Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

WoW style pvp arena in new dlc?

Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

WoW style pvp arena in new dlc? Empty WoW style pvp arena in new dlc?

Post by Robotech Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:45 pm

i wish they included this in the potential dlc, complete with rankings, special pvp weapons/armor, 1v1 or 2v2 - 3v3 teams and lag free and also players to have the option to switch invasions on/off as they please.

so that all the freaking grieferes, moders, cheaters and glitchers play there 24/7 and let me enjoy my coop pve in peaceWoW style pvp arena in new dlc? 639795459 vereor nox
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

WoW style pvp arena in new dlc? Empty Re: WoW style pvp arena in new dlc?

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:54 pm

98% certain there will be no dlc for dark souls. you paid for the whole game not 1/3rd of it. this isnt an ea game. read the dlc thing on n4g or possibly gamespot, it was pre-release though so i cant be sure
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:59 pm

i cant disagree with you, it is unlikely there will be a dlc i'm sure

so lets say that it is a general idea i have about something i wish the game had as i see ppl are discussing possible changes in various topics anyway.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Definitely no PvP arena, would ruin the point of invasions being involuntary and to just make your life even more difficult.

And this is coming from a guy who coops A LOT, I just think a PvP arena would destroy ideals that are central to the online aspect.
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Definitely no PvP arena, would ruin the point of invasions being involuntary and to just make your life even more difficult.

And this is coming from a guy who coops A LOT, I just think a PvP arena would destroy ideals that are central to the online aspect.

then invaders should stop complayning about being ganged because i dont see any ideal in lvl 10's with max chaos weapons and hornet ring one shoting players with begining gear in burg who have unwrapped the game a couple of hours earlier.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:26 pm

lol yeah i know, but fact is they expect everyone in the kiln to be 1 on 1 (even if they invade a guy doing a boss run XD)

I think ganking is bad if they sit and wait, thats just abuse of online feature, ganking a guy in the way of the boss to me is perfectly fine, though as a phantom i do as told lol, no matter what they want me to do.

The thing that pisses me off same as you is griefers. They are ridiculous, as are super equipped sunbros, it ruins the part of the early game before blighttown having these guys maxed out floating around..

Last edited by Serious_Much on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 pm

i'm going to assume that wasn't trolling and explain that the forest, kiln, and painted world are pvp hotspots and the invaders there are usually looking for honest 1v1 fights as are many hosts who hang out there. the complaint is when hosts and their 2 phantoms wait there to be invaded, then gank the invader in an unbalanced fight. its called farming and its worse than standard honorless invasions because those can be avoided all together while if you're looking for honest duels theres no way to avoid the farmers.
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:42 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:i'm going to assume that wasn't trolling and explain that the forest, kiln, and painted world are pvp hotspots and the invaders there are usually looking for honest 1v1 fights as are many hosts who hang out there. the complaint is when hosts and their 2 phantoms wait there to be invaded, then gank the invader in an unbalanced fight. its called farming and its worse than standard honorless invasions because those can be avoided all together while if you're looking for honest duels theres no way to avoid the farmers.

so if honorable 1v1 is what you want, wouldn't you like to have an arena where you get a guaranteed gang-free fair duel every time and with a much reduced downtime between invasions also (since pvpers would not spread across the various areas)?
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:01 pm

Just because a game gets dlc doesn't mean it wasn't complete. DLC helps keep a game fresh and helps keep ppl playing said game longer, not that ppl r haveing problems putting loads of time into dks. Ill take more dks in any way.
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:14 pm

the game is complete allright but unfortunately they left too many windows for everyone to abuse online play heavily... i think this should be corrected as it ruins all the fun.
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:17 pm

Very true, but come on u can say it wouldn't be awsome to have new **** added to the game?
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:21 pm

Deadmeat95 wrote:Very true, but come on u can say it wouldn't be awsome to have new **** added to the game?

ofcourse! i have already mentioned in other topics that imo the game is a very good experience but ...small
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Bigger then demons souls I believe, at least this one seems longer.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:01 am

wasn't dlc something about forest of darkness, artorias fell to dark and all his stuff is in the forest (his puppy, his sword his crest etc) so the dlc may open up an area thats a cross between newlondo and darkroot or they may just add back in the shiva quest that was taken out.(shiva goes nuts if he see' chaos blade etc.)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:30 am

Deadmeat95 wrote:Just because a game gets dlc doesn't mean it wasn't complete. DLC helps keep a game fresh and helps keep ppl playing said game longer, not that ppl r haveing problems putting loads of time into dks. Ill take more dks in any way.
    thats why i mentioned ea specifically, they have a habit of making you pay extra for things you shouldn't have to, i can see the scissor maks in dragon age. my point was an arena, if included, should have been in the game in the first place. and if it was added as dlc instead i would be angry. now a new area/ quest that takes 10 hours to get through the first time, i could get behind. its moot though because i swear to you i read a statement by from that said no dlc

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:23 pm