Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Spurgun
FexDS
Ieyfura
Maneater_Mildred
FusRoDah!
theAnimus
Emergence
Whintir
meridam99
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Uparkaam
LordRevan
JY4answer
berkut
JohnnyHarpoon
Big Ben
Whknight
Serious_Much
Reaperfan
Carphil
24 posters

Random Off-Topic

Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Random Off-Topic - Page 36 Empty Re: Random Off-Topic

Post by Reaperfan Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Serious_Much wrote:oh, hey reaper!

got bored fast of other things didn't you? silly

Honestly my backlog of games only consisted of Shadow of the Colossus and Sonic Generations. Other than that it was just me spending my Dark Souls playing time on more Final Fantasy XI and League of Legends lol happy

LordRevan wrote:Hey Reaper I dunno if you've seen it but if you have not I'm sure you'll like this =)

Haha now all we need is for Dark Souls to hit the PC like it was rumored a while back so the PC master race can start up the mods big grin

On Topic: Blue for me. No explanation as to why honestly, I just like it :|
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Grey. The dullest colour.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Red. Always will be, even coincidentally my school house colour silly (I *** dare someone to make a harry potter joke.)
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    Honestly my backlog of games only consisted of Shadow of the Colossus and Sonic Generations. Other than that it was just me spending my Dark Souls playing time on more Final Fantasy XI and League of Legends lol happy

On Topic: Blue for me. No explanation as to why honestly, I just like it :|

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait. You play FFXI?... Server and name there pal.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Whknight wrote:Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait. You play FFXI?... Server and name there pal.

Alexander server, Sayosayo. Tarutaru PUP as my main job (only level 64 with it though, book burns are boring as hell so I've stopped levelling for a while), and I'll also work with BLM when I get bored of PUP.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:10 pm

Ok so we don't even remotely know each other. At least you aren't doing the abyssea leech crap, I give you props for being a man, or woman... Telling gender can be hard sometimes.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Don't let the Fluttershy fool you, I'm a guy lol. And while I recognize the usefulness and speed of Abyssea, the process to get it started just seems so convoluted and annoying I haven't wanted to start it. I'd honestly rather solo XP to get skillups at the same time rather than spend a day in Abyssea and a day skill-upping against enemies I'm way too underskilled to take on :|
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Whknight wrote:Ok so we don't even remotely know each other. At least
    you aren't doing the abyssea leech crap, I give you props for being a
    man, or woman... Telling gender can be hard sometimes.

If you look at somebody's profile on here, they have the majority
    of the time specified their gender.

Reaper is chief brony 'round these parts, don't forget it.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:21 pm

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Reaper is chief brony 'round these parts, don't forget it.

Well there seem to be a few others that have showed up during my little break. I guess I was still the first though (or at least just the first to be open about it happy)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Reaper is chief brony 'round these parts, don't forget it.

Well there seem to be a few others that have showed up during my little break. I guess I was still the first though (or at least just the first to be open about it happy)

*first to be rub it in our face open about it* lol!
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Yeah do not do abyssea on PUP, the skilling will screw you. Other jobs it's a little more managable, melee is really easy to do though up to 80ish, magic is a little less annoying to maybe 75ish.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:42 pm

so.. new topic!

Who thinks Square Enix should start making Final Fantasies like they were before they decided Online would be a good idea, or that they thought button mashing X with occasional L1 thrown in would be a fun battle system?

I admit i enjoyed FFXII's battle system but seriously what the *** happened to turn based combat? that was the one.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:51 pm

Dude, you have no idea how much I want them to go back to the Squaresoft days where they made phenomenal games. Once they merged with Enix it's been mostly downhill for them. I can't remember exactly how much but there was big discussion how in the past few years they have been literally bleeding money due to their screw ups, FF14 being a huge flop, and the seemingly refusual to change their ways.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:51 pm

I've never really played any FF games.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Try any of them between 1-7, and 9. I'm not a fan of 7 but I've never played it, it at least does fit Squaresofts usual works. 8 I just can't look at straight anymore after reading some guys really well thought out essay, I've never touched it either but after reading that I don't want to and I question if Square actually did venture into that realm... why?

