Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
billy_bayonet
FruitPunchNinja
6 posters

Havel VS Smough

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Havel VS Smough  Empty Havel VS Smough

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat May 12, 2012 2:07 pm

YES! idk if people realize how fun this can be. i wish there was people willing to join in cause this could seriously be on of the more balanced ways to duel(imo). First you enroll a bandit and do nothing but lvl up str(50). Then you get either Havels or Smoughs gear.lets be honest it would be much easier and most likely keep it fun(not tedious) if you use bb glitch. Ok last you equip havels ring and rofap(you will have slow walk if not). surprisingly you can get two R1 attacks with base stamina.

Havel has less deff and dragon tooth does less dmg, but he has his amazingly good shield(which i have honestly never used before this) so its a little un even but not even by that much. This could be fixed by smough being allowed to lvl up vit and str(still requires 40str to 2h weapon) and also smough could afford to wear a ring besides rofap(cloranthy or steel protection most likely).

this is pretty damn fun and im already doing a playthrough with these stats and nothing in my inventory except havels and smoughs gear. it is fun as hell. I got the idea from epic name bros new ring guide video(he uses a low lvl smough) and i wanted to try fighting havel with smough gear at sl30 and it was really fun. if anything i suggest you try that. Sorry for all these weird/stupid idea posts lately im just trying to actually have some fun with the game winking
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Havel VS Smough  Empty Re: Havel VS Smough

Post by billy_bayonet Sat May 12, 2012 2:12 pm

you on ps3 ill take havel you be smough
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat May 12, 2012 2:14 pm

yea im actually in burg dueling people right now. all the low lvl vit builds think im sl120 lol. im surprised with such little health this could be viable but it kinda is. obviously anyone half decent at roll bs will own you but ehhhhh.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Havel's Shield is sooooo good. My most current PvP build is based around it and it's done nothing but impressed me. The other night I blocked 3 consecutive WoGs with no stun. Took about 1/3 of my health, and the tiniest sliver of stamina. That was it.

I also have a Smough build I'm working towards 120. Would accept that duel when I get there.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat May 12, 2012 2:18 pm

yea im aware of how great it is now. this might honestly need to be changed to sl30 with no shields to be more fair but then smough would have the advantage. i just did 5 duels in a row with the average low lvl elemental/vit builds and won all 5. this is so fun. as of now i dont have a smough build with the 40str and then added vit but i think that will even it out.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat May 12, 2012 2:21 pm

plastic im not talking about sl120 duels. i mean smough vs havel with both having the bare minimum stats to wear their gear. bandits with 50str and the rest of the stats base does it. sl40.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Yeah that excludes me then, at least at the moment. I think my Smough build is currently SL80ish
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 12, 2012 2:27 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:yea im aware of how great it is now. this might honestly need to be changed to sl30 with no shields to be more fair but then smough would have the advantage. i just did 5 duels in a row with the average low lvl elemental/vit builds and won all 5. this is so fun. as of now i dont have a smough build with the 40str and then added vit but i think that will even it out.

I don't think it gets the respect it deserves due to its heavy weight. Thing is you don't really need heavy armor/high poise to back it up. It's defenses and stability are so high that it hasn't been a problem for me at all. I regularly block consecutive heavy weapon hits with it and they don't cut through at all. In fact part of my strategy with that build is blocking heavy hits and countering with the leo ring.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat May 12, 2012 2:32 pm

im a straight up amazed at how viable this is at lvl 40......... if you plan your roll r1s right you wont even get backstabbed. i have won 6 fights in a row now.

edit: if i had 99 humanity i would have even more defense and this would be even more viable. this is crazy never would have thought this would work for pvp.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat May 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Now I want a Havel and Smough build...
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat May 12, 2012 5:20 pm

DO IT! bb glitch is clearly the best way to go about it. i know people look down on it, and its against the rules to talk about here(i will not go into detail of how it works). For stuff like this thats fun i dont see the harm. especially since 80-90% of the pvp community uses the glitch.

i am having so much fun on this playthrough. i have never fat rolled for a lot of the bosses and since i have such low hp i can see some of the end bosses being pretty challenging for me(still more about fun). this is the build im using. http://tinyurl.com/7tkhq2y you can swap out the gear. if people like this idea and dueling becomes popular i suggest doing havel build like the one above and smough like this http://tinyurl.com/89oq33t. you could add end to smough but i think half the fun is having base end.

stone knight,iron tarkus, and golem are also possible at sl40 and under. idk why i never checked but i just figured havel with all his gear(even including the rings) would be stuck with slow walk at such low lvls. smough is possible at as low as sl29. i think this might be my new fun thing to do. cosplay at low lvl as characters no one would think could be that lvl. the armor really does make up for the lack of hp. you do have to play smart though. well besides the first couple areas.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Sat May 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Sounds fun but I will never use glitches so going through Anor Londo with that kind of stats is gonna be a pain.

Has anyone tried to dead angle you? It will probably kill the Havel build in two hits. What about bleed? Has anyone tried bleeding you out?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat May 12, 2012 5:38 pm

yes. most people just tryed to go in for a backstab with an elemental rapier. My point is not that these are somehow great low lvl builds(although they are viable) its more for dueling others with the same kind of build. if you're careful you can kill most people trying to backstab,bleed,dead angle.they're still leaving themselves open. If you see them about to go in for a hit you can time it so you get them(and their attack wont budge you) while they can widdle you down if you get just 1-2 hits it usally will kill them. obviously most decent players can dodge your attacks, but a well timed unlock rolling R1 can do wonders.

i just figured out i can make a sl25 tarkus build......i think i might get on that.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun May 13, 2012 11:18 pm

So you have a Havel and a Smough? I wanna make one and duel you, just not sure which one to pick.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon May 14, 2012 12:39 am

what about a hybrid? havel head smough body and legs and then havel gauntlets with havel ring and rofap you could fat roll with it probably.... lessee...

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=230214983
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon May 14, 2012 2:45 pm

i have been having a lot of fun with this if you guys couldnt tell by my posts. I have a sl25 tarkus also. for smough you can make him sl30 and havel needs to be sl40 to use his shield. I am dumbfounded that i am able to compete with these builds seeing as i have base vit&end. i have yet to fight someone with the same build though which i think would be the most fun, cause its really not that hard to roll bs a fat roller with base end. i really wish more people saw the fun in this.......

Smough sl40 http://tinyurl.com/7n22y2h
    Havel sl40 http://tinyurl.com/89kb5mb

TARKUSSS sl25 http://tinyurl.com/7trqfpl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:37 am