Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
DoughGuy
Juutas
Dark Souls PRO
TehInfamousAmos
Noob-of-Artorias
Quarik
WyrmHero
DamageCK
cloudyeki
Tolvo
Extertionist
15 posters

What Happened?

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

What Happened? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Happened?

Post by Rynn Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:29 pm

The western mindset happened.
    I don't mean that racist or anything, we -are- more competitive then the Eastern world, and when the game went mainstream, competitive douchebaggery began. TBH, the removal of backstabs, and the removal of invasions when phantoms are present would fix nearly everything.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Well one of the balance to over powered phantoms is invaders, as well if an invader arrived before one could summon another it would mean a weak host is also subject to over powered invaders. All in all it's just always hard to balance a system.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:57 pm

And my response to the 'western' thing:

GunZ online and it's K-style!
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:36 pm

Rynn wrote:The western mindset happened.
    I don't mean that racist or anything, we -are- more competitive then the Eastern world, and when the game went mainstream, competitive douchebaggery began. TBH, the removal of backstabs, and the removal of invasions when phantoms are present would fix nearly everything.
    About the race thing. Everyone is highly competitive by nature it's just that most eastern gamers have a culture centered around honor were as the western world has the more primitive mindset of whatever it takes to win. Ideally you want a bit of both as either extreme is just bad. In the western world people who do whatever it takes to win are politicians where as in the eastern world there is a high suicide rate because honor is valued so highly.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:41 pm

Guys, don't start a race war!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:41 pm

Extertionist wrote:
    About the race thing. Everyone is highly competitive by nature it's just that most eastern gamers have a culture centered around honor were as the western world has the more primitive mindset of whatever it takes to win. Ideally you want a bit of both as either extreme is just bad. In the western world people who do whatever it takes to win are politicians where as in the eastern world there is a high suicide rate because honor is valued so highly.
    Essentially this. A nice balance is what we all need <3.
    Also, I only mentioned "race" in there as somewhat of an "inb4 racism accusations" thing.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:15 pm

DamageCK wrote:How do you take double damage from everything? You got negative defense, or somethin'?

I PvP naked, so it's practically double the usual dmg your weapon would do to your opponent.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:14 pm

I still stay in course. As a friend was playing Dark Souls, we took turn playing the game: We had a chain armoured pyromancer with cleric trouser and balder gloves, with a raw Broadsword and Blue Twin-Serpent Kite Sheild. We had fire orbs, undead rapport, great combustion, and power within.

We were helping people in Sen's for a majority of a time, while we were working on stuff; We took a turn every summon. Afterwards, we went to Anor londo and I killed the Golden Twins by myself with just the broadsword... just the broadsword. It was raw too. For the Iron Golem and Gaping Dragon, I made him kill the two by himself. He killed Gaping with a sword and fire orbs, while killed Iron Golem with just Fire Orbs.

Style vs Efficency still lives on, as long as one man still follows it.
    Dark Souls PRO
    Dark Souls PRO
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dark Souls PRO Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:18 am

Extertionist wrote:
    In my experience every Japanese person I fought is always a backstabbing ganker, (no racism intended) it's the experienced Dark Souls players who fight with honour because no backstabs or healing means more of a challenge.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:19 am

Dark Souls PRO wrote:
    Extertionist wrote:
    In my experience every Japanese person I fought is always a backstabbing ganker, (no racism intended) it's the experienced Dark Souls players who fight with honour because no backstabs or healing means more of a challenge.
    Never single out a race. Your anecdotal evidence proves nothing and there is too much probability it will be taken the wrong way.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:25 am

Look Skyward Look Skyward Look Skyward Look Skyward

A face palm for EACH of the 'region' posts.
    Dark Souls PRO
    Dark Souls PRO
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dark Souls PRO Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:27 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    Dark Souls PRO wrote:
    Extertionist wrote:
    Never single out a race. Your anecdotal evidence proves nothing and there is too much probability it will be taken the wrong way.
    As I said no racism intended. It's just that I have never had a decent duel with any one from said region, sure there are awesome players out there but I have never fought any as such so this is to counter act the whole easterners being honourable. They are just like us, they have their "I wanna win" players and they have their "With Honour" players. No different from us. (NOTE: If you don't believe I'm not racist let me say I have quite a few Japanese friends and friends from other Eastern continents, I am also currently learning Japanese.)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:30 am

As i said anecdotal evidence should never be used. Also saying "not racist" has the same feel as saying "no offence". No matter your intentions you should refrain from making such statments. We've had threads locked for the same sort of behaviour.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:49 am

cloudyeki wrote:Eh. They all burn the same, just takes a lil more fire.
    Let's give them absolute Hell to the point they'd rather kindle the flame a thousand times over, then.
    Dark Souls PRO
    Dark Souls PRO
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dark Souls PRO Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:51 am

DoughGuy wrote:As i said anecdotal evidence should never be used. Also saying "not racist" has the same feel as saying "no offence". No matter your intentions you should refrain from making such statments. We've had threads locked for the same sort of behaviour.
    Alright then, but just know I never ment any harm. Although is it still alright for someone to insult their own culture thinking it wont offend others because they're the same? Like someone said before "Westerners fight to win in a primitive way" is that still not offensive although they themselves are of Western culture. I am being serious I want to know this because I am offended by a remark as such.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:54 am

The easiest thing is just never bring up race or culture ever. That way these questions never ned to be answered.
    Dark Souls PRO
    Dark Souls PRO
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dark Souls PRO Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:57 am

Agreed
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:57 am

Unless you are talking about food, because asian food is to die for.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:01 am

I love you; no homo.

Seriously? We went to talking about efficency over style to supposed racist, culturalist, and maybe even sexist and other forms of 'ist terms and conversations. Maybe even a word we don't even know, like hetist or something like that.

To be fair, as my friend and I were playing Sen's as a level 30, we found a lot of different characters, and since we played form 10pm to 5am flat, we saw a lot of asian players, europeans, and other players while most of north america slept. They follow the same ideals as that of the rest of the world. Some follow efficency, others follow style. All the same, many from across the world follow mostly the common builds and usually never an uncommon or rare one. Most had havel armour in NG, as well as other armours I should not have seen... at all.

From those people who follow efficency by BB glitching, I have found that they are generally terrible and stupid. It is not an insult more so than fact, but I am for both: I found a guy that looked like he had no idea where he was going in the Fortress at all, and at one point another had trouble going past bolders. Even more so, there was a few that use movesets that were terrible. I helped many of these, and i fought a few. Although a good amount killed me, I killed a few as well with a Raw Broadsword... before that my character had Cloth armour and Gravelord Sword. It's terrible. I have no idea why some of them are confused as to where to go in Sen's, when they would have to pass it in order to get the armour and weapons they have on them... I even found one that was wearing Gwyn's Armour.

I helped a guy that I did not expect to be in NG+, and is the only guy in NG+ I helped: A Wanderer with Gargoyle Halberd. I jumped to kill the titanite Demon... only to be greeted with confusion and strain of doing jack to it. I got summoned again, and helped him go all the way to the Boss with him. I did better than the better prepared phantom he summoned that died by a snake, while I was repeatedly parrying, stabing, kicking, and using the environment to kill them. I got use to kicking the Cobra by the Dart Trap down to his death.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 am

Betch you won't say that if you ever saw filipino food, Tolvo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:24 am