Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
RANT
TehInfamousAmos
CaptanSpudsy
7 posters

Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?) Empty Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

Post by CaptanSpudsy Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:11 am

So here I have this snazzy looking PvP build. However, this is my first time making an INT build, so I have no clue on what I doing. If anyone could critique it, I'd be much obliged.

Spudsy
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?) Empty Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:16 am

My snazzy Assassin of Vinheim I wreck the catacombs with it... Noone gets to Pinwheel under my watch winking
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?) Empty Re: Moonlight Battle Mage Build (halp?)

Post by RANT Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:16 am

what about this? http://tinyurl.com/6seksxe going above 50 int is a waste, most people stop at 44 because they dont like WDB which is hard to use, if youre gonna use it lock off and try to guess where your opponent is gonna dodge to, it also works really good in bridges.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:18 am

I love WDB but my AoV is low level for vading Anor Londo - Catacombs and Sens xD
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:27 am

RantFromRant wrote:what about this? http://tinyurl.com/6seksxe going above 50 int is a waste, most people stop at 44 because they dont like WDB which is hard to use, if youre gonna use it lock off and try to guess where your opponent is gonna dodge to, it also works really good in bridges.

Hmmm, that might work. Also, thanks for WDB advice.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:36 am

CaptanSpudsy wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:what about this? http://tinyurl.com/6seksxe going above 50 int is a waste, most people stop at 44 because they dont like WDB which is hard to use, if youre gonna use it lock off and try to guess where your opponent is gonna dodge to, it also works really good in bridges.

Hmmm, that might work. Also, thanks for WDB advice.

I would either agree with the build he posted. Or if it suits your fancy, take off some Vit to put on dex to use velkas Rapier. But only if you wanna use the Rapier of course otherwise it's a waste.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:38 am

If this is your first INT build I'd probably advise against WDB, because it is a difficult spell to master. Stopping at 44 is usually good enough.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:41 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:If this is your first INT build I'd probably advise against WDB, because it is a difficult spell to master. Stopping at 44 is usually good enough.

I disagree. Since it's your first INT sure you might not be good at it. But it's not gonna be any different with your second build unless you try it. You gotta practice with it to get better.

Also it'd be good as your first build just to try out all the spells. That way you know if you actually don't like it not to use points on it next time.

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:44 am

^This is also true. You never know until you try. I'm just warning him, don't expect a lot of success with that particular sorcery right off the bat.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:53 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:^This is also true. You never know until you try. I'm just warning him, don't expect a lot of success with that particular sorcery right off the bat.

Yeah, I agree. Try getting the hang of other similar spells first as it will help. Although i'm sure you will as it'll be be the last spell you can use.
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:01 am

Right. So here's an updated build:
    I took points from Vit and put it in Dex so I can use Velka's Rapier, I took more points from health in order to up the poise and defrense. I added another attunement slot for another Crystal Soul Spear, and for the lols, I put 99 humanity.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:04 am

Look good to me happy

Just remember a lot of forum events are Sl 120 cap. So if you want to attend them prob drop that Vit down to 40.

But it looks good. Just like him -----> 8)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:07 am

Velka's Rapier is a wonderful weapon. If you give it a chance, I don't know how you can but not fall in love with it.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:08 am

May I give you some expert tips on casting??

Okay I will adjust your build to how I would make it... Just one minute
    http://tinyurl.com/72tmfkf

The reason I swapped the MLBH for Ascended flame is because Acid Surge allows you to completely blind the enemy - then you will cast chameleon, this breaks their lock onto you - you can proceed to cast a CSS or WDB and because they cannot see it or are locked onto you it will normally hit and cane them for a lot of damage - my SL41 does this alot and even through a crest shield blocking it does 1080 damage. but my SL41 lacks acid surge due to covenant rules.
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:20 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:May I give you some expert tips on casting??

Okay I will adjust your build to how I would make it... Just one minute
    http://tinyurl.com/72tmfkf

The reason I swapped the MLBH for Ascended flame is because Acid Surge allows you to completely blind the enemy - then you will cast chameleon, this breaks their lock onto you - you can proceed to cast a CSS or WDB and because they cannot see it or are locked onto you it will normally hit and cane them for a lot of damage - my SL41 does this alot and even through a crest shield blocking it does 1080 damage. but my SL41 lacks acid surge due to covenant rules.

Intriguing... I'll probably use that as an alternate for forest hunting.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:23 am

It is funny casting chameleon and screwing someones BS attempt up also because they lost their lock on xD
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:24 am

Right, MY FINAL BUILD!!

This is an alternate for Forest Hunting.

Thanks for your help.

Spudsy
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:26 am

Woot! Nps dude - I am happy to help a fellow Humanity Thief.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:00 pm

the last time i played dark souls this mage managed to hit me TWICE! with dragon breath......it was laggy of course tongue but seriously i hate when you get hit by such an easy spell to dodge(especially when it almost 1shot me the first time). i saw it 4 in game feet to my right and dodged it with space to spare and still got hit.... i can understand the soul spear(lag spear) cause it homes in on you, but dragon breath....you need a lot of luck/lag to hit someone in pvp with that.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:14 pm

this should help with WDB and other spells. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vDdAiTmXDY&feature=relmfu
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:16 pm

I don't like high level caster builds because most of the levels are pointless. Int is really the only important stat, because you will get killed easily regardless of your defense or HP as a caster. I can output almost max damage for sorcery at SL 58, so with every level beyond that my opponents get stronger and faster and healthier but I stay pretty much the same. Amos has it right at SL 40, sorc can be used for PvP at higher levels but it's a massive disadvantage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:22 pm