Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
TheBigLebowski
Tolvo
bloodpixel
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Extertionist
User
Rynn
RandelOolacile
retro
13 posters

an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab

retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab Empty an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab

Post by retro Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:56 pm

A friendly redditor was able to produce this upon request. I can't run the 3D Map Viewer on my computer, but when I found out it shows the invisible walkways I was curious and wanted to see its exact shape:

an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab 9el6H

The dead end certainly explains the confusion I had looking for the edge of the path with prism stones. Look Skyward
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab Empty Re: an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab

Post by RandelOolacile Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:09 pm

This helps. I've never been in need of the blue slab, but would try the path anyway just to eat it halfway there. =P
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab Empty Re: an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab

Post by Rynn Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 pm

So I was checking the map, and I found a shortcut that I just tested....
    I just skipped about 80% of the dukes archives.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:55 pm

Whiskey would be pleased. hold on, I'm a copy and paste it VIA email to her.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:03 pm

I found that out the hard way. Over 300k souls were lost that day, and a tenth of that went towards prism stones.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:21 pm

Rynn wrote:So I was checking the map, and I found a shortcut that I just tested....
    Can you take a screenshot of what you saw on the map that tipped you off to the shortcut?

I realize to some that's not as interesting as just knowing the shortcut, but without access to the 3D map viewer I wish I could see these things! I'm also interested in the relationships between some areas (just out of curiosity, not expecting to find anything). If I made a 3d map viewer screenshots request thread, would there be people who wouldn't mind supplying them?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:29 pm

retro wrote:
    Rynn wrote:So I was checking the map, and I found a shortcut that I just tested....
    Can you take a screenshot of what you saw on the map that tipped you off to the shortcut?

I realize to some that's not as interesting as just knowing the shortcut, but without access to the 3D map viewer I wish I could see these things! I'm also interested in the relationships between some areas (just out of curiosity, not expecting to find anything). If I made a 3d map viewer screenshots request thread, would there be people who wouldn't mind supplying them?
    an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab 10721here

It's hard to see because the shot renders badly, but there is a collide set up where the second circle is. You can live through the fall, sliding down the building. Then drink estus and make a second fall to the bottom.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Fancy whiz kids with they new-fangled technologies and whatnot, no, no, it's not a problem I'll just be here on my porch whittlin' away at this here wooden log and smokin' my pipe tobaccky.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Rynn wrote:an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab 10721here

It's hard to see because the shot renders badly, but there is a collide set up where the second circle is. You can live through the fall, sliding down the building. Then drink estus and make a second fall to the bottom.

Amazing. That puts you down by the Crystal Golems then, right? How do you jump over or clip through the railing?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:39 pm

The same way you clip through all of them.
    Strip off all your clothing, and equip any pair of slanted boots, so that you jump higher.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:40 pm

I've just realized I have never gotten a blue slab.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Rynn wrote:The same way you clip through all of them.
    Strip off all your clothing, and equip any pair of slanted boots, so that you jump higher.
    What qualifies as slanted? I haven't done any speed running or shortcut exploits in DaS before, this is new to me.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Stand on a set of stairs, in a location where your feet get a little glitchy (one foot bends sideways so that your ankle looks broken)
    Change boots until you find a pair where your ankle doesn't break while standing there.
    Strip off all other weight because you move faster when at lower weights, yes, even below 25% you still move faster.

Generally a useless bug, since most of the time rails are stopping you from dying...
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:44 pm

I apologize if it's poor etiquette to bump an older thread, but much clearer screenshots have surfaced via reddit:
    https://imgur.com/a/25z0D

an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab KLxO2h

an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab U1UKbh

an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab DA7x4h

an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab 0zKkJh
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:52 pm

Really good stuff here guys, mind if I add this to the Resources Thread when I get out of the hospital?
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:31 pm

Nice post! I always used prism stones to make a path lol.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:34 pm

I always used my bow and arrows first then the prism stone to double check.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:37 pm

Rynn wrote:Stand on a set of stairs, in a location where your feet get a little glitchy (one foot bends sideways so that your ankle looks broken)
    Change boots until you find a pair where your ankle doesn't break while standing there.
    Strip off all other weight because you move faster when at lower weights, yes, even below 25% you still move faster.

Generally a useless bug, since most of the time rails are stopping you from dying...

I tested this today over and over, I found that it wasn't true in my tests. At 24/96 EL my character ran the same distance 10 times at an average speed of 14.49 seconds (the distance was the hallway that you fight Gwyndolyn at, after death of course), without armor it was 14.55 seconds. Which is extremely close even with my human error. Or course if you say it works, and did this with it, then it should. Perhaps you (or someone) should try this fall down at ~25EL.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:03 am

Nice! Even knowing the way that path goes i wouldnt trust myself and still use prims stones :c
    I always feel weird stepping on "nothing"
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:02 pm

ICEFANG wrote:
    Rynn wrote:Stand on a set of stairs, in a location where your feet get a little glitchy (one foot bends sideways so that your ankle looks broken)

I tested this today over and over, I found that it wasn't true in my tests. At 24/96 EL my character ran the same distance 10 times at an average speed of 14.49 seconds (the distance was the hallway that you fight Gwyndolyn at, after death of course), without armor it was 14.55 seconds. Which is extremely close even with my human error. Or course if you say it works, and did this with it, then it should. Perhaps you (or someone) should try this fall down at ~25EL.
    There is youtube video's indicating it does indeed effect jumps and rolls, not normal running.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Off topic, but related to your post:
    Rynn wrote:There is youtube video's indicating it does indeed effect jumps and rolls, not normal running.
    I made a wiki page about this the other day: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/equip%20load
    Not sure if the speeds below 25% affects running speed, but rolls (or at least the pause between rolls) are quicker. I'm also uncertain about how equip load affects a flip ring user, if the speed changes at all.

Feel free to add more if I forgot something or made a mistake. an accurate representation of the invisible walkway to the blue titanite slab 3149687655

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 pm