Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
WorldSlayerPIKA
Serious_Much
Federally
FattyOfDoom
Ahhotep1
Jovias-86
Forum Pirate
Reaperfan
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Blazalin
BoilerFan8472
nsane32
ZikoLogiKa NL
ViralEnsign_
DxV04
SunlightCrusader
Medi_Pack
Shkar
billy_bayonet
TehInfamousAmos
DarkW17
Spurgun
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
28 posters

This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion - Page 31 Empty Re: This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:06 am

"Oh it was a fine clash. So much blood, so much death, I knew I was right in following Oscar. A man of such ambition could not sit in Astora for long. He needed glory, and defeating the east and Carim was not enough, not for him.
    I believe I shall stay with the knights for much longer. They may have lost and need to regroup but they will not allow this defeat to go unpunished. Oscar will beat the knights against the lifehunters until one or the other is all gone. I shall be simply a watcher by then though, I won't risk my life for a lost cause.
    For now the medicae is enough. The smell of this place arouses the senses and hides my need. And the more I bring back to life the more will bleed again."

Unattributed

Just a bit of foreboding to work into the knights lore. I have big plans for my knights.
    EDIT: Viral you may know what I'm talking about if you remember a conversation from ages back.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion - Page 31 Empty Re: This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:41 am

I'll wait to do anything until yours is posted so it doesn't conflict.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:53 am

I have posted the results of the war on the events page.
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Events
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:07 am

Oh god, I just realized.

With all the lore we've made, this could make a kickass movie. I would kill to see professional CGI of Aeter and Plagius facing off...

And why not, some after-war lore to tide any lore-hungry participants over til Viral stops feigning death happy

"Lifehunter's Log:

My attempts to learn of the Knight's future war plans have failed, albeit in a non-disastrous way. An ill-advised plan from the start, but once thought up I could not let those damned crow demons act superior and turn down one of MY plans! First they try to steal my ear collection, now they mock my plans!? They are on thin ice...

Any way, I believe I will reattempt my expionage tactic tomorrow. Perhaps a simple change in location would aid matters. It's not like those foolish Knights would ever expect me to disguise myself as one of their sleeping bags in the middle of the night! It's a foolproof plan!

- Plaggy <3"

Last edited by Shkar on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:08 am

Due to the large amount of lore we had for this I included a link in the wiki to this thread. So on your best behaviour everyone silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:57 am

I'd love for you to inform me what my 'best behaviour' is winking
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:36 pm

“Oscar placed his iron shod boot on the Hands’s head, pressing the man/woman’s face against the cold stone floor of Priscilla’s sactum.

“You have failed wyrm” he announced, his voice thick with loathing. With a swift kick Oscar pushed the toe of his boots into the fallen mans stomach, which doubled him up coughing blood, then with a final push, Oscar sent the Hand over the edge.

From behind him a scream tore at the air. Part beastial roar, like that of an ancient dragon come again, part human, a lamentation of grief for a lost son, as Priscilla saw he favoured child slip into the abyss.

Oscar spared a second to glance behind him at the assembled Dragon Slayers, their bronze plates an leonine helms glinted in the dim half light, they hefted spears, long hafts that would find purchase in the ground so that the massive tips could piece dragon scales.

They stood several meters behind him, some clutching at their ears, some had thrust the spear into the ground so as not to be brought low by the dirge, other stood at the ready unaffected and ready to do Oscars bidding.
    “Come my slayers, into the queen’s lair” he commanded and raised his own spear high over his head. The dragon slayers roared and charged after him into the open monastic ruin.

I meant to stay back of course, the fighting had been fierce and I was more often than not a liability on the field, though I had taken one of the abominations for my own with the bade Isaac had given me. He stood not five feet from me, his plate armour splendid, embossed ensign of the golden sun emblazoned on his chest. While I had seen knights fell their enemies by the dozen; I did not feel so proud of my kill, only a slight sadness when I had seen that the engorged body of the slain was a young woman.

“Stay close to me Farel” Isaac told me, wrenching my mind back into the present “This will be
    dangerous”.

I nodded and followed him, the 13 of us stood in the entrance to Priscilla’s lair, a round arena with a light covering of snow. The temperature here seemed colder than the rest of the world and I shivered despite Isaac’s warmth, though to my eyes no snow seemed to be able to fall into this enclose wing of the Painted Fortress. Here I knelt and scooped a handful of snow. It was freezing, not necessarily unpleasantly so but the crystals of ice seemed different here.

Sheer black pillars rose around the edge with branching ledges between them. The overall feel was one of an arena yet there was no blood, no broken weapons or armour, no monuments to the dead. No stolen treasures or living comforts. It was completely empty apart from her.

The painted queen stood well over twelve feet tall, she had the appearance of a human, smooth white skin like velvet and a hair of the purest white cascaded down her shoulders. Though despite his she was not human and to any many this was plain. She was far too beautiful for human eyes, and radiated a bright glow that caused me to look away in awe. Draconic eyebrows, a thin curvature of scales, rested above reptilian amber eyes which scanned the room as the knights approached, her body was covered ina gown of fine winter furs, if in fact they were a gown at all. And most predominant was a long furred tail that protruded from the base of her spine which curled around by her legs. She was most regal in appearance if I do say, and her face belied a calmness and careful understanding like none I have ever seen. Though when Oscar approached it twisted into a fierce mask of hatred.

