Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
StarbrightDS
NPCWhiteMage
6 posters

Lollipop Chainsaw

NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Lollipop Chainsaw Empty Lollipop Chainsaw

Post by NPCWhiteMage Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:40 pm

So, when I was at Bornycon in New Jersey, I decided to pick up a copy of Lollipop Chainsaw for Tara Strong to sign (The voice of Juliet from the game, and Twilight Sparkle from MLP)

I played the game over the weekend (On my friend's 360) and beat all but the last boss. I find the game to be stupid addicting (Like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta) and can't seem to put it down.

I wanted to know if anyone else has it and what they think, as well as if they have a favorite costume (the Daisy Duke one is mine for now)
    StarbrightDS
    StarbrightDS

Lollipop Chainsaw Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw

Post by StarbrightDS Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:12 pm

I saw this and was immediately turned off by it. To me, it seems like nothing but a sad attempt from the developers to garner sales by putting in a stereotypical cheerleader character in a mini skirt and calling it a game.

Sex appeal may sell, but stupidity doesn't.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:33 pm

StarbrightDS wrote:I saw this and was immediately turned off by it. To me, it seems like nothing but a sad attempt from the developers to garner sales by putting in a stereotypical cheerleader character in a mini skirt and calling it a game.

Sex appeal may sell, but stupidity doesn't.

I agree. There is a line, where horrible design choices will completely override any gameplay, no matter how good the latter is.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:42 pm

I actually like the game. I think it's refreshing and admire Suda51/Grasshopper for doing something different. With that said, I also don't think people should expect much from it aside from being entertaining and mindless fun.
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:40 pm

bunnywink wrote:I actually like the game. I think it's refreshing and admire Suda51/Grasshopper for doing something different. With that said, I also don't think people should expect much from it aside from being entertaining and mindless fun.

Exactly. The story isn't amazing, and the overall premise is kinda...non exsistant. But it is mindless fun. When I get home from a long day and Dark Souls is just too challenging and an overall thorn in my side, mindless fun brought by a cheerleader with a chainsaw destroying zombies that mutter incredibly funny lines is a great alternative
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:29 pm

I like that game type, but I'm unwilling to play bayonetta if people are around, much less lollipop chainsaw. :oops: I'm not eager to explain what I'm doing to my roommates friends.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Meh, I liked the game's premise, but to me the controls are what kills it, everything feels slow and clunky. It's like they tried to rip off Bayonetta but forgot to bring the fluidity of the controls with them.

I don't know...It's nice to see Suda51 still finding work. Shadows of the Damned was ok too I guess....I just don't think we'll ever get another Killer 7.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:49 am