Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
zzombieboy
Carphil
Rifter7
Noob-of-Artorias
DoughGuy
Ghadis_God
Wilkinson3424
Gaxe
WyrmHero
ithunktwice
14 posters

Is the Darkmoon Bow any good?

lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is the Darkmoon Bow any good? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is the Darkmoon Bow any good?

Post by lorenzo110 Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:24 pm

And what I was saying that your not restricted by your build. Becuase remember 120 characters are build specific. For the most part. Up here you have more options available to you. Your not stuck with just pyromancy or faith because your maxed at both. I wish before people stop discounting the 710 level that they would at least speak from experiance and create a 710 character. That way at least they would be speaking from experiance. I on the other hand have the knowledge of playing both SLs. Again its only my opin and preference that I say I prefer 700 SL. I find it more challenging. Again just my opin
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:20 am

lorenzo110 wrote:And what I was saying that your not restricted by your build. Becuase remember 120 characters are build specific. For the most part. Up here you have more options available to you. Your not stuck with just pyromancy or faith because your maxed at both. I wish before people stop discounting the 710 level that they would at least speak from experiance and create a 710 character. That way at least they would be speaking from experiance. I on the other hand have the knowledge of playing both SLs. Again its only my opin and preference that I say I prefer 700 SL. I find it more challenging. Again just my opin
    Like Carphil already said, at max level pretty much every build will still be the same. Full havel's/giant's, family mask, dwgr, probably hornet ring or rofap, gsoa, and gcs. Because everyone's stats are the exact same, whoever swings first basically wins.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:11 am

Not true ithunktwice. I have been hit first alot up here and have come out on top many more times then i can count. Again unless you have a character up here you really have no idea how much the difference is then playing down at 120. I have seen a person win a battle with 5 hp left while the person he fought was maxed out. Do any of those making the assertions that 700 soul level is basically a first hit win level even have a 700 toon up here? Have you at all even experianced game play up here then the comfy 120 or 200 SL? Inquiring minds wanna know where this wealth of vast information on the 700 sl comes from. Because I'm pretty sure no one would spout false information before actually experiancing the game play first. Thats like basically saying the new batman movie was horrible without even seeing it at all. I would hope before a player speaks they have the experiance and knowledge to back up their claims. I speak from the experiance of actually playing up here. Its no joke and not for the weak because it is extremely challenging. This comes from playing through all soul levels and completing the game 15 times and gaining platinum and deciding to stay up here at the highest level. Each level can be difficult and have its pros and cons but make no mistake from an experianced player in this game 700 sl is more difficult then some may make it out to be. And most of those claiming its not have never fought up here at all because I would know. Again just my opin.....and it is what it is.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:18 am

lorenzo110 wrote:Not true ithunktwice. I have been hit first alot up here and have come out on top many more times then i can count. Again unless you have a character up here you really have no idea how much the difference is then playing down at 120. I have seen a person win a battle with 5 hp left while the person he fought was maxed out. Do any of those making the assertions that 700 soul level is basically a first hit win level even have a 700 toon up here? Have you at all even experianced game play up here then the comfy 120 or 200 SL? Inquiring minds wanna know where this wealth of vast information on the 700 sl comes from. Because I'm pretty sure no one would spout false information before actually experiancing the game play first. Thats like basically saying the new batman movie was horrible without even seeing it at all. I would hope before a player speaks they have the experiance and knowledge to back up their claims. I speak from the experiance of actually playing up here. Its no joke and not for the weak because it is extremely challenging. This comes from playing through all soul levels and completing the game 15 times and gaining platinum and deciding to stay up here at the highest level. Each level can be difficult and have its pros and cons but make no mistake from an experianced player in this game 700 sl is more difficult then some may make it out to be. And most of those claiming its not have never fought up here at all because I would know. Again just my opin.....and it is what it is.

Honestly though, there is NO reason to goto SL700. I myself prefer SL80. What's the point in SL700 tell me that.
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:23 am

Gaxe I just noticed your negative rep... lol!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:29 am

Well he enjoys high SL PvP, I for one have not experienced it, so I can only say opinions based on numbers of the stats of builds. I agree that SL 120 or less is more challenging, because you have to sacrifice Vit or End in order to be powerful. It creates a diversity of builds. SL 700 builds can have anything, but they can as well be diverse. Anyway that's not the point of this thread, how about you guys create another one.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:31 am

The pvp. Nuff said. You can read my previous posts and if that doesn't convince you then by all means stay where your at. Because honestly pvp up here is not for the weak. But like I say this is just my opin, you have your preference I have mine. But I can tell you many friends that have decided to go back down to 120 sl a couple of weeks later come back to 700. Telling me the same thing I have told you. But again honestly...dont take my word for it. You have to experiance it yourself, then you can make your own judgement. Play the game you want to not what others may tell you. If sl80 is your thing then stay there, some people do not like changing from their comfort level. Just my opin...good luck
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:42 am

Lorenzo, I wasn't interested in continuing this discussion with you because its derailing the thread. However you are ignoring everyone's points of discussion and yet still continuing to argue the same thing.

The differences between a level 300ish and a level 710 are marginal (for example, the difference in magic adjust on the Darkmoon Talisman at 50 and 99 faith is 14....), and having played a level 300ish toon with at least 50 in all the vital stats I can speak from an experienced point of view, as I'm sure many others can. If you actually read my post you would see that by level 370, you could achieve almost exactly the same stats. Even at level 300 I found Pvp too easy, even with players of the same level.

Why is it that you think level 710 PvP is challenging when 95% of the time you are going to be facing players 500-600 levels below you? Why is it that you think playing through into NG +15 at a ridiculously high level is more challenging than playing through to NG +15, or actually even NG+5 at low soul level which many many people do?
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:09 am

Zzombieboy if you have read my earlier posts I did address the archer issue this string was originally about. Unfortunately due to a few comments that to me seemed to degrade, at least to me, 710 sl. Now if you want to simply discuss playing this game by statistics then by all means play it that way. I simply choose not too. We can go back and forth about higher level degrading weapon specific stats or even character builds. But as wrym pointed out there are diverse builds up here as well. Just today in an hours time I faced 4 magic users and 5 faith builds with a few tank characters thrown in. Even a naked guy with a club. Now I do not relegate this game to statistics but to quality of opposition. Not the strength of their armor or weapon but by abilities and knowledge. That is how I approach this game. You see it otherwise. Good for you. As I pointed out in an early post a pure archer would not survive a battle against an elite fighter. I have faced countless archers and have yet to die by an arrow. Period. You can go back and read previous posts my friend. Its there. I did not intend this post to go anywhere else but there, unfortunately it has devolved. I feel my points are made and others feel their have been made. Lets simply agree to disagree and leave it at that. Ok. Move on...just my opin
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:22 am

Once again you ignore what people are saying, and whether you like it or not the game is governed by statistics. why else would you bother levelling to 710? Players skill level has nothing to do with their soul level or their weapons or armour, and I dont know why you assume I would think that. I have beat level 500+ players in 2v1 sitiations when I am below level 100 many times, as have lots of the forest hunters out there.

I give up.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:34 am

Well its apparent that your not reading what I'm writing so again. Let it go already. You play the game you want and I will do likewise. I'm sure we can agree on at least that right? Before the Mods have to get involved. Just my opin.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:24 am

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:10 pm