Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
DamageCK
JoeBroski09
WyrmHero
Buggy Virus
Delvanoc
9 posters

if only...

Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

if only... Empty if only...

Post by Delvanoc Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:05 pm

One of my wishes for all connection games like dark souls... I wish that their crappy internet only effected what they see and not me. Why must I suffer when I pay good money for a good connection? Blah, blah, blah... rant, ***** and moan.
    *sigh*
    Sorry, had to express my anguish somewhere.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

if only... Empty Re: if only...

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:25 pm

It actually doesn't effect the host. Although it affects what you see, which are different things, but altogether silly.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:15 pm

I hope they find a way fix this too.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:14 pm

Internet is a very tricky case. With varying download speeds and upload speeds, the only way to make things accurate is for the game to predict where you're going to be.

CoD will actually predict you running as you're running, so when it lags, it's accurate. This is how you can get shot as you strafe around a corner. The game thinks you're going to keep going out, and then you strafe back, but the enemy still hits you anyway. They see the lag, you see the lag. There's lag.

The only way to fix this? LAN. Unless you want From to focus a BUNCH on connection. That's almost ALL of what CoD developers focus on. Granted, they're kinda sucky companies, but still. They're failing.

I guess this will all get fixed when scientists discover magic. :3
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:32 am

Hit detection in MW2 was near flawless. Blops and MW3 blow in that respect though. How do you screw up something you already had right?
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:52 am

Mind blowing considering its a rehash of the same game over and over again.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:03 am

Delvanoc wrote:Mind blowing considering its a rehash of the same game over and over again.
    Indeed, even though I love the CoD Series, my biggest wish is that they'd slow the *** down and maybe release one every 2 years instead of every year, just imagine what they could do with that extra year of development time, they'd possibly be able to innovate =O

MW2 was the best in the series in my opinion, yes there was imbalance in the form of the 1887's and the UMP-45, but compared to the other games in the series it was perfectly balanced.,,,and the maps? Perfect, just perfect....

I miss late night MW2 with my mates....and Blops and MW3 were crap, I have little faith in Blops 2...but I suppose it stands a better chance of impressing me than MW3 did.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:27 am

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:
    Delvanoc wrote:Mind blowing considering its a rehash of the same game over and over again.
    Indeed, even though I love the CoD Series, my biggest wish is that they'd slow the *** down and maybe release one every 2 years instead of every year, just imagine what they could do with that extra year of development time, they'd possibly be able to innovate =O

MW2 was the best in the series in my opinion, yes there was imbalance in the form of the 1887's and the UMP-45, but compared to the other games in the series it was perfectly balanced.,,,and the maps? Perfect, just perfect....

I miss late night MW2 with my mates....and Blops and MW3 were crap, I have little faith in Blops 2...but I suppose it stands a better chance of impressing me than MW3 did.
    I raged SO hard at mw2. It'll always have my memories as it was my first CoD, but... man. "Some imbalances" that game was broken for me. I'm sorry, but by the summer, I was playing minecraft with everyone else on the CoD youtube community. OMA, Danger Close, noob toobs= end-game. It was just so horrible. Only thing that may have been ok was S&D and Free For all, as those two types of games are rarely ruined.

BO as just amazing team design. Dom and S&D were the best out of all the 3 CoD's I've played. So awesome. I just knew everything about every map and all the callouts. It was like having a good team who knew what they were doing was actually rewarding.

Oh, and the hit detection in MW2 was just as bad as all 3. I think the hit detection in BO was the overall best due to the fact that it was slower pace. And strafing was ACTUALLY an option. I mean, in MW2 and MW3, the only thing that helps you kill the other guy faster is seeing him first and drop shotting. Seeing as my internet is on the extremely low side, I can't really SEE them first a lot. I'll come around corners prefiring and still lose in MW3. I'll do everything right in MW3, and just lose. MW2 wasn't so bad in S&D and FFA, but that's because those are the slowest pace game-types, so I could actually use my brain to outsmart the other players, and out listen and out play them and everything.

