Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
reim0027
dancash1808
Dominikov
7 posters

DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you?

Poll

What do you think of this build?

[ 2 ]
    DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you? I_vote_lcap22%DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you? I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 2 ]
    DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you? I_vote_lcap22%DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you? I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 2 ]
    [ 1 ]
    DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you? I_vote_lcap11%DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you? I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 2 ]
    [ 0 ]
    DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you? I_vote_lcap0%DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you? I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you? Empty DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you?

Post by Dominikov Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:45 pm

DEX Build (Melee Only)

If you've seen me post before, then you might realize that I made a new account. silly

I took out the underscore because 1) it looked ugly and 2) it was annoying having to remember to include it when I logged in.

lol!

Anyways, enough about me! On to the build I made!

I created this build with the inspiration for a pure melee build. I don't like pyro/spell/miracle switching and buffing all that much so I was looking to make a DEX Build that can survive without the help of pyros/spells/miracles. This is what I was able to come up with.

I forgot to mention! This build was revolved around the Balder Side Sword and the Silver Knight Spear!

❤ BSS & SKS ❤

You can view the build >>> HERE <<<

CREDITS (in no particular order):

Dominikov

WyrmHero

Shungi
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you? Empty Re: DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you?

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:16 pm

http://tinyurl.com/cgecufu I made it ugly. I also dropped 40 soul levels though silly I quite like the build but I feel like something should be done with those levels other than all that vit above 50... dabble in pyro maybe?

Just read your post above. in which case.... http://tinyurl.com/d7z8uj2
    this time it isnt entirely ugly I dont think....
    reim0027
    reim0027

DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you? Empty Re: DEX Build - I think it looks pretty good - how about you?

Post by reim0027 Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:37 pm

I like it. I would drop vitality and add a little endurance. Change your armor so you have at least 56 poise. That'll prevent stunlocking from greatswords (can escape after the first hit). That BSS counter with Leo really packs a punch.

BTW, welcome to the forums.
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:46 pm

dancash1808 wrote:http://tinyurl.com/cgecufu I made it ugly. I also dropped 40 soul levels though silly I quite like the build but I feel like something should be done with those levels other than all that vit above 50... dabble in pyro maybe?

Just read your post above. in which case.... http://tinyurl.com/d7z8uj2
    this time it isnt entirely ugly I dont think....

Thanks for the advice. I'm not too hip on the whole pyros thing though, but I see you corrected yourself. If I make ask, why do you prefer SL 80? I would like to stick with SL 120 because that's the average PvP level.

The 50+ vit was a last minute thing. I made my character and gave him the perfect amount of end to hold that armor without spending 1 point extra. You can say I'm very conservative.

lol!

Also, the 45 dex, I'm pretty sure 40 -> 45 isn't a significant enough scale to bump it up to 45. All it does is increase casting time, which I won't be doing as a pure melee.

I have to say though, the armor combinations you gave me both hit the 53 poise breakup and I've never seen those combinations. I'll definitely have to keep those in mind. A friend suggested the MotM/Black Knight/Giant/Black Knight and I thought it looked cool so I try to incorporate it into all my builds now lol. It hits the 53 poise breakup perfectly.

Thanks for all the help, I'll definitely take your advice and reevaluate the 50+ vit.

Dominikov king
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:50 pm

reim0027 wrote:I like it. I would drop vitality and add a little endurance. Change your armor so you have at least 56 poise. That'll prevent stunlocking from greatswords (can escape after the first hit). That BSS counter with Leo really packs a punch.

BTW, welcome to the forums.

Ahh! Is 56 the breakup for greatswords? I know that 53 is the breakup for the Clay, or so I've heard.

Do you possibly have any recommendations for armor?

I'm going to play around with this build and I'll post another link in a reply, do you think you could critique it when I'm finished XD?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Here's where I go to choose armor. It is immensely helpful. http://www.raymondhill.net/darksouls/darksouls-armor-calc.php

Definitely play around with it and repost your results.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:23 am

reim0027 wrote:Here's where I go to choose armor. It is immensely helpful. http://www.raymondhill.net/darksouls/darksouls-armor-calc.php

Definitely play around with it and repost your results.

Yeah that site is pretty good.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:24 am

56 poise is the sweet spot of the greatsword's sprinting R1, which is the 360 attack. The build looks good, it's simple yet powerful.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:26 am

*Off Topic* ....First time being ganked in the Burg D:
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:02 am

WyrmHero wrote:56 poise is the sweet spot of the greatsword's sprinting R1, which is the 360 attack. The build looks good, it's simple yet powerful.

Thanks for the heads up! I messed with the build and that armor website kept giving me multiple combinations of Giants Armor and Black Iron Armor.

