Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Sentiel
firefighter_raven
Glutebrah
Rynn
MasterofShadows
VinheimProfessor
Kirk-Barb
Zetsabre
Noob-of-Artorias
RandelOolacile
Carphil
Pesth
16 posters

Fog ring and hidden body

Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Fog ring and hidden body Empty Fog ring and hidden body

Post by Pesth Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:58 pm

Does the ring give the same effect of the sorcery, and how does the other player (pvping) sees you?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Fog ring and hidden body Empty Re: Fog ring and hidden body

Post by Carphil Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:00 pm

It does not work. It worked before 1.5 I believe, and it would make you completely invisible. But now, they don't stack
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:08 pm

The ring gives the same as the sorcery. The effect is best when you're immobile so it's mostly used for archers, but on occasion you'll get that stealthy backstab, silly. Before the patch it would prevent lock on, now once they see you they can lock. Uses are limited and people would argue the ring slot is better used elsewhere. big grin
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:11 pm

One thing that you CAN do though is stacking the ring of fog with hush to make a silent invader hunting class, they won't see or hear you untill you're right next to them, combine that with a hornet ring and a bandit knife and you'd have a very effective one shot kill class.
    Zetsabre

Post by Zetsabre Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:One thing that you CAN do though is stacking the ring of fog with hush to make a silent invader hunting class, they won't see or hear you untill you're right next to them, combine that with a hornet ring and a bandit knife and you'd have a very effective one shot kill class.

I thought as a phantom do you don't make any noise aside from blocking a hit with your shield. So you wouldn't need Hush to begin with.

However, the combo would work better on the host.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Zetsabre wrote:
    Noob-of-Artorias wrote:One thing that you CAN do though is stacking the ring of fog with hush to make a silent invader hunting class, they won't see or hear you untill you're right next to them, combine that with a hornet ring and a bandit knife and you'd have a very effective one shot kill class.

I thought as a phantom do you don't make any noise aside from blocking a hit with your shield. So you wouldn't need Hush to begin with.

However, the combo would work better on the host.
    That's what I meant, a class specifically for hunting invaders. It would be a very effective anti griefing class, set up in the parish with a chaos knife and the above you'd only have to be level 15 or so, so when you get invaded by a greifer you'd be able to hide until the opportune moment and finish them off with one hit. Show em who's boss!!!
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:58 pm

I only had this happen to me once, but I believe the hush spell either reduces or eliminates that wave sound that accompanies an invader when he's in your world. I was being invaded in the upper burg on my first go through and would listen for the sound to let me know when the invader was close. Well I spotted an invader with magic balls on the feet. At the time I thought how strange as I died. I then noted I had not heard their approach.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:11 pm

The rare player with Vow of Silence can use this to figure out where you are; if you are close to them, you get surrounded by a subtle aura. You can also use this against Priscilla to see where she is while she is invisible - I don't think this prevents her use of her magical attacks, though. I only had one invader use this against me, though, since it is rarely useful.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:51 pm

I understand that ring of fog and hidden body have different stealth values in PVE (for hidden body, mobs typically don't see you until you're right up on them, but for ROF, they can spot you a little further away). Does it have any differences in PVP? Like are you MORE transparent with hidden body? Or perhaps you disappear from view at a shorter distance?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:03 pm

MasterofShadows wrote:I understand that ring of fog and hidden body have different stealth values in PVE (for hidden body, mobs typically don't see you until you're right up on them, but for ROF, they can spot you a little further away). Does it have any differences in PVP? Like are you MORE transparent with hidden body? Or perhaps you disappear from view at a shorter distance?
    Yes it does.
    The spell pursuers NEVER activates with hidden body on. Ring of fog just lowers the distance it procs at.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Rynn wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:I understand that ring of fog and hidden body have different stealth values in PVE (for hidden body, mobs typically don't see you until you're right up on them, but for ROF, they can spot you a little further away). Does it have any differences in PVP? Like are you MORE transparent with hidden body? Or perhaps you disappear from view at a shorter distance?
    Yes it does.
    The spell pursuers NEVER activates with hidden body on. Ring of fog just lowers the distance it procs at.

hidden body > Ring of fog

MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Okay, thanks for the clarification, but what effect does it have on your opponent's perception of you? Does HB have any advantages over ROF in that area?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:35 pm

MasterofShadows wrote:Okay, thanks for the clarification, but what effect does it have on your opponent's perception of you? Does HB have any advantages over ROF in that area?
    No, both are, visually, just as effective.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:45 pm

Rynn wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:Okay, thanks for the clarification, but what effect does it have on your opponent's perception of you? Does HB have any advantages over ROF in that area?
    No, both are, visually, just as effective.

