Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
dancash1808
Kirk-Barb
6 posters

I am Darkwraith

Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I am Darkwraith Empty I am Darkwraith

Post by Kirk-Barb Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:24 am

Last night I was having a great time hosting with my beginner toon in the Upper Burg. I was on fire and almost untouchable. (Of course I pretty much have to be because the elemental weapons can kill me in one hit most times.) A Darkwraith, who I had won against in a long and epic fight, came back for seconds. But before we began he dropped me a gift. 6 cracked red orbs. With the 4 I already had, that brought me up to 10. After the battle, (another long and epic one with his victory only because he managed to parry my killing blow at the very end) I decided to give being a Darkwraith invader a try.

For those new to my build he's lvl 12, warrior, with all points to endurance, beginner warrior armor +6, long sword +10. Can use anything I find in the Upper Burg and Fire link.

Orb #1: Duel in the area below and right of the bonfire (Arena #1). The guy is way out of my league and the fight is short, but sweet.

Orb #2: An adventurer seeking the boss fight. I make a real rooky mistake and fail to check all the doors behind me as I search. I find the host and his helper at the top of the stairs, leading to the trio of hollows, only to realize the hard way there is actually three. The third comes up the stairs from behind me and I'm pinned between the two and killed.

Orb #3: An adventurer seeking the boss fight. He gets to the door long before I even locate him. I'm sent home.

Orb #4: Duel in Arena #1. Guys armed with spiny straight sword that causes bleed and parrying dagger. I keep my attacks unpredictable and avoid his weak attempts to ninja flip into me with his spiked armor and kill him in 11 hits.

Orb #5: Adventurer seeking the boss. I spot the host and his helper, from the balcony overlooking the stair up to Havel's tower as they are just going into the door. They decide to take a detour my direction and the fight is on. 2 vs 1. The host is a beginner knight with broadsword. The helper a wizard with Big Hat Logan's hat and robs, armed with a long katana and blood shield. The fight is long and chaotic. I'm dodging fireballs like crazy, throwing firebombs and swinging sword. We fight, with me doing a lot of back peddling to avoid a backstab, all through the Burg. We finally end up in Arena #1. There I manage to get the helper between me and the host, stunlock him, and finish him off. Now its just me and the host. I start to think about just letting him go, the fat rolling little turd. But while I contemplate, I get careless and the host backstabs me, and then chain stabs me. I found it very hard to get away from him. He manages to chain 5 in a row before I figure out to stop trying to roll away and just spin and come at him swinging. I would have died except he was using an unmodified weapon. That was it. No mercy! I put him down. (A side note. This was my first 2 v 1 victory. 👽 )

Orb #6: Duel in Arena #1. Armed with a halberd. He did a lot of unlocked swinging and I did a lot of wait til his arc is past me then thrust my sword in his side or back. He was dead in 13 hits.

Orb #7: Adventurer seeking the boss gate... solo. This was by far the most interesting and enjoyable of the evening. As I arrive a guy in golden armor armed with a long handled double bladed axe turns about and comes back across the bridge towards me. I retreat to Arena #1 and wait. He takes up position on the archer's balcony overlooking the Arena and does the sunbro V. I bow in return and he leaves, running off towards the gate. What to do? He obviously just wants to make his way to the gate. I don't have a problem with that, but I really don't want to waste an orb as I'm getting down to my last ones. So I decide to trail him, watch his progress through the area, and then give him a good luck wave as he goes through the gate. I catch up to him in Havel's Tower as he is returning up the stairs from killing Havel. I was going down to watch. I roll off the stair to let him by and he clips me with his axe taking 2/3 my health. I continue down to the bottom. No Havel. I then go up to the gate. No Sunbro??? So I free the crystal lizard so it is out in the open on the stair and easy to see and kill, then wait. Sunbro shows up, kills the lizard on the stair, I drop in right behind him in perfect position for a backstab, but instead I go down the stair to the next level. Sunbro follows. I give him his good luck wave. He does the Sunbro V and drops me a gift. A single humanity. He then takes a green herb and gets ready to rumble. We bow. I do not heal... He has every advantage over me. One hit for sure and I'm history. We fight. I'm a dancing, crazed, sword slinging blur. He dies in 15. I bow. 8)

Orbs # 8, 9, 10: I should have just thrown these away. I show up to a pair of farmers with some skill who are very good at sandwiching and getting the backstab. First time I spotted them in Arena #1 and knew right away I wanted no part of them. So I retreated to the boss gate and black crystaled out. To my surprise and disappointment I returned to their world again. This time the host was waiting for me at the spawn point. I took his BS on my shield (thank you fat rolling turd for the practice) and had him at the disadvantage, but his buddy back stabbed me to save him. Now that I had died, surely I would get someone new. Nope. Same guys. Same routine. Get host almost dead, buddy comes to his rescue with a BS.

