Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
TehInfamousAmos
ZikoLogiKa NL
cloudyeki
ROOSTER330
Extertionist
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
mugenis4real
Federally
Reaperfan
Rynn
DamageCK
15 posters

List Your Pyro Tricks.

DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

List Your Pyro Tricks. Empty List Your Pyro Tricks.

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:25 am

Been playing my pyro build all day, and it's both fun as hell and a serious challenge the way I've built this character. I went with 50 att, 2 Fire Surge, 2 GFC, 1 CGFB, Chaos Fire Whip, 2 GC. Dusk Crown/BDCR, naturally. As for gear, I went almost purely for asthetics. Why? Because why the hell not? Firstly, my skin color is blood red. Looks AWESOME as a pyromancer. Black Iron greaves, Gold Hemmed sleeves, and bare chest because I didn't want to cover up my bomb *** manly red chest, and also because I just sort of enjoy going skins lately. Anyway, while this setup looks cool as hell, it has junk defense. So it's kind of a do or die setup. Either I stomp so much *** they have to import colons from other countries just to meet the demand, or I get completely and utterly reamed.

So what I'm suggesting is that we collectively put together some pyro tricks to help myself and anyone else with a pyro build fair better in PvP.

Couple things I do are to pop off a couple Fire Surge bursts with my offhand glove, since it casts faster in the left than in the right for some reason, then immediately cast a GFB. The initial animations look almost the same, which is enough to confuse some people.

I also CGFB, then Fire Whip through the lava and GC to round it out. Really, really effective combo if ypu can get it to connect. Obviously CGFB opens up opportunities to cast Tempest in the lava, but it's not a spell that I use very often. Just not my thing.

All right. So anyone got some pyro tricks/combos to add?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

List Your Pyro Tricks. Empty Re: List Your Pyro Tricks.

Post by Rynn Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:01 am

Red Skin?
    What, does the PS3 version give you more customization?
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:03 am

I just realized you could customize stuff like that during character creation. I'm tempted to redo some of my builds just for that. Red skin looks sooo dope.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:05 am

Well I guess a relatively obvious one would be using Poison/Toxic/Acid Mists as literal smokescreens, masking your movements from the opponent such as pulling out a crossbow or starting to cast Fire Tempest without fear of being backstabbed.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:17 am

Manual aiming is important. Practice the **** out of it! Starting a fireball cast then throwing it where they're gonna roll towards really *** people up.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:22 am

Let's assume people are mostly familiar with pyro use. Manual targeting is Pyro Basics 101. Let's focus on more advanced stuff. For example, in a Sansvie vid I saw a guy cast Iron Flesh, then when he was attacked he GCed during the weapon deflection animation for massive damage. Never thought to do that.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:26 am

Don't know if it counts as a trick, but i always use my Crown Of Dusk+Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring+Power Within to get two shot kills with Great Combustion big grin
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:29 am

mugenis4real wrote:Don't know if it counts as a trick, but i always use my Crown Of Dusk+Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring+Power Within to get two shot kills with Great Combustion big grin

That sounds like a boring play style.

More advanced tactics? Well **** Damage I don't know any of those lol
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:29 am

I thought about PW, but with the super low defense stats this build has, I can't really afford any additional HP loss. It's only at 1400 and some change as it is.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:31 am

Federally wrote:
    mugenis4real wrote:Don't know if it counts as a trick, but i always use my Crown Of Dusk+Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring+Power Within to get two shot kills with Great Combustion big grin

That sounds like a boring play style.

More advanced tactics? Well **** Damage I don't know any of those lol

I don't really either, which is why I started the thread. Haha.

I'm hoping some pyro god comes along and solves all of my problems. Or I'll just play this build until I eventually become the pyro god. I'm cool with both. Haha.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:07 am

theres the glitchy firesurge, but thats a glitch. regular combustion isn't that weak and has many casts (can replace a weapon for a true pure pyro) when wearing the fog ring the dark hand is invisible and when you block it looks like the wind up for a gc cast, not sure if the pyro hand is invisible in those conditions... kicks followed by gc can be nasty... im sure every one knows you can arc the mist spells over large distances....
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:11 am

Kick to GC would be perfect if I weren't using two gloves. Maybe swap to an empty slot, kick then GC with offhand. Good call, holmes.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:16 am

DamageCK wrote:Kick to GC would be perfect if I weren't using two gloves. Maybe swap to an empty slot, kick then GC with offhand. Good call, holmes.

