Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
befowler
Serious_Much
Buggy Virus
7 posters

Anor Londo Invaders

Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Anor Londo Invaders Empty Anor Londo Invaders

Post by Buggy Virus Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:46 pm

So I've never really gone through Anor Londo at the expected level before while human. But recently I started a co-op run with my friend, and I was surprised how at Anor Londo there is just constant stream of invaders.

And none of them are even darkwraiths, I only saw one DW the entire time, but through the entire experience I was always invaded.

It was such a problem that once I got by the silver knights I couldn't use the bonfire because I got invaded while opening the door to the bonfire room, and I couldn't find the invader so I ended up dieing and having to get by the archers all over again.

But the most striking part of all these invaders, is how terrible they are. All of them were so easily defeated. It got to the point where even during PvE with my friend if we got invaded one of us would peel off and go back to where the invader came from and deal with him alone while the other continued to progress.

What's wrong with this place?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Anor Londo Invaders Empty Re: Anor Londo Invaders

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Anor londo is probably the most popular place for invaders in the game (I mean random invasions obviously) but are they that bad? Some can be quite good but I agree many invaders.. just invaders in general are fairly underwhelming. If you protect yourself from BS then most of them have very little to offer in terms of resistance.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:02 pm

I love cooping in Anor Londo. Very few of the invaders will straight up fight, most will set a series of ambushes, hide behind the titanite demon, or park up in the rafters or near the archers and use a DSB. And I agree about the quality of opponents, there are a couple of impressive backstab artists but most just flail around. I am not a great PvPer, but it has gotten to the point where I have to bring repair powder with me to fix my balder side sword, because I die so rarely I never end up back at a bonfire to repair it.

At the same time, a surprising number of hosts are truly awful at PvP and/or are noobs that are unfamiliar with the area, so trying to keep them alive is the real challenge. I'll kill a bunch of invaders, and then the host will fall off a ledge or walk backwards into a silver knight backstab or something.

Anyway, I have a sl58 guy in there if anyone ever wants help on a run. big grin
    OcelotRigz
    OcelotRigz

Post by OcelotRigz Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:00 pm

I was stuck in this place the other day for the whole day.
    I just couldn't get by the Archers by myself, so i would wait around for a summon sign to appear but i just kept getting invaded over and over, nearly always before i had the chance to summon anyone. Also it doesnt help that im terrible at PvP.
    Luckily i finally summoned a guy who just flew through the level with me, killed the one invader with ease,(as i hid like a little girl), and finally defeat the bosses.

One little trick i found out the other day is having your White Soapstone in your item slot, if it goes dark then you're being invaded so you have about 20/30 secs to quit and reload. I dont know how this is viewed by the community, if it is seen as cowardly then i will hold my hands up and admit my cowardly nature.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:07 pm

OcelotRigz wrote:I was stuck in this place the other day for the whole day.
    I just couldn't get by the Archers by myself, so i would wait around for a summon sign to appear but i just kept getting invaded over and over, nearly always before i had the chance to summon anyone. Also it doesnt help that im terrible at PvP.
    Luckily i finally summoned a guy who just flew through the level with me, killed the one invader with ease,(as i hid like a little girl), and finally defeat the bosses.

One little trick i found out the other day is having your White Soapstone in your item slot, if it goes dark then you're being invaded so you have about 20/30 secs to quit and reload. I dont know how this is viewed by the community, if it is seen as cowardly then i will hold my hands up and admit my cowardly nature.

It's the most annoying thing in the world for invaders if you quit and reload.

If you don't want to be invaded to the point where you would quit and reload, go join the way of the white.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Ocelot I admit I know and use that trick, though I only use it when I'm trying to duel using read soap and people keep trying to invade me, it's rather annoying and they get in the way silly
    OcelotRigz
    OcelotRigz

Post by OcelotRigz Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:01 pm

Strangely enough, i actually joined the Way of the White today, after freeing Rhea from the 'Tomb Of Giants'. I didn't know until just now, after reading "Buggy Virus'" post above i looked up that covenant and realized thats the one i joined. Actually sounds ideal for me, i like the co-op aspect but hate being invaded but still dont like the idea that im annoying guys either by quitting/reloading.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:06 pm

OcelotRigz wrote: still dont like the idea that im annoying guys either by quitting/reloading.

