Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
dancash1808
Ecko
6 posters

Dexterity is already at 40. What next?

Ecko
    Ecko
    Regular
    Regular

Dexterity is already at 40. What next? Empty Dexterity is already at 40. What next?

Post by Ecko Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:20 pm

I'll try to keep this simple. I'm doing a dexterity/faith build. Focused on the essentials like endurance and vitality first, then got my dexterity to 40 and now I'm working on upgrading my faith. I don't know exactly how far I'm upgrading my faith (It's currently at 16 and I'll be going to at least 30).

When I'm done with that I have two choices, keep upgrading dexterity for extra melee damage despite the diminished returns or upgrade strength more despite the fact all of my weapons scale better for dex than they do str?

Which do you guys recommend?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dexterity is already at 40. What next? Empty Re: Dexterity is already at 40. What next?

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:21 pm

well, strength below 40 will scale better than dex above almost always.
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/ drop your characters current stats in here. and then you add a point to see what changes silly
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Dexterity is already at 40. What next? Empty Re: Dexterity is already at 40. What next?

Post by RANT Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:25 pm

keep dex at forrty and get faith either at 30 or 50, no in between. 30 for buffing and 50 fpr miracles and buffing.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:44 am

Depends on what your character will specialize in, if your END VIT and DEX are all at 40 and you're planning on getting Faith to 30, then that's a solid character build right there, you could maybe pour a few points into Strength to equip larger weapons, or Attunement so you can use more miracles.

Cheers.
    Booshka

Post by Booshka Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:50 am

Put your points in Vit/End, or Faith to make your buff stronger. You will get a lot more damage out of your buffed weapon if you upgrade your faith above 30 as opposed to your dex above 40. Also, 2H strength scaling gets really bad after 27, so that is the max you want to take that in my opinion. Depending on your weapon, the 1H minimum req for Strength will be good enough. Most dex weapons have terrible or no Strength scaling.
    Ecko
    Ecko
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ecko Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:04 am

From what you guys are saying (And especially from that link Dancash gave) it seems it depends more on what weapon I'm using than just a general rule of thumb. For ALL of them it looks like dex past 40 just wouldn't be worth it at all. For about half of the weapons I like to use increasing str would make the damage go up quite a lot but the other half it would be about the same as increasing dex past 40. I guess I'll focus more on attunement, faith, and a little more vitality and forget about str or dex for now.

Thanks guys.
    Sparda
    Sparda
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sparda Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:16 am

I know you weren't asking for a weapon, but the Dragonslayer Spear is definitely right up your alley!
    Ecko
    Ecko
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ecko Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:21 am

Sparda wrote:I know you weren't asking for a weapon, but the Dragonslayer Spear is definitely right up your alley!
    Thanks, but I already got it (As well as like 10 other weapons that I'm in the process of upgrading. I like to switch it up every once in a while) ;D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:45 pm