Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
lextune
fireLESS
johnnyjwa
GrinTwist
White Mamba
Reaperfan
Alluier
BLA1NE
Carphil
PantherGoggles
Ghadis_God
Tolvo
Doelker
dianaduh
IceIfrit666
VinheimProfessor
Uparkaam
RANT
MacDragon65
bunnywink
Isirith
Raikan007
Bamjam
swordiris
SlakeMoth
Noob-of-Artorias
Azran
DoughGuy
The-Fiction
33 posters

Parts you still struggle with/panic at...

Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Parts you still struggle with/panic at... - Page 2 Empty Re: Parts you still struggle with/panic at...

Post by Carphil Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Lost. Izalith.

besides that I love dark places like ToG or New Londo.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Parts you still struggle with/panic at... - Page 2 Empty Re: Parts you still struggle with/panic at...

Post by BLA1NE Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:40 pm

There's just one, very specific spot. When it's the first thing I do after getting to Lordran:

In the Catacombs, the first shortcut drop. When you drop down from the first bridge onto the broken stairs bellow... So many things can go wrong! I've been hit in mid-air by falling skeletons, pushing me off trajectory and making me fall to my death; if I miss the roll to break the fall, an exploding head always kills me before I have time to roll away after the fall-stagger; if I don't roll far enough before I heal from the first fall, a skeleton can come and finish me off (well, this never happened... but it could!), etc. It's such a minor thing, but I only go to the catacombs first when I'm doing a speed run, and dying here means starting over. It's only about 5 minutes from NG to there, but it's annoying! I've started my runs over so many times because of this, and postponed it for months, just because of this! (And the titanite Demon right after who one-shot me so many times... while I was in the coffin. :x)
    Alluier
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Alluier Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:17 am

I always end up dying vs the stray demon and bed of chaos.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:50 am

Absolutely nothing in a first playthrough intimidates me in any way anymore. Though on NG+ I get nervous at Fatty and Slim and the Four Kings. Other than that NG+ is still pretty calm though. Only on NG++ and beyond do I start getting nervous at otherwise normal things.
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:03 am

Great hollow, even worse if I go down there before the lordvessel and have to climb back out. Don't even bother with it most of the time now though
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:52 am

But but but you are missing a warp point.

I think it's the only thing I'm kind of OCD with; plus I love Ash Lake and the Stone Dragon's way to introduce itself.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:13 am

The room and walkway right before the fight with gravelord Nito, I just cannot stand those baby skeletons. Ever since the first time I died by them I would get nervous when going down the walkway and having to deal with the skeleton archer.

I'd say the two archers at Anor Londo, but they really aren't that bad to deal with. I think it was just the first time experience with them that makes me panic when getting to that part again.

I think the only other time I get nervous in the game is when I'm running through New Londo Ruins on NG+ and thinking about the Four Kings and how I'm going to beat them.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:29 pm

1. Capra Demon. Died too many times to him on my first playthrough. 100s of gameplay hours later I still have a beef with him. And he still makes me nervous when I go fight him on a new character.
    2. Rats/Dogs. On low poise characters these are extremely annoying. They always hit me mid swing and stagger me it seems. I can never get my swing time right.
    3. The swinging blades in Sens. I don't die to them to often anymore but I still feel like I'm going to get hit everytime. I get that feeling in my back like when a creeper is chaseing me in minecraft and I can FEEL him behind me.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:34 pm

For the archers: this works everytime I have tried.
    Get to the top, have nearly full stamina, turn right, immediately roll. When I roll, an arrow flys over everytime. Get up and get to the corner. From there just hold up a shield and you're home free.

As for the question, I find every inch of this game rather frightening. The worst for me is probably te crystal lizards in the depths. It puts me on edge every time.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Interesting to read everyone's opinions on this subject....

....funny how many people mention the Tomb; I absolutely love that place, being so lost, freaked out, and pissed at that place my first time through just created a love of it once I got to know it like the back of my hand. I have a darkwraith that has lived there for many months and he is one of my favorite toons.

My most hated place by a huge margin is the Duke's Archives. Very aggravating mobs, with all those damn archers.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:43 pm

^And they're SO strong! Tiny little crystal slave soldiers, but they hit so hard. Especially the archers when they get a headshot. Look Skyward It's insulting how much damage that does!
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:57 pm

BLA1NE wrote:^And they're SO strong! Tiny little crystal slave soldiers, but they hit so hard. Especially the archers when they get a headshot. Parts you still struggle with/panic at... - Page 2 2707236321 It's insulting how much damage that does!

Yeah! I did a SL1 run and I got cursed by Seath (when u first met him) it was an accident, and I had no purging stones, so I was a bit screwed to get out of there. I managed eventually, but those little crystal bastards are pretty sneaky.
    Gawain
    Gawain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gawain Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Blightown... FACT: 99.9% of players will use master key to get straight to Quelagg & then get the F#$! Out.
    This is after the first true play-though of Dark Souls, then its just for Power Within and such. lol!
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:39 am

I find blight town so freakin easy compare to ToG! Blight town is nothing. I can't even think of a threat!
    For me, Dukes Archives is a breeze! It's like the most predictable bunch. Just run around and they go frenzy and then u can sweep up and knock them out! I am always getting summoned by people lost and scared. ToG is a nightmare.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:53 am

I think Dukes is a fun area Although the damage output makes me mad at times.

I know a way to run past all mobs and to Nito in TotG but its really hard to explain.

I don't mind New londo although getting very large ember is annoying.

Lost Izalith is the only lord area I hate. All three bosses after ceaseless **** me off and I feel I'm going out of my way to get there.
    Mortamor

Post by Mortamor Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:13 am

ToG is where I hate...

I parried my way through most of the game. Then those Skeleton Beasts show up... D:<
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:44 am

Seems a lot of people have issues with ToG. Anyway did anyone else have as much of a pain with the two golden crystal golems in the crystal caves as I did? I would always get knocked off by their swing attack.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:07 am

Lol. Hilarious. Honestly, I never even noticed it. I had heaps of trouble in other areas. That was not one of them. What a funny game!
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:41 am

Blue Slab
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:47 am

White Mamba wrote:Blue Slab

Ah Blue Slab was a piece of cake compared to the Red slab Look Skyward for me, that poison area full of demons is the worst place in the entire game. Darn you Siegmeyer and your Black slab!
    CandleMax
    CandleMax
    Casual
    Casual

Post by CandleMax Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:01 am

Surprisingly, I really like new londo, especially the lower area with the darkwraiths. It's so dark and moody, and it's the area I always think of when talking about dark souls happy As for frustrating/panicking parts, capra demon and all the other lord areas are really frustrating and annoying to get through.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:04 am