Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Yarxov
TangerineDream
callipygias
Malacath
dancash1808
Lancelot
JoeBroski09
DoughGuy
Azran
Zetsabre
Owl
Sciarry
kiwi_commander
17 posters

Finally did it, I'm a SL1 Dark Wraith

kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Finally did it, I'm a SL1 Dark Wraith Empty Finally did it, I'm a SL1 Dark Wraith

Post by kiwi_commander Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:01 am

Well it was a very tough play through but I finally did it. I am a SL1 dark wraith and I am continuing bc I want to complete my SL 1 run. Here are the break downs of deaths on the bosses.

1. Taurus, 0 deaths
    2. Gargoyles, 0 deaths
    3. Capra, 3 deaths
    4. Queelag, 5 deaths (really?)
    5. Iron Golem, 1 death (he grabbed me and threw me off the side)
    6. Smough and Ornstein, 1 death
    7. Four Kings, 1 death
    8. Ceaseless, 4 deaths (yeah...)
    9. Demon Firesage, 2 deaths
    10. Centipede Demon, 2 deaths
    11. Stray Demon, 0 deaths.
    12. Sif, 1 death

I am terrified of going to the Catacombs and taking on Pinwheel and Nito as SL1. At least I know the Catacomb shortcut.

Last edited by kiwi_commander on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sciarry
    Sciarry
    Addicted
    Addicted

Finally did it, I'm a SL1 Dark Wraith Empty Re: Finally did it, I'm a SL1 Dark Wraith

Post by Sciarry Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:15 am

No offense, I just can't figure it out, what's the point ? Why aren't you spending souls on your character level ? Just to make it harder ?
    Owl
    Owl
    Casual
    Casual

Finally did it, I'm a SL1 Dark Wraith Empty Re: Finally did it, I'm a SL1 Dark Wraith

Post by Owl Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:21 am

Sciarry wrote:No offense, I just can't figure it out, what's the point ? Why aren't you spending souls on your character level ? Just to make it harder ?

Well, as a SL1 Dark Wraith, you can invade anyone.Finally did it, I'm a SL1 Dark Wraith 3378427106 twisted
    Zetsabre

Post by Zetsabre Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:22 am

Sciarry wrote:No offense, I just can't figure it out, what's the point ? Why aren't you spending souls on your character level ? Just to make it harder ?

Boss difficulty is relative to your character stats and soul level. You can beat the entire game at SL1 if you wanted to.

Also, since you aren't spending souls on leveling, all of it can be used for upgrading items and invading at SL1.
    Sciarry
    Sciarry
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sciarry Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:30 am

I need this evil mind too!
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:30 am

It's not Demon's Souls, where bosses could actually one-shot you.
    There's a fixed damage scaling factor in their attack it seems; it's proportional and they won't ever one shot you; there's always a sliver of health it seems.

Also;
    3. Capra, 3 deaths

"Haha, eff you all, people."
    - With love, Capra.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:35 am

Its all about that first roll with the capra.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:41 am

Azran wrote:It's not Demon's Souls, where bosses could actually one-shot you.
    There's a fixed damage scaling factor in their attack it seems; it's proportional and they won't ever one shot you; there's always a sliver of health it seems.

Also;
    3. Capra, 3 deaths

"Haha, eff you all, people."
    - With love, Capra.

Capra was bad, but man. Queelag was just awful for me. I died at least three times to her doing her AOE attack and me not noticing it and yes, that attack does one shot you. Like the Four Kings, one swipe will leave you at around 20% or so. 😢
    Sciarry
    Sciarry
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sciarry Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:48 am

I wonder how would you meet the prerequisites for Spells, Miracles, Weapons and Shields... ?
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:58 am

Sciarry wrote:I wonder how would you meet the prerequisites for Spells, Miracles, Weapons and Shields... ?

SL 1
    VIT 10
    ATU 12
    END 11
    STR 12
    DEX 9
    RES 12
    INT 10
    FAI 8

Well, you can only do a SL1 with a Pyro. His stats are pretty decent but you cannot use any dex based weapons such as a bow. But you can still fire arrows to bring enemies closer to you. The weapons are mainly relegated to hand axes, duel wielding axes and other weapons. I prefer to use hand axes bc they are quick.

As far as armor goes, I use hard leader armor, giant leggings, and brass gauntlets. I can wear this bc I use the FAP ring. Headgear is wanderer's headgear until I get mother's mask from the catacombs.

You can use any pyromancy as you have two slots and its not dependent on Soul Level. The only magic you can use are soul arrow and i think fall control. That is why I carry a light crossbow instead as it leaves two slots open for pyromancy and does the same as a soul arrow.

