Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
DxV04
TehInfamousAmos
befowler
Jovias-86
Juutas
Carphil
sinisterapathy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
DoughGuy
cloudyeki
billy_bayonet
15 posters

Dragons roar (not complaining about it just some useful infomation for you all)

befowler
    befowler

Dragons roar (not complaining about it just some useful infomation for you all) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragons roar (not complaining about it just some useful infomation for you all)

Post by befowler Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:29 pm

These are mid 50s level chars in Anor Londo so I don't have the stats for the dragonslayer bow. Suppose I could make another one, I guess. I've also taken to rushing dragonoids since I don't really have a choice anymore if I want a chance at a successful run. But even then they often get the glitch off, particularly if you don't know what direction they might appear from, and they encounter the host first.

The sort of amusing thing is that I know the names of most of the regular invaders who use it now, and they're terrible in regular PvP even by my mediocre standards. This glitch really is the last refuge of a scoundrel, and definitely makes me assume any dragonoid I see is a cheater (even though there are a few that aren't and are quite good).
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dragons roar (not complaining about it just some useful infomation for you all) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragons roar (not complaining about it just some useful infomation for you all)

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:40 pm

you dont need the stats to be able to fire it though man, it wont do any damage but itll still knock em down, its kinda fitting, dragon.....dragonslayer bow........am i getting a connection
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:01 pm

Hmm, I'll try that. I do recall there being a nasty stagger/recoil effect if you lack the stats for the bow, but maybe it's shorter than their knockdown. Thanks!
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:06 pm

just swap it for a weapon straight away, if your co-oping and your host isnt a numpty then you could easily have them rush the dragon while you wait, i am going to create my Dragon slayer vid once ive finished the Wrath of the Gods series, just so people can learn how best to combat them because they are catching on also some Forest Ganking squads have dragons in there, sometimes 3 of them, i also wanna see what happens if you two dragons do the roar on each other, but i think fighting fire with fire will never stamp it out, if the whole community knows how to drop these assholes they will move on big grin
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Do you think a forward+r2 jump attack would work? I'm pretty sure it's an invincibility frame while you're in the air.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:43 pm

First off, things you should look for: Crest Shield,Dragon head/body,Pyro glove(off hand),opponent turning their back to you once they get close.

The pyro glove is if they are doing the spell swap rather then the dragon body glitch(no dragon head/body needed,can be hard to predict). Mainly for the Roar Spam or the posion knives ext, just look for a dragon body/head and a crest shield. If they have those things dont give them even a second to act. Too bad for the players who are not glitching that use that stuff i guess.... As for protecting noob hosts, good luck! silly
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:08 pm

from my experience all attacks go trough the roar. But they can use it way to fast when they’re glitching.

You can also use dung pies. Dragons have (practically) no resistances so the first pie will poison them. Use the environment to your advantage, since they walk really slow you can outrun them easily. And if you’re cooping try to run to the fog gate, if the dragon wants to follow you it has to stop the glitch, might be hard to get the host to follow you though. If they’re spamming knives you can just lock off and zigzag roll to them, works most of the time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:35 pm