Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Best Straight Sword for a STR/DEX build

Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Best Straight Sword for a STR/DEX build Empty Best Straight Sword for a STR/DEX build

Post by Azran Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:16 pm

Welp, as title says.

I'm currently torn between the regular Longsword, the Darksword and the Silver Knight Straight Sword. The first two are actually buffable and share C/C scaling, while SKSS is lopsided towards Dexterity.

Thoughts?
    Soul_Reaver

Best Straight Sword for a STR/DEX build Empty Re: Best Straight Sword for a STR/DEX build

Post by Soul_Reaver Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:21 pm

They're all quite similar in terms of damage and moveset. On my str/dex build I use Solaire's sword, try it.
    Pennder
    Pennder
    Casual
    Casual

Best Straight Sword for a STR/DEX build Empty Re: Best Straight Sword for a STR/DEX build

Post by Pennder Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:22 pm

The Balder Side Sword favors Dex more, but it is still fantastic. I've also found enjoyment from the Sunlight Straight Sword. I think that is C/C, but don't quote me.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:27 pm

The silver knight sword is also buffable, has longer reach, but its slower and heavier. Unique moveset.

Longsword and Sunlight straight sword have the same moveset and range, thrust and slash attacks

Broadsword and Barbed sword have the same moveset and range, only slash attacks, but the barbed sword does less damage and causes bleed

Darksword has an unique moveset and good range

Balder side sword is 50% straight sword and 50% rapier - dex oriented
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:29 pm

You can buff the Silver Knight Sword too.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Oh. Thought you could only buff the SK Spear. silly I'm trying to make a SL100 build; I'd like to go +15, but I guess I'll have to go with Lightning.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:10 pm