You're not actually annoying guys by quitting and reloading, all it means as on their screen it'll come up with a "failed to invade" message and they'll carry on spamming the orb like they were before.
    OcelotRigz
    OcelotRigz

Post by OcelotRigz Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    OcelotRigz wrote: still dont like the idea that im annoying guys either by quitting/reloading.

You're not actually annoying guys by quitting and reloading, all it means as on their screen it'll come up with a "failed to invade" message and they'll carry on spamming the orb like they were before.
    Yeah, i guess you're right.
    Thats better, now i wont have my stupid conscience annoying me every time i do it.
    Seenblack
    Seenblack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seenblack Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:53 pm

It actually depends on how long you wait to quit/reload. I've had a few times where i invaded to "Disconnected from the host world" Or whatever shows up on the screen. It can be annoying because you then have to sit through another loading screen =P
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 pm

just got to anor londo with a sl48 and got invaded inside the fortress b4 the 2nd bonfire. Thought it was gonna be a tough fight but had two phantoms and we quickly finished him off. QUALAAG (invaded there as a phantom sev times) SEN'S and ANOR have been nothing but invasions and fighting off the suckers.
    Soon I'll just join 'em. lol
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:09 am

Seenblack wrote:It actually depends on how long you wait to quit/reload. I've had a few times where i invaded to "Disconnected from the host world" Or whatever shows up on the screen. It can be annoying because you then have to sit through another loading screen =P

I rarely get failed to invade, I end up showing in the host's world and immediately get kicked out.
    Seenblack
    Seenblack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seenblack Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 am

Buggy Virus wrote:
    Seenblack wrote:It actually depends on how long you wait to quit/reload. I've had a few times where i invaded to "Disconnected from the host world" Or whatever shows up on the screen. It can be annoying because you then have to sit through another loading screen =P

I rarely get failed to invade, I end up showing in the host's world and immediately get kicked out.

Yeah, that seems to happen to me more times than not.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:28 am

Seems that invading gets priority in this game. Often a couple of summons fail and then blam I get invaded. It happens in forest, archives and anor londo.

Summon Failed
    Summon Failed
    Summon Failed

and then BLAM; You have been invaded by DarkSpirit NoobtheFirst. Or something.

The trick with the soapstone can also be done with the homeward bone. And no it's not cowardly, I understand completely if you summon fails a dozen times and then an invasion succeeds. Why? So you quit and try again to make coop succeed for once. Completely understandable.
    OcelotRigz
    OcelotRigz

Post by OcelotRigz Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:49 am

TheBigLebowski wrote:

Seems that invading gets priority in this game. Often a couple of summons fail and then blam I get invaded. It happens in forest, archives and anor londo.

Summon Failed
    Summon Failed
    Summon Failed

The trick with the soapstone can also be done with the homeward bone. And no it's not cowardly, I understand completely if you summon fails a dozen times and then an invasion succeeds. Why? So you quit and try again to make coop succeed for once. Completely understandable.
    Yeah well i have noticed a huge decrease in invasions and increase in Summon signs since i joined the "Way of the White", could be coincidental but it was definitely the case last night. Also, maybe its just me or a sixth sense, but does it get very quiet just before you get invaded? Because i sometime when i would forget about the Soapstone i would notice the sudden silence and then glance at my soapstone and its greyed out.
    Also, is there something wrong with the bonfire in the archives just before you go into the Crystal Cave? Because i spent about 1/2 hour trying to summon guys but kept getting failed signs. Ironically i ended up summoning two guys and finishing the cave with ease.

Lastly i like to add, Dukes Archives Prison was a cool level but doesnt come close to topping what was the most memorable level, not only in Demons Souls but in gaming, that is "The Tower Of Latria"
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:14 pm

TheBigLebowski wrote:

Summon Failed
    Summon Failed
    Summon Failed

Go join the way of the white, it is so frustrating to finally get an invasion and have to go through the loading screen immediately as you are sent home.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:04 am