Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Darkson
User
Loken
cloudyeki
swordiris
9 posters

Dark Sign.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dark Sign. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Sign.

Post by User Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:56 pm

There once was a bishop and a smith; The smith became a Lord and fell, while the bishop had fallen and became chained. The mother of the God of War has disappeared, and the Lord of Cinder sacrificed to fight the chaos. With the lack of control in Lordran, chaos ensued and everyone was targeted. Those who once worked for the Great Lord are seen as enemies, as they follow the trend of Order. Men that had Will of Steel fall into deception are are forever cursed and broken.

The world of Lordran seems to follow a trend of Lies and Falls. Creatures of Power try to gain hold of a world that lacks Sunlight, and the player chooses the paths that lack Sunlight in the end.

You are in a world of Dark and fading Fire. The difference between the upcoming Age of Dark and the Age of Dark before was the Sunlight that now lacks in the world. The fate of the world is such, and no matter what path is taken everyone falls. Even the greatest of Lords.

Perhaps if someone were to take the Throne of Sunlight, with a being that is strong enough to hold it as Gwyn was, then perhaps the fate of Dark and Fire can be removed and the Sunlight can save the world from Descending.

It is interesting, as people who are selfish and cruel are okay with the world, while those with good intent suffer no matter what. It's a sad story of the Ascending and Descending, and the inevitable Fall. Perhaps if there was no Chaos, if the witch of Izalith did not create the Bizarro version of the First Flame, such fate would not be as it were. However as Chaos and Disparity exist, everything falls apart in ruins... Now it seems that war is gone in Lordran, and now only the Chosen Undead fight within the ruins of the land of lords... Only Seath and Velka shows signs of interaction at all. Nito, God of War, The Four Kings, and other creatures and Lords do not seem to try to rival against the Spawns of Chaos. Only Velka and Seath, and creatures who hold dear onto them including Gwyndolin and other creatures.

It's Funny, the Masks of Nito tell a story of the Firstborn, Gwyn, and the Mother of the Child. The Young was Naive, the Old was Strong, and the Mother was Caring... An odd way of seeing things in general. I find it also funny that above anything the only thing that rivals the Chaos in terms of control and power is a Scaleless Dragon spared by Gwyn. Sad how such a creature went wrong from the lack of Scales and descended to Madness

Hm...
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:08 pm

I'm sorry, I fell into thought again. Yes, I believe in Fate in this game, this game implies it well here. I wish I know what they want to try to show you is aiming for. People in Lordran hollow and fall, especially those of fate (yet to see one of intelligence fall to hollowment... Even Logan takes a Mildred path when he fights the player, not hollow). The Clerics, the Knight of Astora, Rhea, and others can fall into hollowment, including those who lack both such as the Pyromancer, Crestfallen Knight, and other people. Intelligence seems to be a savior from hollowment, and the fates seem to hurt the other more than those of Intelligence... Even Carim creatures such as Lautrec and Catarine creatures such as Sigmeyer are accepting and faithful the entire way and never fall until death.

Funny, the two knights are the only fateful beings that stay sane the entire way and stay strong. They seem like a lesser version of Gwyn in a way. Their two different cultures have such mystery...

I wish I knew more to answer questions of my own. I want to know more.... Now I am rambling again. I'll post it anyways. Maybe people won't stop searching if they know I never did. I just stopped posting my findings... It became too hard.

sad
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Everything is meant to fall and is stuck in a loop.
    No matter what ending you chosed, the "good" or "bad" one, it will always lead to the beginning and nothing will be changed, besides the stronger enemies and the increase of souls they hold.
    Which is kinda disappointing, is it really your fate to be sent in pilgrimage and reach nothing over and over? Or there's something else, yet undiscovered, which would contradicts to the fate way?

What is interesting for me is that i have 2 and a half full playthroughs and none of any NPC have gone hollow. Every hostile encounter i had with them, they were all human.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:32 pm

You'll see it in their flesh; like the chosen undead, NPC players lack the hollow Darksign eyes that the hostile hollows have in general... Unless you attack them ad human intentionally. For example, when meeting the crestfallen warrior in New Londo, his face will be that of a hollow.

However as I have yet to see you play, I can't tell as of why you never met a hollow.

I hope that we are wrong Diana... I want to bring some sunlight in the endless nights one way or another.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:59 pm

I'm actually hopefull, as i said before, i'm waiting for the dlc...
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:12 pm

As am I happy
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanked you Acidic. The lore on page 1 was very helpful.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:42 pm

I hope it was. Good luck in your pilgrimage.
    Tzai
    Tzai
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tzai Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Remember that everyone's world is not connected in a traditional sense. Just because they appear in your world doesn't mean that they particularly belonged there in the first place. Think of them as phantoms, They invaded your world and for some reason is more tethered there than normal. Upon killing them, however, all you did was sever your connection with them and sent them back to their own world. That's why they fade away like a normal player phantom does.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:50 am