Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
TheNeoReaper
7 posters

May have found what the pendant does.

TheNeoReaper
    TheNeoReaper

May have found what the pendant does. Empty May have found what the pendant does.

Post by TheNeoReaper Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:38 am

On my 2nd character I decided to pick the pendant. Well while in Anor Londo I dropped my white soapstone down for my brother to summon me(talking on bluetooth). So he summoned me but on my screen it said I was invading him. I thought meh a game glitch. When I actually appeared in his world I was a black phantom. Well I got this character up to my original character & transferred the pendant over. So I went to Dark Root Forrest & dropped my white soapstone down. Guess what same thing happened. This character has over 200hrs of gameplay & thats has never happened without the pendant

Last edited by TheNeoReaper on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

May have found what the pendant does. Empty Re: May have found what the pendant does.

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:39 am

Im afraid we're going to need pics before we can acknowledge this is anything. And are you sure you were black? Not red or blue?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

May have found what the pendant does. Empty Re: May have found what the pendant does.

Post by WyrmHero Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:46 am

This had happened to me too. It's a summon glitch.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:47 am

Wyrm are you sure you were a black phantom?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:49 am

Yeah black phantom = dark spirit (red).
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:50 am

See I wanna know whether he meant black red or black black.
    TheNeoReaper
    TheNeoReaper

Post by TheNeoReaper Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:52 am

Yes I was a black(red) phantom. I'll post pics or vids as soon as it happens again. Wasn't recording at the time. I would've been recording if I knew this was going to happen.

Last edited by TheNeoReaper on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:53 am

In Demon Souls, black phantoms were the red invaders. I don't know why they were called black instead of red. They had a blackish cool aura.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:50 am

If this happened everytime, or even the majority, i'd accept it. And it would be awesome. Oh, trying to summon me for the gank, are you? GET **** ON. Hahaha.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:53 am

It's happened to me before as well. It's a summoning glitch.

For the record, Wikidot refers to red invaders as black phantoms as well.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:58 am

That's because in demons they were called black phantoms, but on dark souls they look a lot more red and lighter coloured so i call em red.

yeah neo i think it's just part of the old summoning/invasion glitch. It's not anything to do with the pendant at all as it's not often enough.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:36 am

I've experienced this bug too. I also have a coop character with a pendant that has had over 99 coop wins in Anor Londo (judging by the sunlight medals) and many more sessions and has never had it happen, so I don't think it involves the pendant.

Basically, there's a slight chance that you can appear in someone else's game as anything other than what you were supposed to be. I've invaded via red orb and appeared as a white phantom, and cooped and appeared as a red phantom or even a DM. It's actually possible to get more than 2 friendly summons this way if an invader glitches and comes out friendly. I've beaten S&O with a team of host, 2 white phantoms, and 1 sunbro.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:41 am