Go to Martyr's new thread the "Battle of the builds" and watch the video. He fights a bad *** pyromancer the whole time. Guy uses a fire buffed BSS with his pyro glove left and just kicked ***.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:22 am

I've watched it. Was it against Triple or Short Dude? I preferred Triple since Short basically just parry spams and Martyr's does nothing to punish it. I'm watching some Sansvie/DSME pyro vids and taking mental notes. Haha.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:28 am

DamageCK wrote:I've watched it. Was it against Triple or Short Dude? I preferred Triple since Short basically just parry spams and Martyr's does nothing to punish it. I'm watching some Sansvie/DSME pyro vids and taking mental notes. Haha.

Was against Tripple. The guy couldn't parry spam as he had no shield, just a flaming BSS and his pyro glove. It was pretty sick watching the guy go. He was great at quickly switching between GCs, GCF, GFB, and tempest on the fly. I was thoroughly impressed.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:30 am

This may not be advanced but if you're invading, narrow halls are your friend especially for chaos pyromancies.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:32 am

Triple is a good player. Short Dude is the one who spams parry. That's the part two in the series.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:36 am

Yes and from watching him I don't think there are many tricks for you to learn with this thread. It's simply practice manual aim, quickly changing spells and knowing when to do what.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:36 am

Probably the most important thing I've noticed so far is to arrange your slots in a way that makes sense. If you combo or lead with certain casts, put them in the correct order. And keep your toggle slots as low as possible. Having one of everything for situational purposes is great in theory, but in practice half the time you're just cycling through your slots and geting all mixed up. That's wh I just doubled up or went Chaos on all the best casts.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:38 am

And carry a flaming sword so you look like a *** badass mother ***
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:41 am

Federally wrote:Yes and from watching him I don't think there are many tricks for you to learn with this thread. It's simply practice manual aim, quickly changing spells and knowing when to do what.

For the most part you're probably right. I think it's the nuances of this playstyle that make or break it. Particularly since pretty much every cast can be BS punished. I'm going to test casting Chaos Fire Whip behind me and see how that goes. Mofo does like 1200 damage if both parts connect, and god help you if it's a critical. 1600+...
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:45 am

DamageCK wrote:Probably the most important thing I've noticed so far is to arrange your slots in a way that makes sense. If you combo or lead with certain casts, put them in the correct order. And keep your toggle slots as low as possible. Having one of everything for situational purposes is great in theory, but in practice half the time you're just cycling through your slots and geting all mixed up. That's wh I just doubled up or went Chaos on all the best casts.

Stole the words outta my mouth bro. Was just going to say, setting up your slots is super important. Ive got a pure pyro red skinned bare chested beast myself.... ive been learning to manually aim, its tough, but can work wonders.

Cranking some metal and chasing some jack*** around with manual fire surg is a blast too btw
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:51 am

Stack as much as you can! As well, any sort of cover is great to set up for 'surprise flambes' even if it's just a tree or a rock. Also, try to keep a tempest on you at all times, because sometimes you just have to let lady luck decide. That and knowing when you'll actually land it (BS-buffer zone!) is nice too.

Can't really think of any more advance stuff. Maybe later on >_>
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:57 am

cloudyeki wrote:Stack as much as you can! As well, any sort of cover is great to set up for 'surprise flambes' even if it's just a tree or a rock. Also, try to keep a tempest on you at all times, because sometimes you just have to let lady luck decide. That and knowing when you'll actually land it (BS-buffer zone!) is nice too.

Can't really think of any more advance stuff. Maybe later on >_>

I expected more from a guy whose sig suggests that pyro is the ultimate fantasy. Haha.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:06 am

ROOSTER330 wrote:
    DamageCK wrote:Probably the most important thing I've noticed so far is to arrange your slots in a way that makes sense. If you combo or lead with certain casts, put them in the correct order. And keep your toggle slots as low as possible. Having one of everything for situational purposes is great in theory, but in practice half the time you're just cycling through your slots and geting all mixed up. That's wh I just doubled up or went Chaos on all the best casts.

Stole the words outta my mouth bro. Was just going to say, setting up your slots is super important. Ive got a pure pyro red skinned bare chested beast myself.... ive been learning to manually aim, its tough, but can work wonders.

Cranking some metal and chasing some jack*** around with manual fire surg is a blast too btw

Were it not for the spacial control of FS, this build would be much, much harder to use. Unless you just run in and go apeshit with GC spam. But that's a snooze.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:18 pm