Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
zzombieboy
dianaduh
jakezillah
CaptanSpudsy
TehInfamousAmos
befowler
BIG TIME MASTER
Yarxov
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Ghadis_God
Buggy Virus
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
FrEyes
Serious_Much
Sebastrd
bloodpixel
RandelOolacile
RANT
raecor14
23 posters

underated armor and the big hat.

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

underated armor and the big hat. - Page 2 Empty Re: underated armor and the big hat.

Post by Yarxov Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:35 pm

How does Big Hat and Hollow thief armor look? Cant check atm.
    jakezillah
    jakezillah

underated armor and the big hat. - Page 2 Empty Re: underated armor and the big hat.

Post by jakezillah Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Black knight set is one of my favourites it also looks awesome!
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:29 pm

the witch, dingy and pyro sets are my faves. The problem is that light armor lacks poise, but nothing that combined sets or wolf ring cant solve.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:40 pm

For light armour, Witches Cloak is really good. I wear it all the time for invading, and people don't usually notice Havel's leggings hiding beneath the tattered cloth so just assume I'm poiseless silly Free parries!

Painting guardian waistcloth is also very decent for its weight.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:58 pm

I don't get why everyone likes light armour so much... why would you want to roll around like a monkey on crack when you can just tank them and laugh off their blows? My favourite set is full giants to be honest (no mask, full set, not the shield though), it looks badass, especially the helm and the rag on the front of the chestplate, and its always nice to see the physical defence go above 500 happy
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Shakie666 wrote:I don't get why everyone likes light armour so much... why would you want to roll around like a monkey on crack when you can just tank them and laugh off their blows? My favourite set is full giants to be honest (no mask, full set, not the shield though), it looks badass, especially the helm and the rag on the front of the chestplate, and its always nice to see the physical defence go above 500 happy

Personally I enjoy the challenge of having little or no poise. I usually opt for either 0 or sometimes 21 (realistically its 28 because I'd usually just put on something of Havel's for easiness) if its a low vit build. Stacking poise can make you lazy imo.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:36 pm

zzombieboy wrote:
    Shakie666 wrote:I don't get why everyone likes light armour so much... why would you want to roll around like a monkey on crack when you can just tank them and laugh off their blows? My favourite set is full giants to be honest (no mask, full set, not the shield though), it looks badass, especially the helm and the rag on the front of the chestplate, and its always nice to see the physical defence go above 500 happy

Personally I enjoy the challenge of having little or no poise. I usually opt for either 0 or sometimes 21 (realistically its 28 because I'd usually just put on something of Havel's for easiness) if its a low vit build. Stacking poise can make you lazy imo.

Unless your using full havel's poise doesn't make too much difference in boss fights since they can usually stagger you anyway. For normal enemies though going no poise isn't that much harder (for me anyway) because i either just block + counter or parry + riposte them. It also barely matters unless you're getting swarmed.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:39 pm

Shakie666 wrote:
    zzombieboy wrote:

Unless your using full havel's poise doesn't make too much difference in boss fights since they can usually stagger you anyway. For normal enemies though going no poise isn't that much harder (for me anyway) because i either just block + counter or parry + riposte them. It also barely matters unless you're getting swarmed.

Yeah, for PvE armour basically makes no difference. Agreed, but I'm talking about PvP.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:40 pm

And I'm happy if mine goes above 250 silly
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:43 pm

giants armor is sexy with the brass helm :3
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:27 am

For me it's the Thief's hood, Black Sorcerer Cloak, Black Iron Gauntlets, and Black Leather Boots, simply because it looks so damn menacing. twisted
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:00 pm

The Dark Mask looks good on teh Black Sorcerer.
    Looks awesome on the Painted guardian set too.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:38 am

Head:

Big Hat (Logans) +5 (is really good and very underrated, light as well)

Torso:

Eastern Armour +5 (good poise, good resistance and looks cool, has silver arm piece)

Hands:

Smoughs Gauntlets (offers great physical defence and look cool as well, a little heavy)

Legs:

Gold-Hemmed Black Skirt (looks badass and has good stats)

Equip Siegmayers ring (Speckled) or the Stoneplate Ring!

This setup along with the GSoA and the Black Knight Sword +5 is killing for me!

