Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

And the guilty shall pay the price.

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

And the guilty shall pay the price. Empty And the guilty shall pay the price.

Post by Shindori Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:56 am

How many of you play as Darkmoons?
    Today could very well be the first time I really played as a blade.
    Sure, I take the ocassional backstabe but c'mon. 108 Poise? Dash through the hit directly for it. Especially when youre getting ganked. Which, by the way, is the easiest way to beat gankers. Straight for the boss with lots of poise, dash through and bam, he dead. Then again, DGM+15 with hornet is required to guarantee the kill. I myself am going for what I call Boar Demon, The Machete of Darkmoon build.
    http://tinyurl.com/82dw7bl

Doesn't look too bad does it? I'm rather fond of the way he works out for me.
    And dat blade buff, pumping me up to about 1110 attack power.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

And the guilty shall pay the price. Empty Re: And the guilty shall pay the price.

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:10 am

I could be missing something here, but with a build like that I can hardly see you 'dashing' anywhere, and would suspect it would be more like a labored jog. big grin

Last edited by Gazman0169 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

And the guilty shall pay the price. Empty Re: And the guilty shall pay the price.

Post by Shindori Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:13 am

It hasnt disappointed me so far. c: plus, this character's main strength is attacking hard enough to stunlock, which it does more than well. I can only imagine it will be worse once I get that blade buff.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:13 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3466190821942738
    This is my DM build. I also occasionally swith cthe shield for a notched whip. Works well, just got to get used to a dex weapon rather than a str weapon.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:17 am

Nice, I like it. but.. Points seem to be scattered everywhere. Not to mention you have two unused slots for spells.
    Plus I can't handle poise below 60 x,x
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:28 am

lol I rarely ever fill in speel slots unless its a proper magic build. Its easy enough to assume WoG + something else useful. Str and end are at the minimum they need to be, and the extra points went into vit, which is why it looks a bit scattered.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:33 am

Aaaah. Any reason you chose to start with a cleric? I myself choose deprived because all stats begin the same, so it's really easy to branch out into whatever I want, since everything is attainable in-game. By the way, what's a good way to level up as a darkmoon and a good place to invade? I'm doing forest but I rarely get anything worth a nicer chunk of souls.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

And the guilty shall pay the price. Empty How about this Shindori?

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:49 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1263593398834854

Admittedly this means that you would no longer be able to use the Hornet Ring, and you would no longer be naked, but generally speaking I think you'd be a lot better off.

For a starters, do you really need 108 Poise, when the highest break-point is currently set at 76, bearing in mind that you are looking to get stuck in as fast as you can?

Secondly, having a nice shiny silver shield is all well and good, but wouldn't you be better served having one that ups your Stamina regeneration, seeing as that you are looking to wield a heavy piece of metal?

I'd also look to two-handing the DGM for the increase in attack this offers. After all, you're whole plan is to storm right in, and so a shield is hardly going to make much of a difference.

But for me, the biggest plus points with this build are it will give you a lot more HP's, Stamina, and all round defense. Not to mention a fairly light Mid Roll, over your (for what I would consider to be) uncomfortably heavy Fat one.

Anyway, these are merely suggestions, which may or may not work for you. If you're happy with your build the way it is then stick with it, and above everything else enjoy using it.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:55 am

The build is pretty good, and I appreciate the suggestions, but I think I'll stick to what I have. However, since the breaking point is so low, I suppose I could switch the wolf ring for the havel's ring for a much lighter load, giving me a light roll. Also, the silver knight shield was more than anything for the stability, since when fully upgraded, I believe it has the highest stability of all shields. Though the grass crest shield does prove effective, though I do believe I might have disposed of it.The chest, however, is exposed due to this being a Capra Demon ish cosplay. Think of it as a stray boar demon recruited by the blades so he may change his ways for good and punish sinners.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:58 am

Oh, and one other thing. My only reason for keeping the Darkmoon Talisman is that it fits in with the whole Darkmoon theme, but if it's power you're after the Thorolund wins hands-down with a 24 Faith stat.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:00 am

Thing is, the magic adj stays the same. 165 no matter what your faith is. Now, look at the darkmoon talisman at 50 faith.
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Faith-Int+Talisman+Magic+Adjustment+Values

Last edited by Shindori on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:01 am

Shindori wrote:Aaaah. Any reason you chose to start with a cleric? I myself choose deprived because all stats begin the same, so it's really easy to branch out into whatever I want, since everything is attainable in-game. By the way, what's a good way to level up as a darkmoon and a good place to invade? I'm doing forest but I rarely get anything worth a nicer chunk of souls.
    Since this was a planned pvp build I used mugen to make it before I made it in game. Thats why I chose cleric. DMing is the WORST way to get souls. Too often you invade down for nothing. Try hosting in the burg for better souls.
    Also my guy uses the canvas talisman, not darkmoon one. At the time I didnt check which was better.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:02 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    Shindori wrote:Aaaah. Any reason you chose to start with a cleric? I myself choose deprived because all stats begin the same, so it's really easy to branch out into whatever I want, since everything is attainable in-game. By the way, what's a good way to level up as a darkmoon and a good place to invade? I'm doing forest but I rarely get anything worth a nicer chunk of souls.
    Since this was a planned pvp build I used mugen to make it before I made it in game. Thats why I chose cleric. DMing is the WORST way to get souls. Too often you invade down for nothing. Try hosting in the burg for better souls.
    ...Undead burg? Yeah-no. I will never touch that place. It's a hellmine and i hate it xD Goddamn framerate
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:07 am

I luv your reasoning behind the build, as the Capra Demon still sends shivers down my spine whenever I square up to it, even though I now find him to be a lot less of a challenge than the two bloody annoying dogs that hang out with it.

You never know this could be the start of a whole Capra Demon-esq sub-culture within the game, with you as it's head. twisted

Anyway, good luck with your build, and if you're on the PSN maybe we'll run into each other someday.

(I'll be keeping an eye out for scary half naked boar-headed dudes from now on! big grin }

Last edited by Gazman0169 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:07 am

?
    Are yo usure you read burg and not btown? I;ve never had framrate problems in the burg.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:10 am

Wait.. NVM I CONFUSE THOSE ALL THE TIME.

@Gazman: Man.. I could start something here, couldn't I? Maybe a guild of boar demons. And I would be the one to have started it all.. Hmm..
    Sadly, i'm on Xbox. Were we to run into each other, it would be nothing short of exciting. All my fights on this character have been great. I started to invade earlier, for about 1 hour. Got about 10 invasions, and 6 souveniers. Yes, the fights lasted that long... because, like capra, I like toying with my food. xD
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:12 am

lol spoken like a true Capra
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:14 am

I went as far as giving him the matching skintone, exact one, too, plus I ALWAYS RP walk away from a win.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:28 am

M8, it's a good job you're on Xbox, otherwise I'd be running away like a pansy everytime you invaded! lol
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:41 am

Hahaha It happened earlier too! I walked calmly down the stairs in the forest, and THREE GANKERS RAN LIKE HELL. They thought I was the result of a gravelording. One fell off the edge, the other got killed by the hunters, and I chased the other towards the cats. I never even touched them.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:55 am

Pmsl, that's classic! lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 6:46 am