice them for power, or give them salvation.

Just hearing that is interesting, and thinking that with each enemy I kill, I can decide whether they deserve salvation or destruction. If the game is hard, this can become something of brutal hardship. Harder games rip emotions better, and if that boss royally ticked me off, I'm going to sacrifice him/her, but in the same respect, that battle itself could tick me off, and I just want to give them salvation. Its like your god in a way. I'm sure this will tie into the storyline as well.

This also connects on a community level. With other friends, you dont decide to kill or save the creature, you have to decide together. Its majority rules, and the other players wont know each others votes it seems, but that may even tie more into something else. For example, maybe some convert, while others dont, creating a pvp boss battle, the salvation lovers fight the demons.

Either way, I like this, I'm getting it, the PS Vita has had an amazing lineup from the start and continues to improve, and honestly, I would love to get on this with the souls community to see what we can do together.

What do you guys think?

Tl;dr
    Innovation has grown a lot in the past few years. Soul Sacrifice is just another step in the right direction, and even maybe, another key in fixing this shooter infected industry.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Wow, bout time the innovation in this industry jumped--Soul Sacrifice Empty Re: Wow, bout time the innovation in this industry jumped--Soul Sacrifice

Post by ARSP Fri May 11, 2012 8:47 am

^ that is going on my to buy list
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Wow, bout time the innovation in this industry jumped--Soul Sacrifice Empty Re: Wow, bout time the innovation in this industry jumped--Soul Sacrifice

Post by Serious_Much Fri May 11, 2012 9:40 am

It's on PSVita so... what else do I need to say really? no thanks silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 11, 2012 9:46 am

I posted a link to the official site yesterday for this game. It'll be in my Vita ASAP if it comes to the states.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Fri May 11, 2012 10:35 am

Serious_Much wrote:It's on PSVita so... what else do I need to say really? no thanks silly

Not to sound negative at all, but you sound like kinda of a downer.

I say open your mind, let the world freely take over, and decide by experience what is good or bad. I liked the Vita actually, so I'm excited to see this.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri May 11, 2012 10:51 am

It's not I don't like the vita, it's like the psp except how it should have been in the first place with 2 analog sticks. It's just that I don't have it and don't think I'd play it enough to merit purchase.

But also, it's never gonna be that incredible since it's on a handheld, and they put in online features when it's a handheld game you play on the go... That makes no sense, unless it's gonna connect with 3G or something like that

Here's a bouncing smilie to look at: bounce
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 11, 2012 10:57 am

It can connect with 3g but they have that limited so far which stinks. Plus I can get free wifi all over the place and I'm in a very rural area so multiplayer on the go is feasible even for me. It sounds like I'm trying to sell ya the darn thing but really you know how much you'd likely use one or not. Mine isn't even primarily for travel (although it did keep me occupied when I went to get my wife's car inspected). I use it a lot if my daughter is sleeping since the PS3 clicking and erratic noise levels of most of my games will wake her up or if the tv is being used by my wife or daughter or stepdaughter. They need to update the browser, do the developer kit right and allow for a lot more independent stuff to shine and add some more apps like a kindle or ereader etc. and the usefulness will spike. Right now the games are about the best reason to get one although Netflix rocks on it.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri May 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Serious_Much wrote:It's on PSVita so... what else do I need to say really? no thanks silly

this.
    i would buy it if it came out on PS3/PC.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:48 am