Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
swordiris
DamageCK
JoeBroski09
sinisterapathy
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
Bcc17
Terminus
12 posters

level cap for invading, wtf man?

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

level cap for invading, wtf man? - Page 2 Empty Re: level cap for invading, wtf man?

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:14 pm

As long as you don't just gank them with Hornet Ring BS'es, because it will sort of cause them to believe all hosts can be like that, and give up on PvP.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

level cap for invading, wtf man? - Page 2 Empty Re: level cap for invading, wtf man?

Post by DamageCK Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm not summoning anybody. I'm going to stand there and wait to be griefed. And then I'm going to grief back. Hopefully by the same pool of griefers over and over, so eventually they'll move on. I'm relying heavily on griefers being generally less skilled in PvP, and I'd bet money that people who PvP in what is essentially god mode wont know what to do when they start taking damage.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Yeah most of them really have no clue what they are doing, even on my Co-Op toons when they can kill me in one shot, I can manage to parry riposte them enough for a kill. But ug, the ones with DB's, those are the worst.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:29 pm

I've got those too. Haha. Stunlock will take care of those mugs.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:56 pm

I have to disagree about how much it effects low lvl pvp. I think it effects low lvl co op more then anything. I found out about the bb glitch because i played through the game low lvl and had elemental weapons ext. We all know they arent THAT hard to get. Griefing would still happen, just less then it does now. Its the people who bb glitch and co op that cause the most harm, imo. Most of them couldnt make it through the game low lvl if their life depended on it. So they bb glitch gear and ruin all the starting areas for new players by just running through OHKO everything.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Yeah. Just to be clear, guys, that's not at all what i plan to do.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Join the way of the white.

Greatly decreases your chances of being invaded.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:18 pm

That's the opposite of what I want. I'm antigriefing, which is slamming the griefers who are trying to poop on new/low level players, only they get me instead.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:17 pm

To be honest with you guys I do coop in every area of the game. So when I coop in the Burg I only use a +0 longsword.
    Since I don't know how to BB glitch and I don't intend to learn how I get griefed with the host too. I try to keep him alive and deplete the griefer's health as much as I can but it is ridiculous the damage I do to them, like 20 points per slash and 50 points per backstab. Some of them even just stand there taking hits and then you get OHKO.
    The thing that come's up to my mind is... How many souls he can get for that... 200 souls??? 500 tops with me and the host killed plus 1 humanity?
    Where is the fun in that?
    I really pitty them.
    Now just imagine, if I get fed up with this crap, what does that do to new players that are forced to play hollow so don't they get griefed? Goodbye coop.
    By the way. I am not against low level invasions if they are on par with the gear, even the skill is way superior, but atleast they feel they have a chance to win, which make a lot of difference.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:23 pm

The real best way to combat it is for the host to run straight for the fog gate, while the summon tries to hold off the invader. Though new players won't know this, as well sometimes the invader might get by or they can spawn in the way of the fog gate.

They'd get somewhere around 450 souls, it would give them more souls to just kill the Hollows in the area.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:16 pm

Actually Tolvo, yesterday I was cooping at the Parish, and we just had freed Lautec and I took him to the loot on the left side of the stairs leading to tge gargoyles.
    So I heard the invasion sound and stood om the left room and the host got the idea. I knew the Invader was going to spwan by the fog gate and rush down in orther to dispatch us and he did. Hopefully he didn't see us qnd I ran to the Fog gate and the host understood that we were not going to fight him but actually we were fleeing from him...
    It was kind of fun though...
    Invader, well you know, the typical mask, ornstein armor, greatsword user
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:05 am

Lately I've been seeing a lot of them with the Black Iron armor. And it kind of sucks to have to run from them, but sometimes it can be a bit fun to play a game of cat and mouse even if you are the mouse.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:09 am

A fun way to antigrief is to run around with zero souls.

even if they do win you get the final laugh
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:11 am

The amount of souls they get is based off of how many souls it takes for you to level, not how many you are carrying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:21 am