Okay, thanks.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:22 am

I've been applying some tests in Anor Londo PVP. as soon as the invader shows up, I pop one hidden body spell, and its almost like I'm completely invisible to the guy. I mean, I've had moments when the invader is about 10-15 feet in front of me, and just walks right past me. On several occasions, they were standing right next to me, but didn't notice me. Am I the only person who's experienced this? Has there been any comprehensive tests on this?
    firefighter_raven
    firefighter_raven

Post by firefighter_raven Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:19 pm

MasterofShadows wrote:I've been applying some tests in Anor Londo PVP. as soon as the invader shows up, I pop one hidden body spell, and its almost like I'm completely invisible to the guy. I mean, I've had moments when the invader is about 10-15 feet in front of me, and just walks right past me. On several occasions, they were standing right next to me, but didn't notice me. Am I the only person who's experienced this? Has there been any comprehensive tests on this?
    Was this Dark Anor Londo or light? I was invading as a dmb last night and got backstabbed by a guy I never even saw until it happened.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:24 pm

It may have been me. I've been testing this out quite a lot just to see how effective the spell is. Unfortunately, I don't have any friends that I can test it with, so I end up having to do it on other players. It basically means that I have to do some ganking. Was player was wearing the hollow thief hood, chester coat, shadow gloves, and shadow boots? If so, yeah that may have been me.

We already know that the spell is much more powerful than the ring in PVE, but I'm starting to wonder if its just as powerful in PVP as well.
    firefighter_raven
    firefighter_raven

Post by firefighter_raven Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:52 pm

MasterofShadows wrote:It may have been me. I've been testing this out quite a lot just to see how effective the spell is. Unfortunately, I don't have any friends that I can test it with, so I end up having to do it on other players. It basically means that I have to do some ganking. Was player was wearing the hollow thief hood, chester coat, shadow gloves, and shadow boots? If so, yeah that may have been me.

We already know that the spell is much more powerful than the ring in PVE, but I'm starting to wonder if its just as powerful in PVP as well.
    I barely saw him before I died. I got BS twice in quick succession and didn't really get a good look at the host
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:04 pm

This is amazing!
    I'm using GMB with Faith build to take care of annoying HCS and Pursuers, but my Int has to deal with them the normal way. Not anymore thanks to you guys. Now I just need to use Hidden Body like Int version of GMB and just ignore them. It does wear off after some time, but then again, even a 30 seconds gives me a good advantage.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:33 pm

I've still been applying tests, and it appears that it is true, Hidden Body IS MORE DIFFICULT TO DETECT THAN RING OF FOG. I'm talking about PVP guys, not just PVE.

This is highly significant for ambushers who are playing as the host, because it means that the invader has to get in very close proximity of your character in order for you to show up. All you have to do is stand still, wear dark and light clothing (face concealing, preferably) for stealth and quiet steps, and bam, you have an assassin.

Of course you won't be liked much...
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:12 pm

I'm wondering about Hidden Body + Chameleon... Invisible Bush? big grin
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:29 pm

Lunar Fog did some tests regarding the most efficient way to use stealth. All I remember was she said "blue" armor works the best, not black, like most would think.

In regards to the Fog Ring and Hidden Body being used against Pursuers.

I can't remember which one it is, but if the caster also uses the silver pendant, it "activates" the Pusuer spell regardless and thereby nullifying the effect.

Sorry I can't be more specific. If you want the best stealth strategy in pvp look up Lunar Fog. Her thread was quite extensive.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Damn. I'm a little late to this but

The ring of fog and hidden body have equal effects when it comes to turning you transparent.

The Hidden Body spell however lowers the distance that enemies will notice you compared to the ring of fog.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:38 am

LunarFog wrote:Damn. I'm a little late to this but

The ring of fog and hidden body have equal effects when it comes to turning you transparent.

The Hidden Body spell however lowers the distance that enemies will notice you compared to the ring of fog.

Yes, I'm aware of this. But what I'm saying is that I don't think that people understand that this also applies to actual players in PVP, not just NPCs.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:08 pm

Impossible. Hidden Body makes you just as transparent as Ring of Fog. Stealth isn't like Demon Souls, you're still visible (if only barely) from a distance. Hidden Body is only better for PvE because that is how it was programmed to be.

In every sense, Hidden Body is better, but it is not different in terms of visuals, which is the most important element in PvP stealth. Stealth is really about how you hide, not how powerful your cloaking is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:02 am