She simply stood there, made no move to cut Oscar down ,scythe in her hands, waiting.

Oscar walked forward pointing his spear at her. “Today your corruption is removed from this world. Your hand is dead and your exiles being put to the flame. Now you while join them” His voice was sonourous, and echoes of the wall, condemming.

The she spoke, softly at first but her voice grew stronger with each word. “Your knights has’t defiled this place of peace, we wished for aught but to be removed from the world. Why have thou brought war? We suffered enough in the world beyond and for that thou woulds’t condemn my children to die by sword and fire? Where has’t the honor of knights since departed to?”

He word were gentle, and belied a weight t of sadness beyond what any of the knights could imagine. Some wept where they stood, others fell to their knees, and others, even Oscar, himself, felt ashamed.

However his duty compelled him to act, no guilt would stand in front of his duties to the people of Astora.

“You may be peaceful now but you have condemned yourselves with past crimes. You shelter murderers, anf fiends the like which my people have long suffered under. Your halls breed countless demons, mosters, and miscreants which may yet pose a danger for those outside the Veil. For the gods of anor londo and lost sentinels you will pay the ultimate price.”

Her face was now the mask of pure hate. A wild wind swept through the arena, kicking up snow, and white whirlwind began to form behind the knights, whose cries of dismay were drowned out by Priscilla’s heavy words.

“Thou condemn us for the lives of gods not your own? Thou condemn us because of the violence others brought upon us? You would’st condemn me for not being accepted by my own family, mine own mother and father, my children for their differences, and their own inability to adhere to your tenets? Villain I name thee Oscar, of Oscar’s blood, he who stood before me and accepted thus. And his son who could not, does this slaughter make you feel closer to him?”

Oscar stepped forth to meet her challenge, his armooujr clinked as chain links struck heavy Astoran plate.

“If you cannot be dissuaded your blood is on your own hands knights. You make great claims but many
    of your own have died today. Now you and those you have brought with you face the same fate.” Her curt reply.

She spun around twisting her scythe in a dance so fast that the eyes of mortals could scarcely keep up and the snow around her leapt up in a frenzied dance.

The snow grew thicker and thicker and the knights faded from my sight, lost in the swirling maelstrom which whipped against my exposed face with the intent to scour the skin from it,

Oscar leapt at her, striking with his spear but the snow dissipated and the Lifehuntress was gone an eerie laugh echoing amongst the pillars.

“Hold steady knights.” Isaac called out, rallying the Slayers. “She is a master of invisibility; watch the snow for her footprints!”

As soon as the words left his mouth a there was a shrill whistling in the air.

“MOVE!” Oscar screamed, but it was too late.

Knight Slayer Ammeren was cleft in twain by an ephemeral blade before he could so much as move, its hidden curve sliced through plate, leather, and flesh. A crimson rain descended upon the knights, who hurriedly formed a spear wall.

Next to fall was Ser Jacelyn who seem to have been picked up by the invisible assailant and thrown from the arena into gorge below, his screams echoed back up to my ears.

“Do not lash out blindly, work together to find her.” Ser Aeter this time, drawing from his years of experience in destroying Dragonspawn. “ We ought cleanse the air of this foul gale!”

“Aye” Isaac replied. He closed his eyes and muttered a few words
    before light exploded form his helm illuminating the area and driving the
    snow before his faithful aura.

Through all this I stood terrified, sword drawn but not moving, I did not know what to do. The knights moved about sweeping the area methodically.

I stayed close to Isaac but the snow made it hard to keep up.

A distance opened between us and I twisted around spotting Oscar. I moved towards him thinking it would be safe. But my movement gave me away.

“FAREL RUN!” the scream came across. I turned to see Ser Aeter staring behind me in horror. I
    twisted around to see Priscilla, now materialised, her scythe cutting a swathe straight for me. Time slowed, the farction of a second became like an eternity, and then a force hit me from the side followed by a grunt of pain.

I hit the ground covered in steaming blood. I looked up to see the queen above me, and now, how clearly I could see her face now falling back into obscurity.

II realised, then, that I was covered in the heavy slick of dark blood.

I glanced around, my vision blurring as the madness of the melee went on. Priscilla's scythe cut into the assembled knights, rending armour, and causing horrendous wounds, even on those who were barely touched by the dragon bone blades.

There was the sound of pained, labored breathing from next to me, and a I became acutely aware of a weight on my legs.

I glanced down and the sight chilled my blood, and still does to this day.

Ser Isaac lay on top of me, his plate mail and chain links torn asunder, blood pumping from a fist sized crater in his chesthis lifeblood spilling out onto the snow. Dark crimson on pure white".

When Aeter had cried out Oscar had acted on instinct.

A lightning spear in his hand, he threw it as Isaac saved me and was running before I hit the ground. It was only as Priscilla dodged his spear that he noticed her victim, his friend and partner grievously injured. I saw the rage in his eyes, the anger overtaking him. “Dragonspawn *****!” His battle cry.

