Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
billy_bayonet
PPG-3-
RANT
Baal-Avatar
Tolvo
Yesuurd
10 posters

To all my buddies!

Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

To all my buddies! Empty To all my buddies!

Post by Yesuurd Thu May 24, 2012 10:54 am

Sorry I have not been online much, I ordered Diablo 3 and have been hooked on it...with over 600hours on DKS....well you guys know but I will come back soon to kick butt!!!

Many regards to all of my friends here. Praise the Sun
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

To all my buddies! Empty Re: To all my buddies!

Post by Tolvo Thu May 24, 2012 10:59 am

And to think I thought you were too busy with work, and this is what you've been doing.

Look Skyward

I'll be awaiting your return old buddy ol' pal.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu May 24, 2012 11:51 am

Been long since we have spoken Tolvo!!! I will msg you on gmail soon, ahh btw I am getting alot of work also these days so I am happy about that, in fact I bought diablo
    because of it!

Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Thu May 24, 2012 11:53 am

lol! I hope you beat Diablo 3 quickly so you can be back in into DkS. I may have to pick it up as well. So many games out there but none satisfy like DkS. Sigh.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 24, 2012 12:04 pm

TRAITOR!!!.....you'll be back...they always come back.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Thu May 24, 2012 12:09 pm

add me Yessurd! ADD ME

Battle tag: PPG3#1345
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu May 24, 2012 12:18 pm

i knew we had lost you to D3!!!!! WHY WHY!!!!! damn you blizzard!!!!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 24, 2012 12:27 pm

if only i had a good enough computer to run D3, i would definately get it.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Thu May 24, 2012 12:29 pm

sadly i havent turned on my ps3 or played dark souls since d3 came out. it's the longest i've been away from dark souls. i feel.....dirty....but then some good loot drops and i start feeling better, hahaa.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu May 24, 2012 12:31 pm

meh you'll be back, they force you to make an online account even if you want to play single player and if their networks down you can't play at all even if you just wanted to do single player mode (which is what diablo was sortof about in the previous games...)
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Thu May 24, 2012 12:33 pm

this diablo is all about the multiplayer.

and amazing pic by the way.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu May 24, 2012 12:40 pm

i have no idea how the online works in d3 but... i worry that it'll develop some seriously bad community issues, though im a bit biased having grown up playing the first 2.... we'll see, those of you who do play could tell us how things are/ how the online works (pvp? potential for trolling of other players? etc)
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Thu May 24, 2012 12:46 pm

no pvp yet. its being released later on once its more refined. pvp, from what i've read, will be set in arenas with more controls in place to set up battles, free for all, 2v2, 1v3, etc... but details now may change once pvp is set up.

the online is really quick and convenient. you start your game in a private room and have the option of making it public, which allows ppl within level range and on the same quest to join randomly, or you can keep it private and just invite friends. once you log in, you'll see your friends playing right away and there will be quick join options or you can quickly chat, request an invite, or field invite requests. Very useful when you have lots of ppl playing at the same time and different games going on. very easy to jump in and out as well.

loot drops are also player specific, so opening a chest with randomly drop a specific loot for each person, so not everyone is scavaging every drop trying to get everything. which is a HUGE plus. what falls is yours only unless you decide to re-drop it, then its up for grabs.

with each player joining the difficulty goes up, noticeably i may add but at the same degree as difficulty jumps from normal to nightmare to hell to inferno. those jumps are ridiculous from my experience so far (currently only in nightmare mode).

i dont see how trolling would work as everything is really co-op based. like you cant initiate a boss fight unless everyone is on board. you can also vote to kick afk or annoying players as well.

hit me up for questions if you have them.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 24, 2012 12:59 pm

tha sounds awesom ppg, hopefully i will be getting a new pc soon, laptop is good but not for gaming. i love the whole random loot thing, awesome idea. damn now i wanna play it, i would either go with monk or barbarian.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Thu May 24, 2012 1:06 pm

monk looks really appealing rant. and i can see you as a barb easily, lol, dont know why, but i do!

the graphics are phenomenal but really not PC intensive. I built a pc and hooked it to my 42inch tv (and a 24inch tv as backup for when my woman has had enough and needs to watch tv but i need to keep playing, lol, headphones ON and im good to go). But anyways, pc wise, i could have built a MUCH cheaper machine, i think i've ranted on this before and D3 would have ran fine. Oh well, I got overly excited a dropped a lot of money, don't make the same mistake i made!

and fyi, when in a 4 player game in D3, fighting a boss or champions or big mobs, thats when the game looks absolutely gorgeous. check some youtube videos and tell me what you think.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 24, 2012 1:27 pm

PPG-3- wrote:monk looks really appealing rant. and i can see you as a barb easily, lol, dont know why, but i do!

the graphics are phenomenal but really not PC intensive. I built a pc and hooked it to my 42inch tv (and a 24inch tv as backup for when my woman has had enough and needs to watch tv but i need to keep playing, lol, headphones ON and im good to go). But anyways, pc wise, i could have built a MUCH cheaper machine, i think i've ranted on this before and D3 would have ran fine. Oh well, I got overly excited a dropped a lot of money, don't make the same mistake i made!

and fyi, when in a 4 player game in D3, fighting a boss or champions or big mobs, thats when the game looks absolutely gorgeous. check some youtube videos and tell me what you think.

awesome, i love big weapons so i would probably go with the barbarian since i always pick barbarian anyway, i love melee fighters adn im not really into magic. im gona checkthe videos and see if itll push me to buy the game.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu May 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Hahaha sorry guys had not read all this, I miss all of you I really do. I had engulfed myself in the game and I could not stop thinking of all the great friends I have made here you all know who you are, so I could not just leave a while without sending a message and I will come back...I wish you could all join me in D3 aswell as in DKS.

Let me take this opportunity to give my current evaluation of the game, since you all must have read the hype and reviews....I think coming from a fellow DKS player's perspective you will all be more confident in buying it or not.

The game is great, I am playing it with my cousin and I am still at lvl 16(max lvl 60) just begining the second act and there are 4 acts in total.You unlock difficulty levels when you win the game kind of like dks, some people have said it is too easy and short but I have been playing with a friend and still it has been very challenging at the easiest level.

The environments are amazing, the gear is great, the character I am using is the demon hunter and I still have 4 more characters to choose in further gameplay.Connectivity with
    friends is fast and easy, I won't go into it too much since you can read more about it.

The bad:

The network can disconnect at times and be very annoying but you all must have experienced this in DKS as I have many times, mostly since my router sometimes
    disconnects when powe fluctuates in my country.

You can't play offline.

Apple users, I have a 2.2ghz i7 with 8gb ram macbookpro...it runs the game with all
    settings at high and gives 20fps, if I turn shadows to medium I get 30fps...I have not
    ever had my machine slow down or give me choppy video.

My cousin has an old macbookpro and plays with settings at low, he says everything looks good and plays well so he also has no problems.

Hope it helps for you guys I will add ppg later and I will go duel you guys in DKS sometime
    in the next few days!

Prostration
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu May 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Hey Yesu! Missed you man. Come back soon.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Fri May 25, 2012 4:42 am

Since this has turned into a Diablo III thread it belongs in off topic I think.

Also Witch Doctor FTW. All together now: "Ooo eee, ooo ahh ahh..."
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri May 25, 2012 9:53 am

Well, I guess everyone got it right when they thought you'd have diablo.. Have a good one yesu we'll see you soon enough I'm sure winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:53 am