Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Azran
Extertionist
LordRevan
Motopsycho
JohnIII
9 posters

Dark Souls Sequel? Will it exist?

JohnIII
    JohnIII
    Casual
    Casual

Dark Souls Sequel? Will it exist? Empty Dark Souls Sequel? Will it exist?

Post by JohnIII Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:31 am

Now I know that this is a little early on, and that seeing that the DLC the Christmas will make it practically a new game any thoughts of a sequel are going to be far in the future, but do you think it will ever happen?

I heard somewhere that it was confirmed and that it would be called phantom souls. I heard also that From said that they weren't going to make a sequel or DLC because of glitches and some japanese honor thing, but they are making DLC so it's possible that they could make another game right?

I heard in another rumor that they said if they did make another game it would be the same difficulty as DS not harder.
    Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Souls Sequel? Will it exist? Empty Re: Dark Souls Sequel? Will it exist?

Post by Motopsycho Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:44 am

Sources?
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:45 am

lol!
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:04 am

I can tell you within a shadow of doubt that their will be a sequel.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:25 am

They've made sequels of games that sold less than Demon's Souls; of course they are going to make a DkS sequel.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:55 am

There may be a sequel, but it may be a Demon's Souls sequel instead. Sony has registered the domain name and trademark 'Forsaken Souls'. They haven't spoken a word about it but the name makes you think a new Souls game is in the future and since Sony is the one who registered it the game may be a DeS sequel since Sony owns the DeS IP. Then again its all sorculation based on one move made by Sony.

In conclusion no one knows anything and rumors run wild, all we can do is speculate. However Miyazaki (DeS and DkS director) has said he may not make another Souls game and without him I'm not sure I'd want to play it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:40 am

I really hope its not a sequel. Continue the series yes, but new world, new people, new lore.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:50 am

Federally wrote:There may be a sequel, but it may be a Demon's Souls sequel instead. Sony has registered the domain name and trademark 'Forsaken Souls'. They haven't spoken a word about it but the name makes you think a new Souls game is in the future and since Sony is the one who registered it the game may be a DeS sequel since Sony owns the DeS IP. Then again its all sorculation based on one move made by Sony.

In conclusion no one knows anything and rumors run wild, all we can do is speculate. However Miyazaki (DeS and DkS director) has said he may not make another Souls game and without him I'm not sure I'd want to play it.

Would be extremely weird for a DeS sequel considering they expanded to 360 with Dks and now are expanding to PC also. Then going back to an exclusive would lose a lot fans, it would be such a bad decision.

Also I would assume probably another spiritual sequel, not a direct sequel to DkS as I don't think that wouldn't be very good.

But currently everything is just a rumor. Don't beleieve anything you hear unless it's from a proper source. Not just "Rumors" :roll:
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Dark Souls has done so well beating all expectations, so of course there will be a sequel. I'm both excited and very, very scared of the next souls-game.
    JohnIII
    JohnIII
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JohnIII Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Motopsycho wrote:Sources?
    The Gamespot Forums
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:19 pm

JohnIII wrote:
    Motopsycho wrote:Sources?
    The Gamespot Forums

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Funniest thing i've heard all day!
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Would be a very bad idea to not take advantage of their most succesful IP.
    Heck, they made METAL WOLF CHAOS, and still went on.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:27 pm

DkS sequel is already confirmed from a number of sources. Just google it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:39 am