Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
chaosrave
fearandwhiskey
Forum Pirate
Buggy Virus
FruitPunchNinja
RANT
WyrmHero
Leeroy_Jenkins
Carphil
Serious_Much
MsCherryBlossom
Tolvo
Delvanoc
Wisp
18 posters

Ganking: From the perspective of someone who doesn't duel

Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Ganking: From the perspective of someone who doesn't duel - Page 2 Empty Re: Ganking: From the perspective of someone who doesn't duel

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sat May 26, 2012 2:47 pm

Sorry I caught the fist part late and edited my post.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Ganking: From the perspective of someone who doesn't duel - Page 2 Empty Re: Ganking: From the perspective of someone who doesn't duel

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 2:48 pm

It's all good.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat May 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Yeah I agree with you Wisp. Also most players who gank suck at PvP. I was once invading at Anor Londo, I quickly run to the Painting Guardians church, and the gankers followed me. I stay at the small and long ledge that leads to the broken window. I began to cast Force, and both the phantom and the host panicked. The run back trying to get up to the ganking area, not knowing that once you drop on the ledge you can't go back. They both fell to their death, really funny and satisfying.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Well really it is logical for them to be worse. If you are a person who has to rely on a group to win, you aren't going to be as strong as a person who relies on just their self.

One is using an easier form to win, so they don't challenge themselves or have to really learn how to play.

So the person who does learn, is experienced, and has gained advanced knowledge will just be better. It's why one of the easiest ways to kill gankers is via a parry, most just mash R1 as a group. You're bound to get a parry off even if you aren't good at them.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sat May 26, 2012 3:05 pm

Most may be bad at the game, but not all. My friends and myself included have all platinum the game and beat it multiple times. We know how to fight if we need to, and we still like to group up and play together.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat May 26, 2012 4:08 pm

MsCherryBlossom wrote:Before people start saying lock the thread.

I PVE with friends a lot (we use XBL chat to talk even though were playing on PS3). Once we were heading towards the Iron Giant and we get an invader. Were still progressing in the level but we obviously have numbers, so we hide ourselves in the level in good positions using the host as bait. Once the invader gets in our range we Tempest/WOG him to death. And we all still get a hate mail of course from the immature gamer.

At the same time I been in positions where me and my friends have ganked other players. We as usual were in chat and was just enjoying ourselves playing the game while killing other players in the Burg. We had no reason to do it, but we had no reason not to do it. If one of us died we just left a summon sign again. Yes to the invader it's some BS but for us it was just friend playing the game together enjoying ourselves.

i really have no problem with gankers, poeple can do whatever they want as long as youre not hacking but to gank in a place like the burg where you know people use to have legit duels is not cool, why not do it in places that arent unofficial pvp spot? i hate poepl that do stuff like that.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sat May 26, 2012 4:51 pm

We don't just play at the Burg, we play anywhere we really feel like playing. I know people make unofficial PVP spots but were under no obligation to schedule around those spots. If we want to play there we will, regardless of it being peoples hotspot.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat May 26, 2012 5:46 pm

i dont mind people who 3vs1 although if they get really ****(well what is it gesture spam) i might send them a msg saying to "man up and 1vs1 me". overall though i look at it like this. From i think wanted the new players who werent good at pvp yet to be the host/friendly phantoms while the experienced players would be the ones invading. that was the demons souls formula, i think it got a bit confusing with the addition of the covenants honestly. now i think its basically the same, but once the new players become a little more experienced they can become darkmoon blades. i think that works great and its fair in my mind. its when people who have a decent amount of pvp experience 3vs1 that it starts to become a problem. technically those players should move onto being a darkmoon, but they like having their security blanket.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sat May 26, 2012 6:02 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:i dont mind people who 3vs1 although if they get really ****(well what is it gesture spam) i might send them a msg saying to "man up and 1vs1 me". overall though i look at it like this. From i think wanted the new players who werent good at pvp yet to be the host/friendly phantoms while the experienced players would be the ones invading. that was the demons souls formula, i think it got a bit confusing with the addition of the covenants honestly. now i think its basically the same, but once the new players become a little more experienced they can become darkmoon blades. i think that works great and its fair in my mind. its when people who have a decent amount of pvp experience 3vs1 that it starts to become a problem. technically those players should move onto being a darkmoon, but they like having their security blanket.

A friend of mine on PSN actually spoke to me about joining Darkmoon Cov since I play with friends so often on this game. That or with randoms a lot. I never actually tried the whole invading thing since it's not my thing.

In terms of your dislike to the well what is it gesture, I used to do that one all the time. (Maybe my most fav gesture) Im sure if I turned my privacy settings off I would have more messages because of it. But because I read of how much people dislike it here I resorted to dropping Prism stones instead.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sat May 26, 2012 6:38 pm

You can do whatever you like. It's your game and have fun with it. But please try to be considerate of other people's fun as well.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sat May 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Im sure my fun doesn't affect anyone unless they're a game fanatic that takes things way too serious.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 pm

If they enjoy 1-on-1 duels and don't enjoy being ganked, and they get lots of the latter and little of the former, they are not going to have fun. You don't have to be a fanatic to not enjoy fighting 3v1.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sat May 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Hmm, true I suppose. But i'll keep playing my game, i'll try considering your suggestion though.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat May 26, 2012 9:04 pm

I don't mind groups of players, it is when you actively host just invaders and you are waiting for a 3v1.

It's a waste of time.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Especially if you invade via Cracked Orbs.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sat May 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Which is why PVP with your "honor" duels should be only done by RSS in my opinion. When im in a group we don't touch them, only let the invaders come to us.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Most of us don't use RSS because it will cause us to spawn right where the gankers will be waiting. That's why I invade, so I can choose where I spawn from.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sat May 26, 2012 9:09 pm

@MsCherry:

At the end of the day it's your game and you can play how you want. However, invading looking for duels and getting ganked on sight, feels much the same as trying to beat a boss only to get invaded by someone with a completely overpowered character who kills you before you get to the fog gate, except it happens over and over again.

Having said that, I'm not one for hating on ganking, just stay out of my undead burg winking And thanks for actually considering what people say happy
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sat May 26, 2012 9:14 pm

@Tolvo well IDK what to say for you, we know people duel so we don't touch the RSS signs since we figure people use them to duel. But that is a good point about using them to gank a player as well.

@Wisp like I said we normally just play wherever we all agree to go play at. It's never a set destination. And I always somewhat consider what others say unless regardless of how much sarcasm may seem in my posts. I only disregard it if its something ridiculous.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat May 26, 2012 9:18 pm

tolvo quit doing that. thats 4 times now that you've posted the same thing as I was going to, 30 seconds earlier
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 9:20 pm

When gankers see that they typically take is as a sign of a free kill. You can still survive such spawn ganks but you really need to have your sign out in the open, and have a high survivability/mobility build, otherwise you're more than likely dead.

Sometimes we think too much alike Forum, and other times I'm busy talking about the finer points of kissing men.
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Sat May 26, 2012 9:49 pm

I love kissing men.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 9:50 pm

It seems like sometimes fear and I think alike as well.
    chaosrave
    chaosrave
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaosrave Mon May 28, 2012 8:56 am

see the definition of ganking is someone who enjoys waiting for invaders and then double teaming them... this is different than someone pveing and then double teaming an invader... the whole concept is in the word ganking itself
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 28, 2012 1:04 pm

While that's still technically ganking, so far it seems no one has any issue with people doing it while they are just going for a boss or doing something PvE involved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:06 am