10 in my view is where FF starts to get wonky, and anything after that I do not even remotely consider true Final Fantasys. 11 and 14 are online and are claimed to be "the best representation of the Final Fantasy seires" but they quite messy now. 11 is slowly sinking and the community has gotten quite a bit cruel. 14 they decided to start charging people finally because they lost so much money due to a really bad release. It seems ok now but I still wouldn't touch it even if I was paid...
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:01 pm

I think they did something amazing with XII's combat. It was automatic but it still felt like you as a player were involved in some way with how you yourself set up the order of the automatic actions, as well as being able to manually insert commands. Honestly though, I feel if XIII had just gotten rid of the "Auto-battle" option the game would have been infinitely better.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Whknight wrote:Try any of them between 1-7, and 9. I'm not a fan of 7 but I've never played it, it at least does fit Squaresofts usual works. 8 I just can't look at straight anymore after reading some guys really well thought out essay, I've never touched it either but after reading that I don't want to and I question if Square actually did venture into that realm... why?

10 in my view is where FF starts to get wonky, and anything after that I do not even remotely consider true Final Fantasys. 11 and 14 are online and are claimed to be "the best representation of the Final Fantasy seires" but they quite messy now. 11 is slowly sinking and the community has gotten quite a bit cruel. 14 they decided to start charging people finally because they lost so much money due to a really bad release. It seems ok now but I still wouldn't touch it even if I was paid...

what's wrong with 8? It's my brother's favourite silly

also i actually liked X and X-2 genuinely my favourite world in the series, though the best ending goes to 9, just loved it cheers

i think when they merged the combat with exploring in XII was when it showed, i mean i think having that would have been a good idea, but they went the wrong way with it, letting you automate fights too much and only control 1 character at a time (while setting what others could do but still) was the thing that truly set them in their ways.

I just think the changing to such automated boring combat came from stepping into the online world, it distorted their idea of combat
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Apart of my problem is I perfer old school over the newer stuff. I have very strong views about the gaming industry that are not likely to change, I see alot of developers and publishers as being lazy and just putting stuff out to make a buck instead of putting something out with their heart and soul to see people happy.

That's generally why you see me rant when it comes to gaming, I feel betrayed now since I grew up on really awesome and powerful games that left you wanting more.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Or games that you played through multiple times because you loved them so much!

seriously, now it's a complement to a game if i ever finish it. (Hence why i didn't finish XIII, and i didn't play more than 5 mins on the XIII-2 demo, i got so mad that the battle system was the same i stopped playing it)
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:21 pm

I also should complain about the QA testing, I highly doubt anything like Skyrim or Fallout: NewVegas would have happened in the '90s. They usually made sure the product worked before sending it out, I think there were only a few times some really close calls happened but usually everything was perfect.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Whknight wrote:I also should complain about the QA testing, I highly doubt anything like Skyrim or Fallout: NewVegas would have happened in the '90s. They usually made sure the product worked before sending it out, I think there were only a few times some really close calls happened but usually everything was perfect.

okay im not gonna lie and i know it's excuse for being slack, but in a game you can play 200 hours without doing all of it, could you really test out all of the bugs? I mean they're at an unacceptable level but i'd take a few bugs in the game if it means it's awesome (like Dark Souls, and oblivion's bugs were funny too)

I just think back then games were simpler, everything could be tested and that's why there were no errors in them.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Perhaps, I don't know, I have easily put 100-200 hours into a few games before and found very few or no bugs at all. I've always chalked it up to rushing and not having a big enough QA.

I mean, if you were going to QA Skyrim, would you not make sure to have several dozen people on it to make sure you are covering everything? When you see the QA section on some games it's like 1-6 people, and I think it's usually been that many since the 90's but in this day and age of bigger games, more data, and not having good QA possibly throw your company into folding, you would think people would employ a bigger staffing for it.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:47 pm

I was never a FF fan, but
    Random Off-Topic - Page 36 Bushido_Blade_2_Coverart

That is all.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Whknight wrote:Try any of them between 1-7, and 9. I'm not a fan of 7 but I've never played it, it at least does fit Squaresofts usual works. 8 I just can't look at straight anymore after reading some guys really well thought out essay, I've never touched it either but after reading that I don't want to and I question if Square actually did venture into that realm... why?

hey, i like 8. and 10. i do miss turn based combat though. love strategy games. and fire emblem/ advanced wars are dieing off too sad
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:18 am

GUYS! We need a proper Dark Souls Fus Ro Dah video! This does not cut it one freaking bit. Anyone up for the challenge or should this be it's own thread to promote the idea?

Should we have a funny video thread also? I shouldn't have but I busted out laughing to this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Bain8uRkU&feature=related Yes I know Fus Ro Dah gets old after awhile, hence the thread proposal to have many different funny videos.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:31 am