His spear swept at Priscilla and the fight began.

The two battling with all their skill. Yet it was clear even to me who would win. While Oscar was but a mere human and terribly outclassed by her in terms of strength and speed his rage lent him what he lacked and he danced amongst Priscilla’s blows. The formed an exotic waltz, steel clashed with dragon bone, blood was drawn from beneath fur and armor alike, and still they fought on.

Bit by bit he drove her backwards under his onslaught, her scythe needing massive sweeps to wield effectively though Oscar’s furious jabs forced her into a defensive stance. Closer and closer he came to her neck.

Here it could be said was a turning point in the battle, perhaps. Here I felt the icy chill of death settle over the sanctum, and despite the heat of Isaac’s steaming blood I began to shiver.

A crow cawwed from on high, settled in one of the overhead catwalks, who was answered by another, and another, until the noise of battle was drowned out under a sea of screeching.

I was horrified. Crows were ever the harbinger of the Crow. Then i heard him speak, like a thousand needles, and a thousand death screams his mind invaded mine.

“Not today old friend” the ghostly whisper echoed across the battlefield. A shadow detached itself from a ledge and dropped down gracefully , one of its curved swords blocking Oscar’s spear.

Oscar stared in hatred at the figure “Avrik” he spat “So you “live”.

“Yes... I’m ever a friend to those destined to die. Friend Oscar!” came the sibilant hiss.

The duel began anew as Oscar fought the pair but even his skill was outmatched. Oscar ducked beneath a high blow which had been aimed to take his head off and countered with a thrust to where he knew Avrik’s heart would have been, it had been effective before. But the Hand of Nito pirouetted away with preternatural grace and struck again weaving between thrusts and sweeps attacking from all sides.

The dragonslayers stood in horror, unable to comprehend these events, but one knights moved to save Oscar. A flaming sword swept in forcing Avrik to slip away. Isaac, one hand holding his chest stepped in to backup Oscar, driving Avrik back injured as he was.

Even so the skeletal Gravelord danced away, unscathed by the knights long sword.

“Isaac?” Oscar’s exclaimation. “I had thought you dead my friend. How do you live?”

The Sunlit Knight swayed in place, threatening to fall to his knees at any second, blood continuing to pour down his chest. It was then Oscar must have seen it.

Isaac’s flesh was knitting itself together , slowly but surely the strands of flesh were reforming into an unblemished surface of skin. However the knight looked pale and I began to understand. Blood. Though he could repair his body to near enough perfect condition the knight could not begin to replace the quantity of blood his wound had cost him.

He stumbled, and Aeter caught him. “Oscar. By your leave I will take Isaac from here.”

The knight prince nodded uncertainly. It would be a great strain on him to lose such a good frend and powerful ally but Isaac was needed here fighting the half breed.

Knowing it was his duty Oscar stepped forwards once again to meet his foe, yet he had not move more than two steps when his spear met steel. It was neither Priscilla’s blade nor Avrik’s. And Oscar’s eyes widened in horror.”

An Excerpt from Farel Gharlens Retaking Lordran Part II

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Huzzah! Your not dead.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Oh the Melodrama! I love it so much, though for the wrong reasons silly
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Is there more to the lore? I would assume so as that doesn't seem conclusive for a story of defeat.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:55 pm

It cant afford to be conclusive. its hard to be an active covenant if you all got wiped out.
    then again we are hollows so its not as big a deal as it might be...
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:57 pm

dancash1808 wrote:It cant afford to be conclusive. its hard to be an active covenant if you all got wiped out.
    then again we are hollows so its not as big a deal as it might be...

What Sun meant was that the post didn't end in any kind of way that would be considered a "retreat" or any definite ending at all.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:58 pm

No its not all. theres still our desperate fight to escape after by the lifehunters counter atack.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:59 pm

lulz, I love how the entire bit depicting that will just be a completely defeated and humiliated oscar running scared for his life silly
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:03 pm

hey yuo wouldnt fair any better if you knew what Viral has in store! But its not entirely fearful running.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:08 pm

This is gonna get into Summa Theologica territory isn't it....
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:11 pm

DoughGuy wrote:hey yuo wouldnt fair any better if you knew what Viral has in store! But its not entirely fearful running.

True, there's a bit of pants-wetting involved.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:12 pm

sticky or wet?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:13 pm

Out comes the low brow.. silly
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:13 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:sticky or wet?
    yes
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm to assume myself and spur play a part? We wouldn't just let that happen, and each of us scored far and away above most everyone else...........
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:00 pm

I dont think points in the war has that much impact on the story. I do know you do a fair bt though Forum.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Fair bit of what? Writing? I try to hold back actually. Evidently I haven't done well, lol.

If you're story is already written I have to let you finish it before I write anything or it will conflict and thats rule #1 in writing imo, be consistent.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:33 pm

I meant Etraui has a fair bit to do in the lore. He's part of the lifehunter victory.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:35 pm

I have a feeling the person who stopped Oscar's Blade was Plagius by dint of already having his entire body filled with swords.

He's a rascal like that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:04 am