Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Spurgun
FexDS
Ieyfura
Maneater_Mildred
FusRoDah!
theAnimus
Emergence
Whintir
meridam99
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Uparkaam
LordRevan
JY4answer
berkut
JohnnyHarpoon
Big Ben
Whknight
Serious_Much
Reaperfan
Carphil
24 posters

Random Off-Topic

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Random Off-Topic - Page 26 Empty Re: Random Off-Topic

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:09 pm

berkut wrote:If you have to keep them since you were sixteen does that mean you need to keep your secondary education level ones as well? Not sure what point your at in your education by sixteen in Britain

yeah, 16 year old exams are secondary education the ones everyone has to take em, then 18 year old ones (the important ones)

it's only because the course im applying for is awkward at uni, so i presume they use it to wittle down candidates more.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:22 pm

That is likely it, what course are you going for?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Medicine so yeah, awkward as you can get in terms of how uni's handle it.

anyways. whats everyones view on.. umm.. politics?

does obama suck? I heard he was gonna get voted out.. also this video amuses me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx34h85-fmA

btw i have watched both videos in full so im not being douchey or anything, it's just an interesting observation.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:36 pm

If I could I would vote for Obama because he said to us: "Brazilians? They have money! Allow every brazilian to come for the US! Don't care who they are but they spend a lot of money!"
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:43 pm

yeah, to me the guy seems popular everywhere except in his own country amusingly.

then again iv heard the guys vying to go against him are beyond awful and are just idiots.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Is politics really a good idea? If there is a conversation that threatens to turn into a flame war, it is either religion, or politics :/
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:54 pm

berkut wrote:Is politics really a good idea? If there is a conversation that threatens to turn into a flame war, it is either religion, or politics :/

considering these are objective views from me and car as we're both outside of the US nah, no chance lol.

but would politics really turn into a flame war? is it really like that in america?

In britain people just go with whoever is most competent at the time..
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Not from the United States so it is hard to say, and I wasn't trying to imply that either of you had said something offensive, but in my experience, many individuals have deeply rooted political views that often results in debates that are more passionate than logical, which often turns into flaming, not saying it will here though
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Here in Brazil is all the same ****, you can vote whoever you want and they will do the same mistakes. For me voting its just another thing to waste time.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Carphil wrote:Here in Brazil is all the same ****, you can vote whoever you want and they will do the same mistakes. For me voting its just another thing to waste time.

agreed, british politics is hilarious that people think it makes much difference who's in power, a lot of stuff is inevitable, only a few extras here and there which if they are such bad ideas wont happen anyway, like whats happening here with rejection of health reforms.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:11 pm

I actually do not care about the future of the country as long as it stays like it is now, I mean I had a good childhood and I think if another guy was voted instead of who was, it would not change anything. I will tell this to my children: Do not care about politics, care about your own life and the life of your wife/husband. Not even all family because there are people in my family that I don't have Idea who they are, some of them may even use drugs. I consider my friends more family.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:13 pm

lol yeah, im probably gonna end up voting for monster raving looney party (yes that is not made up silly) or the party that will mean my jobs is better.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Still don't know about jobs, everyone say to me: You better be an Engineer, medic or Lawyer! But I just hate those 3. I wanted something that I could travel around the world with my girl. But the only thing close to this is International Trading lol
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Carphil wrote:Still don't know about jobs, everyone say to me: You better be an Engineer, medic or Lawyer! But I just hate those 3. I wanted something that I could travel around the world with my girl. But the only thing close to this is International Trading lol

LOL there is no job like that, the thing you just described is called holiday, or under extended circumstances retirement silly

You work so you can travel, not the other way around I'm afraid lol!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Actually from all I have searched, the only two ways (which I know) is sports, like in a team or something, or international trading,where you go to countries, your company pay the hotel and stuff, and you work for them, like doing merchandise, talking to important people, participating in business...
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:30 pm

flight attendant? or the millitary(navy?)?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:32 pm

I actually thought about military because I like these things but they told me that is dificult to find a good job after you leave it, I may still study to be pilot or something, but more like a hobby than real job
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Carphil wrote:Actually from all I have searched, the only two ways (which I know) is sports, like in a team or something, or international trading,where you go to countries, your company pay the hotel and stuff, and you work for them, like doing merchandise, talking to important people, participating in business...

okay the way that international business like that works is you can do that if A) you are a high level translator or B) You are high up in a company.

guaranteed you could get to that, but it would not be immediate. Just like my mum used to go to meetings that take place in south africa (were british meetings though lol) when she got high up in her profession. Made a holiday out of it silly
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Well thats very interesting. I know I will need patience but this is how life works, I just do not want to work 12 hours per day in the same crap routine in the same place for my entire life.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:39 pm

Carphil wrote:Still don't know about jobs, everyone say to me: You better be an Engineer, medic or Lawyer! But I just hate those 3. I wanted something that I could travel around the world with my girl. But the only thing close to this is International Trading lol

Journalism? Filmmaking? There are totally jobs that let you travel...just not necessarily to the places you actually want to go.

My one friend is majoring in Religion, specifically focusing on Islam, and while he does ultimately want to look at it from a journalistic perspective, his schooling gives him a wide range of knowledge and understanding regarding a topic that is extremely prevalent in the world today. He could go pretty much anywhere and have something to talk about (all throughout the States, much of the Middle East is open [including Israel], even all over Europe [he'd have a lot to learn and look at in France, for instance]).

Now, we'll see if he actually gets a job once he graduates...currently he delivers Pizzas. happy
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Coming from my background, some sciences can get you into things like that. There are many instances (and I mean many) where an individuals research is in a completely different location than their office work. So you may work in say Britain, where you test your samples and examine the data, but your field research would take place in say different regions of say Spain and Portugal.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:44 pm

I would glady accept a Pizza deliver job while I study, to help out my family before I find something better to do

and yes, I will do anything to not stay in the same place for too long, this is like on my blood, but finding a job that can offer a good salary and travels like I want its dificult. Good thing is I'm only sixteen I have plenty of time to think about it
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:44 pm

berkut wrote:Coming from my background, some sciences can get you into things like that. There are many instances (and I mean many) where an individuals research is in a completely different location than their office work. So you may work in say Britain, where you test your samples and examine the data, but your field research would take place in say different regions of say Spain and Portugal.

This is true but you wouldn't travel a lot, you'd be in one place for 5-10 years for a study and you would travel to other areas/countries to do a different study in a different team etc, but just to say scientific research seems to be an acquired interest silly
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:46 pm

I'd stay away from the Military...any fight that isn't for yourself and your beliefs isn't worth fighting in my book.

That's not to say that you couldn't believe in a particular military, though. Hell, I believe in the US' Military more than I believe in the PMC's that get used because politicians who make the decisions are the biggest shareholders in these companies.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:53 pm

I would preffer to learn to fight to defend myself and my future family, so people would see me as a person that can protect them, both physically and mentally

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:14 am