It offers decent poise, enough not to be staggered when attacking and offers good magic/fire defence and decent physical defence and allows me to use the Grain Ring and cartwheel around.. I do not use the Stoneplate rings though, still have Ring of Favour and Protection and the Grain ring!

The Black Knight/Silver Knight armour is too heavy for what you get! Stone Armour is decent as well! Giants Armour is good too! Smoughs offers the best Physical and is lighter than Havels! his armour etc is overrated in my opinion!

Crimson dress +5 is quality too! Just picked up the Paladin Leeroy's set, is a tad heavy..
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:55 am

Raikan007 wrote:Head:

Big Hat (Logans) +5 (is really good and very underrated, light as well)

Torso:

Eastern Armour +5 (good poise, good resistance and looks cool, has silver arm piece)

Hands:

Smoughs Gauntlets (offers great physical defence and look cool as well, a little heavy)

Legs:

Gold-Hemmed Black Skirt (looks badass and has good stats)

Equip Siegmayers ring (Speckled) or the Stoneplate Ring!

This setup along with the GSoA and the Black Knight Sword +5 is killing for me!

It offers decent poise, enough not to be staggered when attacking and offers good magic/fire defence and decent physical defence and allows me to use the Grain Ring and cartwheel around.. I do not use the Stoneplate rings though, still have Ring of Favour and Protection and the Grain ring!

The Black Knight/Silver Knight armour is too heavy for what you get! Stone Armour is decent as well! Giants Armour is good too! Smoughs offers the best Physical and is lighter than Havels! his armour etc is overrated in my opinion!

Crimson dress +5 is quality too! Just picked up the Paladin Leeroy's set, is a tad heavy..

Thought i should just add, giants +5 actaully gives better defence than smough's armour, has the same poise, and weighs less.

Also, your setup only has 35 poise, ideally it should be at least 53 to avoid being staggered by greatswords.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:59 am

@Shakie He only plays offline PvE so poise doesnt worry him.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:07 am

yeah exactly, its enough poise for most monsters happy plus I have the GSoA so blocking is pretty damn easy and barely uses any stamina and barely move, even against Stray Demon/Asylum etc.. the only thing that smacked me backwards are the Minor Taurus demons in The Ruins happy
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:48 am

I am on level 40 Endurance and my equip load is 88.6 I think, I drop my GSoA when playing through the levels and use once I get to the bosses (well will use, just started new game +) the other shield I use is the Crest Shield +3 so I can parry against normal characters etc..

so I have an extra 13.0 to use most of the time, however, that barely covers the leggings of Giants and I do not want to use Havels ring all the time, its only used during boss battles really..

I would love to use it (Giants) but I cannot yet...

I have two more questions:

1) In New Game +, do the Blacksmiths already have all the Embers or do I have to get them again? I just got to Firelink and have yet to go to a Blacksmith yet..

2) Does increasing Endurance continue to increase my STAMINA as well as EQUIP LOAD after level 40 or just equip load?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:51 am

You need to reget the embers for the blacksmiths.
    Stamina caps at end 40, totalling 160.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:52 am

cool cheers, but Equip load still increases correct?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:53 am

Yep. Equip load continues until 99 end, where it caps at 139.0
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:02 am

thanks, used it already, but you deserve one silly
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:04 am

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    The worst luck silly
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:30 am

On one of my coop builds, I've taken to wearing the ugliest combination of armor I could find: mask of father, golem chest armor, stone knight gauntlets, hollow soldier leggings. It is truly hideous. The funny thing is, as soon as I put it on I started getting summoned like crazy, and people often send me a friend request as soon as I appear. It's hilarious.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:40 am

befowler wrote:On one of my coop builds, I've taken to wearing the ugliest combination of armor I could find: mask of father, golem chest armor, stone knight gauntlets, hollow soldier leggings. It is truly hideous. The funny thing is, as soon as I put it on I started getting summoned like crazy, and people often send me a friend request as soon as I appear. It's hilarious.
    yeah iv noticed that too, people tend to think you have mad skill when you ware crappy armor, i always used to summon this guy who had havels leggings and arms on with the onion head it truly is amazing how armor defines your status as a player

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:07 pm