I changed the vit to 54 and the end to 55 and it came up with the best armor being:

Black Iron/Giant/Giant/Giant

89 Poise XD
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:12 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2942685083695852

How does this look ^^

I took 4 points from vit and gave them to end, and then I swapped out the Giant Gauntlets for Havel's Gauntlets. Please let me know what you think and if you have some recommendations for armor with 56+ poise please do tell! Thanks everyone!

Dom king
    Shungi
    Shungi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Shungi Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:42 am

Heres what I personally would do, http://tinyurl.com/bl78c9t .

I never go above 50 in Vit considering how little its giving you after that. In this case I rather put the points in End to be able to use something in off-hand and play around with armor choices. The black knight armor isnt exactly the best poise/weight armor but it seems to me that you like it and then its ofc what you should use.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:14 am

120 is the most common pvp level but 80 is also used.... you just get more bang for your buck so to speak.... at 80 silly
    this maybe for anti UGS poise? http://tinyurl.com/cackoa9

Or this for the ugliest vit stack ever silly
    http://tinyurl.com/d7fq3v2
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:38 am

You should cap vit to 50 and lower your dex why? Cause
    When u spread the point between str and dex you get more dmg than only all the points in dex. Trust me. You can add and spread the points to see with have de most dmg.
    And some extra points in end for the 56 poise
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:34 am

above 40 dex an S scaling is about worth an E in strength green is right silly
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:48 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2623588923559790

^^ Made it to where I can perfectly fit a falch in my off-hand. I like the falch's simple off-hand swing and the ability to parry. What about this? :S
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:52 pm

IDK, looks good to me. Everyone will want to tweak it to meet their playstyle and build ideas. But, that is a solid build, good poise, good defense, and good weapons. I'd leave it as it is and start playing.
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:00 pm

reim0027 wrote:IDK, looks good to me. Everyone will want to tweak it to meet their playstyle and build ideas. But, that is a solid build, good poise, good defense, and good weapons. I'd leave it as it is and start playing.

Sorry for the annoyance 😢

I've just seen some of the best Dark Souls PvPers on this forum and I want to learn and hopefully someday have people asking me for my advice xD

I think that post from a few minutes ago will be my official build.

I have the game for PS3, XBL, and possibly purchasing for PC. I just recently bought my Xbox copy so I wanted to make a good build prior to starting. I'm hoping to punish some XBL players who maybe didn't get the sweet taste of Demon's Souls twisted

Thanks for all of your guy's help and thank you very much reim! I'll make the build on both consoles and we shall fight someday! Thanks for the welcome to the server btw.

PSN: Dominikov_

Yes, there is an underscore at the end xD
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Heh. intent to punish xbox players now are we winking well I dont know about being among the best but I should be able to give you a match or two when you get your build up and running
    GT: dancash1808
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Annoyance? No. This is exactly what we are here for. Post your builds and get some suggestions. The point I was trying to make is you'll always get tweaking suggestions and people will rarely agree on the fine details.

Even once you have a good stable build, you'll still get tweaking suggestions. We all have different ideas on the perfect build, stat allotment, etc. But, when there are glaring problems (like 22 att) or Vit wasting in lieu of more endurance for better armor, we usually agree on that.
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:25 pm

reim0027 wrote:Annoyance? No. This is exactly what we are here for. Post your builds and get some suggestions. The point I was trying to make is you'll always get tweaking suggestions and people will rarely agree on the fine details.

Even once you have a good stable build, you'll still get tweaking suggestions. We all have different ideas on the perfect build, stat allotment, etc. But, when there are glaring problems (like 22 att) or Vit wasting in lieu of more endurance for better armor, we usually agree on that.

Thanks for "clearing my conscience" I guess I would say? lol?

I just felt like kind of a pester and I don't want/try to be.

Really appreciate all of your help reim! You're awesome!

dancash1808 wrote:Heh. intent to punish xbox players now are we well I dont know about being among the best but I should be able to give you a match or two when you get your build up and running
    GT: dancash1808

I like to punish the ones who never played Demon's Souls xD I will definitely add you on XBL! We can get some matches in twisted

XBL: Brawler0678

Yes, it's different than my PSN happy
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:47 pm

I never did play demon souls winking
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:30 pm

dancash1808 wrote:I never did play demon souls winking

Ahh I can hear Maiden in Black already...

"Bring me more souls, Slayer of Demons."

-----

Oh wait... You don't know who she is, do you?

lol!

Just kidding, but I still really wanna go a few rounds!

Gonna make my character tonight

I shall strike when you least expect it xD

Add me, XBL: Brawler0678
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:39 pm

I do know who she is silly and I shall add you tomorrow winking
    Dominikov
    Dominikov

Post by Dominikov Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:51 pm

dancash1808 wrote:I do know who she is silly and I shall add you tomorrow winking

Haha sounds good bro. It will be fun.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:54 am