Only thing negative in BO was the sound. Wasn't as rewarding to use a headset, but I still love the fact that it was EXTREMELY team oriented, and I'm a team kinda guy. I'll always be the healer in a group RPG, and I'll always be the objective player in a FPS. That's just who I am, and playing with randoms sucked in all CoD's, but playing with a good team in MW2 and 3 just meant you'd have to have players with good connections and gun skills. Not knowledge and expertise.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:12 am

CoD 4 had the most balance in my opinion. I think having a poopy connection blew your hit detection 'cause MW2 was spot on for most people. But noob tubes did break the game. Best thing Blops did was include caps and plants in objective gametypes. I don't care if you've got a 5.00 KD, if you don't cap flags get the *** off my team.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:13 am

Just realized I got downrepped for my original comment on MW2 hit detection. Ridiculous.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:51 am

DamageCK wrote:How do you screw up something you already had right?

Spot on dude! Spot on.
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:18 am

DamageCK wrote:Just realized I got downrepped for my original comment on MW2 hit detection. Ridiculous.
    Yeah, and I got downrepped for my original post. I'm not sure why people did either.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:29 am

Some guy is going around randomly down repping. I was a target, now he's just going for everyone. I'll up rep both of you guys.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:41 am

Gentleman and scholar.
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 am

Much appreciated.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:24 pm

What's with the reputation, is it so important? People can just rep u down for nothing or rep u up for nothing too lol.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:26 pm

I dont rep up for nothing nor do i rep down for nothing. Its not important, but meaningless down reps are just annoying and bad for the community. Same for up reps. No one should up rep just cause. It should be for some reason, not because u randomly chose them.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:28 pm

i have to admit this is turning me off from online gaming. it certainly feels like the games that require the best connections to be played accurately are the ones that you run into the most players lagging. example, i dont think anyone uses a lag switch or lag software when playing a racing game. i personally think the next gen consoles should require a certain connection speed in order to play online. if you cant afford vios or better you just shouldnt be able to play online with others. that may seem unfair to some, but i completely disagree.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Mw3 sometimes got it right for me by doing lag compensation. Everyone in my lobby had just as bad internet as me. Plus, its not about income. I live in the country, and i f...reaking hate even thinking about living in a crowded city. I want to be able to walk outside and smell trees and hear birds and not smog and fast food, and i want to play my video games. There is no better provider where i live. Next step up is fibre optic.... anyway, servers would fix the lag issue. Youd see the server before they did. Problem solved for u.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:55 pm

yea that would be harsh. thats why they dont do it, it would take a giant chunk out of the online gaming community. what if they gave you an option when you logged into psn/xbl where you choose what connection speed you have(or it just recognizes) and you could either choose to play with anyone or just others with your quality connection speed. i think that might help.

then again i dont know **** about how this stuff works silly
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Server, man. A good server fixes it all.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:26 pm

idk you are probably right, but demons souls had its on server and there was still lag. that might have been partially due to the hit boxes or hit detection though. they seemed to improve that a lot in dark souls.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:03 pm

If they focus on connection, and they have a server, it'll be great. Plus, PC's help a lot.. I believe. I know TF2 REALLY got it right. Especially since there were many servers and you could connect to the closest one. If From for some reason allowed open servers for clans to create (I think it'd mainly be the player made covenants doing this) the servers still wouldn't be as good because these clans in TF2 are HUGE. Giant. And they get support from "premium" members who then get a spot no matter what in the server. So, when it's full, some free guy gets kicked for a guy who pays. But that's life. But From wouldn't do that, and there isn't as big of a widespread community for servers to be close.

PS: there are servers in almost every single major city, and a lot in minor cities. There is a server for a city 45 minutes from me on TF2 that is my favorite map. My buddy and I played that thing SO much. I'm surprised we quit playing that for Dark Souls.
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:09 pm

I am retaining hope that with the next souls game that they implement some type of server hosting. Even if it was a couple solid servers, atleast it would be a steady lag you could get used to if the servers were in japan and I was here in the states.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:15 pm

They would most likely have a western server and an eastern server. hopefully.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:29 am