Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Darkson
swordiris
Ghadis_God
russiannightmare
Carphil
DamageCK
WyrmHero
Tolvo
TehInfamousAmos
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
Zodiaxel
16 posters

Lag stabbing..... yeah i know *rolls eyes

Zodiaxel
    Zodiaxel
    Casual
    Casual

Lag stabbing..... yeah i know *rolls eyes Empty Lag stabbing..... yeah i know *rolls eyes

Post by Zodiaxel Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Just making this because of all the lagstabbing going on, it seems 2 be getting worse for me, u name it, its happened to me. i feel like crying in a corner......... is there anything i can do, or do i just soldier on? 😕
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Lag stabbing..... yeah i know *rolls eyes Empty Re: Lag stabbing..... yeah i know *rolls eyes

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Firstly test your net to see whats going on. You might be able to play around with your router, switch it from NAT3 to MAT1 if possible, which will speed your connection up reducing lag. Then you really just have ot leanr the signs, watch out for people going for it. Find someone to practice barefisted or with a +0 weapon. Duell them and have them occasionally go for a lagstab. Its a learning process.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Lag stabbing..... yeah i know *rolls eyes Empty Re: Lag stabbing..... yeah i know *rolls eyes

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Learn to adapt to the lag better.. My connection is awful, but because of this when I play others who usually have a better connection, I get upper hand of being used to it.. I think it may be your connection is screwing up a little?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Unfortunately lag-stabbing is a viable tactic in pvp - it is able to be countered I may inform you but it can be a pain to learn how to counter them. I would suggest perhaps making a use of the mechanic to teach yourself how it works and then you can find better ways to counter it. winking Welcome to the forums, nice avatar.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Also it would help to practice counter BS with a friend. You can use just fist, but have your friend try to BS fish you can just move around, get a feel for what goes on. When they try to circle around back step and watch as they go after an invisible target, you on their screen. Try and backstab them as they do this to counter theirs, either cancelling it or letting you deal some damage. As well if you ever seem them run at you or move erratically, get ready to roll and try and turn the tables with a BS of your own. It's a simple but effective way to practice combating Lagstabs.
    Zodiaxel
    Zodiaxel
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Zodiaxel Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks guys! GOD i love this forum
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:51 pm

2 posts and you're hooked?

That's a pretty good success rate.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 pm

This forum has the success rate of crack. I think we need a flag.
    Zodiaxel
    Zodiaxel
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Zodiaxel Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm

i havent been a member long but iv been reading stuff on it 4 months! ^_^
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm

You should go to Acidic's thread about getting the lurkers to post then. Even if the thread isn't he cause, he might appreciate some feedback on that haha.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Zodiaxel wrote:i havent been a member long but iv been reading stuff on it 4 months! ^_^

WOW go and tell cook you're joining in, one of the lurkers has fallen twisted
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi Zodia :p
    Zodiaxel
    Zodiaxel
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Zodiaxel Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:45 pm

HI! ^_^
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Myissue with the term "lagstabbing" is that it implies it's some intentionally employed method or technique. It's not.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:01 am

Welcome to the forums! (as a member lol)

I agree with @DamageCk

You will find out that people has made various backstabing techniques (Counter BS, Pvot BS, roll BS) but the term "Lagstab" is not one of them.

Of course most people sometimes try to "fish" for a backstab, but when you can't see them behind you and then it happens, its because of connection range or maybe poor internet.
    Zodiaxel
    Zodiaxel
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Zodiaxel Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:08 am

lol, i am aware of all of this, in fact i never blamed anybody of intentionly doing it, i simply stated that it was happening alot and whether or not there was a way to counter it! AND thankyou for the warm welcome guys! ^_^
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:12 am

Yeah, what I was saying was really just a general comment about lagstabbing/lagstabber gripes. I realized you made the distinction though. Haha.

And welcome, my man. Hope you stick around.
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:47 am

I understand your gripe. I've been on both ends of it. Lately I've been accused of it more often when on my screen I am in the right place to pull off the BS and am unable to see what the other player sees on their screen. Now some people like to simply accuse the victorious of lagstabbing because its an easy cop out to blame your opponent of abusing the lag when in reality in my experience I'm in the right place. Now I've sent "sorry" PM's to my opponent when we're both teleporting around the screen and I win because I'll even admit it was unfair and I just happened to be the lucky one that comes out victorious. But short of that it is simply part of the game and isn't going to go away.

Sorry for the rant just been getting accused of it a lot when I'm the host and if not for some one hosting then there would be no one to invade just something to remember. Anyways welcome to the forums. I tend to lurk a lot without posting unless I have something to say.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:08 am

It's not super hard to get a counter bs, lots of people I fight are really susceptible to it. I don't even like to bs as often as I do sometimes but when people leave themselves that open to it I can't resist. When they're circling you and you circle back, both of you, say, going to your respective lefts, change direction when they start getting closer to you and you can end up behind them.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:14 am

I bet if Backstabs hitbox was like Demon's Souls it would happen much less
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:50 am

DamageCK wrote:Myissue with the term "lagstabbing" is that it implies it's some intentionally employed method or technique. It's not.

You are basically right, it's the game's and/or the connection's fault after all. Though on the other hand you can't tell me that people aren't aware of the fact that lag makes/can make it easier to get a backstab. :roll: But the point is that everyone has to take it as it is anyway during battle. You can't control it. If the connection is bad then it's bad, it doesn't mean that you and your enemy are supposed to move extra slow and be extra predictable.

Though I really hate constant backstab fishing.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:58 am

The bottom line is people aren't saying "okay, I'm going to lagstab this guy now." It's not something either player can control. And in reality, every attack lags. Obviously people gripe more about backstabs because of the damage, but the point is, apart from lag switchers, people aren't consciously manipulating lag to win fights.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:04 am

Its all about judging lag correctly, that alone will win fights.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:27 am

Actually damage, I consistently lagstab intentionally, though I do that in the forest. It's pretty easy to charge an opponent and land one with a pivot, or counter a pivot if you know how the connection is. So yes there are individuals that totally take advantage of it, it's just usually on your end you can't tell if the other person was trying to abuse or just took an opening and BS'ed you.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:36 am

How is it any different from just BSing then? I mean, essentially you can't confirm that your BS lagged on their end, so it's basically just a BS? Maybe you know something I don't? Explain, good sir.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:57 am