Shield, you have a lot to chose from so Grass Crest is my main

Last edited by kiwi_commander on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:46 pm

And as for the other Ring? I guess Cloranthy would be overkill. silly

I'm interested on the idea of doing an SL1 run myself, though.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:56 pm

I couldnt ever do a low sl run, mostly because i love using new weapons as i pve. I just love switching it up as much az possible. Usually leaving me soulless, many underpowered weapons, and too low sl to grab help hahaha!
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm doing a SL 4 playthrough right now actually, with only the Warrior Set. I tried to make him look as realistic as possible with his face and hair. It's going good, actually. Not as hard as I expected, probably because I already know every enemies move set.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:12 pm

I think a no shield playthrough would be harder than a low sl playthrough. I did that. And i solo'd every boss other than ng+ bosses. I think you should try that happy
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Whoever said bosses cant one shot you... It happens alarmingly often, (try the 4 kings with 8 vit and stand there for either the forward stab the AOE or the magic blast I think ) that and there are plenty who will quite happily stunlock you for the difference xD
    Malacath
    Malacath
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Malacath Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm doing my SL 5 Thief playthrough right now only using upgraded starter gear. I could beat all bosses alone with few deaths escept Capra but then I had to face the Four Kings and they right away destroyed me. I did 100 damage with one swing and I simply felt like I had no chance.

So as I got myself help from dancash I could beat those guys, after lots of tries though cause I'm so incompetent XD. You kiwi must be a Boss for only dieing once to them Finally did it, I'm a SL1 Dark Wraith 1330857165

After beating Dark Souls twice it was the most simple consequence for me to do such a run cause the challange is so hard and that is simply awesome.

And also, I can agree that bosses can one shot you, pretty much every boss does that to me XD
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:34 pm

Odd, Vageta mentioned the "can't one shot you" part in his SL3 run. If I recall correctly, in the fight against Quelaag; when he got hit with the AoE attack.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Hopefully this is just a personal challenge and won't result in low-level Burg/Parish invasions. But hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which piles up first, as they say.
    Malacath
    Malacath
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Malacath Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:59 pm

As for me it's just for the challange, I stay loyal to the forest. I bet most people on the forums hate griefers and in consequence shouldn't become one themselves, if not then I was mistaken about you guys/gals.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:10 am

Azran wrote:And as for the other Ring? I guess Cloranthy would be overkill. silly

I'm interested on the idea of doing an SL1 run myself, though.

Other ring, has to be ninja flip ring. Killing the ninja and Shiva in blighttown was just awful. Shiva is a very hard one to take on but as long as you stay in the little patch of safe ground the ninja wont get to you. Once you kill Shiva, you can just do jumping attack toward the wooden wall and you will hit the ninja.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:14 am

Malacath wrote:As for me it's just for the challange, I stay loyal to the forest. I bet most people on the forums hate griefers and in consequence shouldn't become one themselves, if not then I was mistaken about you guys/gals.
    None of the regulars at least grief. Im thinking about taking my SL 8 to the forest. It can deal a ton of damage, and I can just fast roll dodge them.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:20 am

Malacath wrote:I'm doing my SL 5 Thief playthrough right now only using upgraded starter gear. I could beat all bosses alone with few deaths escept Capra but then I had to face the Four Kings and they right away destroyed me. I did 100 damage with one swing and I simply felt like I had no chance.

So as I got myself help from dancash I could beat those guys, after lots of tries though cause I'm so incompetent XD. You kiwi must be a Boss for only dieing once to them Finally did it, I'm a SL1 Dark Wraith 1330857165

After beating Dark Souls twice it was the most simple consequence for me to do such a run cause the challange is so hard and that is simply awesome.

And also, I can agree that bosses can one shot you, pretty much every boss does that to me XD

Haha, no need for that because I did get help on the Four Kings. A lot of other phantoms were doing SL1 runs and we just met up for a Four Kings-A-Thon.

It was pretty fun to see random low level weapons hitting a king at the same time and doing only 500 damage or so.

Regarding burg invasions, I only did it a couple of times but I think it's ok considering a lot of people BB glitch. If I see someone new, I either drop them some humanity, upgrade materials or weapons.

Last time I invaded the burg, I ran towards the door behind the boar and when the host triggered it, I simply reopened the door for him. Trying to be your neighborhood friendly dark wraith.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:45 am

Meh, sometimes invading at sl 55 feels a bit grief ish but other than that no sad
    TangerineDream

Post by TangerineDream Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Currently doing a SL1 run myself. Took out Sif last night on my own , my heart has never beat so fast.

Tried the four kings afterwards about 6/7 time and lasted probably a total of 30 secs. If anyone is on the psn and fancies helping out let me know.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:31 pm

I don't think invading at a souls level in itself is griefing, it all depends on what weapons you use. ie. invading the burg with starter euipment, all unupgraded isnt griefing at all really. If the host is a newbie (its honestly not hard to tell) then you go easy on them, drop a hard humanity so they dont lose much, and help them learn how to fight.
    But, go in with a lightning weapon and theres no justification.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:56 pm