My evening of Dark Souls is now over. An hour later then I had planned. Probably my best night of Dark Souls fun to date. I have walked in the shoes of a darkwraith and had a good sampling of what it is like. The good and the bad. All I have to say in closing...
    GIVE ME MORE CRACKED RED ORBS!!!!!! I'm addicted.... I neeeeed them!!!
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I am Darkwraith Empty Re: I am Darkwraith

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:30 am

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t6733-the-darkstalkers
    you should join us winking organised darkwraith's ftw
    and if you are on xbox I can probably hook you up....
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:45 am

Thank you for the invite dancash. I noted in the link that to join I need an invite from a member and I am honored. Before I accept though, I need to create an actual PVP toon. Warrior Kirk is fun and all, but he is just too weak for the real deal. My high level is my first and his stats are everywhere so he's no good except for experimenting.

As for me, sorry to say I'm on PS3. So you can't be my red crack dealer. :drunken:
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 am

Well you can obtain an infinitely reusable one If you didnt know winking which I dearly love silly

What were you thinking in terms of a PvP character... I am pretty decent at building (I would like to think) and billy may want to give you a match before he lets you in proper since your on Ps3. but I'll leave that to him silly
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:03 pm

I will be your supplier.....
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:29 pm

the perks of joining My darkstalkers are quite usefell if you gain corruption you have access to our stock of materials and items, granted you have allready completed the game at least once
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Would not want to ruin the first experience right winking
    and since you are on Ps3 the others should be able to offer a good bit of help even if I cant happy
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Billy_Bayonet... Dancash your great, but it is true. I have still yet to finish the game. My first character is languishing in Anor Londo because I got distracted and wanted to try out a mage/pyromancer. Who is now stuck on the doorsteps of Blightown because I got an idea of playing my beginner anti-griefer, who also moonlights as a Sunbro wanna be helping those wishing help through the Burg. And now I have Delvanoc offering to feed my newly acquired red crack addiction.

Aarrggggg there just isn't enough free time in my life to do it all.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:42 pm

well we may not be for you just yet!
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:48 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:well we may not be for you just yet!

Yes, sad but true. But when the day comes and I complete the game and create a true PVP toon, I will remember your kind invitation and come calling.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:51 pm

lols you have to proove yourself against the dark lord first
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:05 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:lols you have to proove yourself against the dark lord first

Yesss I know. That is why I said I'd come calling.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:11 pm

hehe
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Glad to see a new member. Take billy out dude winking (besides if he is a bit pvp inexperienced we can help him , its the enthusiasm that counts no? )
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:33 pm

ill put him against amos :O
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:35 pm

You .... you are evil! *has massive internal crisis*
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:46 pm

dancash, isn't evil at the heart of being a true darkwraith? I wouldn't expect anything less from a darkwraith lord.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

True, but there is eating babies. and then there is putting the new guy up against amos... *shudders*
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:15 am

Oh look another sinner to hunt. *Sigh* so much work, so little time.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:09 am

... Now I am really confused about your position on us.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:22 am

Its simple. I don't like you, but I don't condone the reasons the LH attacked, so I stayed out to keep Pricilla safe and retain my values. I will come for you, but it will be as a dm, not a LH, so the only thing I'm risking is me having to write a story about losing.

I dislike the knights more than I dislike you, so if/when they attack you, i will aid you against them, but if the deliverance attack you, before or after, i'm with them.

If the deliverance and knights team up I'll stay out of it, or switch characters half way through and fight for the opposite side.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Okay. happy good to know.seeing as the knights are likly to ally with deliverance at some point...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:24 pm

I disagree. The knights "good" and the deliverance "good" are different. The one unforseen made is the knights resident ally cov. Not that they need one, they severely out number their individual enemies.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:40 pm

Its all good silly
    while I agree that they are different I think that they are two sides of the same coin, helping others and punishing those who harm others is a combination that doesnt really clash.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Untill a host is also a sinner.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:58 am