Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Hahalo
Serious_Much
Ghadis_God
GkMrBane
xenosphere
Buggy Virus
SpecOps0
Carphil
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
RANT
dancash1808
robsthedon
WyrmHero
TehInfamousAmos
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
bloodpixel
JoeBroski09
AHS DaNiTh
Ecko
23 posters

What's your favorite boss in Dark Souls?

Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

What's your favorite boss in Dark Souls? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favorite boss in Dark Souls?

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm pretty sure you can't hit Nito from behind. (in response to a post earier) My Divine Zwei +10 missed completely whenever i aimed at his cloak, I had to go to the front.

OT: I like Sif, especially the challenge of fighting him without magic or a shield, but my favorite is the 4 Kings. i like the idea of dropping down into the endless abyss to seek out an ancient evil, and they look really, really cool. The fight also keeps me on my toes no matter what playthrough it is, since they can be pretty unpredictable and kill you fast if you mess up.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

What's your favorite boss in Dark Souls? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favorite boss in Dark Souls?

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:13 pm

Let's see... By design the Capra Demon boss fight I think is brilliant, the boss itself is simple but then the very small environment and adding factor of the two dogs just makes it a much more interesting challenge for a new player.

By enjoyment.. Let's see... I've always enjoyed Gwyn. If you don't parry him, his fight is awesome I think but most take the easier way out.
    Ecko
    Ecko
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ecko Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:32 pm

Oh the irony. The very day after I made this thread I wen't and fought the Iron Golem. The boss that I referred to in the OP as being the easiest one in the game. And on that day, for the first time ever, he successfully killed me. I "dodged" one of his attacks and sent my character flying off of the fighting arena. :/

Anyway, a little update. As you all reminded me, I really like the fight against Gwyn. I never actually knew you could parry his attacks until the third time I fought him, lol, and have never bothered trying. I also really like Quelaag. Not just for the fight, which is undoubtedly fun, but also because she is a very cool looking boss imo and the best representation of Dark Souls' idea of "sexy."
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Hmm if I must choose, I like the T-Rex at the lava place.. they ain't no boss.. but they did give a really nasty memory..

Demon's Souls Flame Lurker, Man Eater, and that Iron Knight at 1-2 is by far the most deep impression in boss fight.

I'm sorry Dark Souls Bosses!
    evilinvader
    evilinvader

Post by evilinvader Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:15 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Gravelord Nito. I love his miasma of death AoE attack. And the music fits him so good. I wish he was harder.
    So true!!! it's also my favorite.

But Sif comes close second!
    Owl
    Owl
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Owl Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Oh man, I adore the O&S fight. It will always stick out in my mind as the best fight in Dark Souls.

The build up on your first play through is just epic. You've just reached Anor Londo from Sen's Fortress. It's sunny and the architecture is beautiful in a way unlike any other area in the game. Giant knights greet you with halberds and massive shields and you can't help but notice the conspicuously ominous statues of two individuals who have to be revered heroes from ages past...

You make your way across this pristine cathedral-esque landscape whilst battling spear wielding demons and regal knights. When you finally reach the main chamber, you behold white fog covering an entrance larger than anything you've encountered thus far.

With fear and trepidation, you traverse the white fog, triggering a cutscene. You see a rotund giant holding a strangely graceful looking hammer and he seems incredibly familiar...

Then in an instant your fear doubles as you remember where you've seen this person before...and the terrible realization hits you that a Lion-headed knight with an enormous spear won't be far behind...

Last edited by Owl on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:42 pm

^I didn't see the statues since I tend to play focused on enemies and not the scenery. Sadly. :| I wish I had. The first time I played at release, before my "break," the atmosphere just forced me to stop every few hours since it was just so pressuring at all times and always so bleak. When I came back, I was co-oping with a friend, so it was fine, but I stopped looking at the scenery.

I have just started looking again, and I'm feeling pressure again haha! Such an amazing game.
    FrEyes
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FrEyes Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:58 pm

T4Ks *trollface*
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Pinwheel! bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:05 am