Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
ScaryPirateDude
Ghadis_God
TehInfamousAmos
Knight Alundil
Heroez Blade
ICEFANG
reim0027
my_pokemans
12 posters

PvP help needed

my_pokemans

PvP help needed - Page 2 Empty Re: PvP help needed

Post by my_pokemans Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:13 am

Ghadis_God wrote:
    my_pokemans wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:Darkmoon talisman's weak at that level of faith pokemans, try the Canvas for higher Adjust. Also, why have those strength points at all? They're worthless for your dex-scaling weapons. Finally, mid roll plus katana will get you butchered. Only really good players can make mid roll work at that level and always with heavier weapons. Katanas are good for the quick hit and roll, with mid roll it just doesn't work.
    I've actually beat a lot of people today with my set up without even having darkmoon blade, so i guess i must be really good lol.
    I'm surprised you could do well with that build, especially given the low HP. Guess you proved me wrong, but how do you fight with the Uchi? Everyone good I've fought against has been really mobile with it.
    I actually use the shotel + 14 first to freak people out then idk i just kill people with the uchi
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:22 am

I think most people don't see the shotel as a great weapon, idk who'd be afraid of it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:25 am

Greatshield users maybe, but any weapon that can dead angle can do pretty much the same thing, and deal more damage.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:27 am

^Forgot about greatshields, haven't used or seen one in a looong time online.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:28 am

Sometimes you'll find them in the forest, three shield walls trying to enclose you win with GC in their offhand. But some DMB Zweihander Dead Angles can always handle that.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:29 am

I have seen 'em in the forest but it doesn't really count as far as I'm concerned. Just people who can't parry and have some extra weight to flip around in.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:33 am

But in regards to improving your skill man. You can check out Ro's thread on PvP. You can search for the tactics me and others have posted in the Forest Hunter Thread. You can watch videos on youtube, a personal favorite is the Garo invader, you should check him out. But all in all the best way, is to set up sparring matches with people to practice moves and timing. Get together with weak weapons and strong armor, get a feel for PvP without just killing each other. It does wonders.
    my_pokemans

Post by my_pokemans Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:46 am

Well, most of the time people are freaked out by a weapon that can hit through shields and not everyone i fight goes on the wiki and knows how to fight pvp. i just think it throws people who run away with their shield up off their game.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:47 am

I feel that the only real way to learn in this game is to die. The way I see it, the more mistakes get punished, the more you learn. Once you get to the average level of the general populace and feel like you're not improving a anymore, then duel some strong guys.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:48 am

Yes it does, especially if you buff it. A dex build with CMW, SLB, or DMB hits very hard with that R2. Just watch out for people who like to parry, like me. We'll bait you, turtle to get you into using your R2 then parry and Riposte, because it is sort of predictable. But it sounds like the people you are using it against mostly just like to hug their shields for dear life.
    my_pokemans

Post by my_pokemans Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:12 am

yeah thanks to everyone for helping me i have actually started winning.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:43 pm

I've done pretty well with this build:

http://tinyurl.com/bphh6do

I like to keep it slim.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:44 pm

I love that avatar, I hope some day you and Serious_Much get into an argument.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:43 pm

Tolvo wrote:I love that avatar, I hope some day you and Serious_Much get into an argument.

Haha. Yeah, our avatars look like they're from the same episode, almost. And both the characters are doing their quintessential expressions.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:47 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahah.......

Brilliant stuff (I have a smiley though) lol!

Also the guy with the avatar of Itsnotmyfaulthatimnotpopular is also pretty cool. Though I went off it after a while, got bit samey and the awkwardness just stayed, didn't really show much progression :|
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:29 pm

Curses Serious_Much with you, and your willingness to totally ignore the topic of the thread with your comments! I was waiting for a good moment too to mention that Tomoko avatar! Alas, it's not my fault.

To my_pokemans, the best advice I can give you to improving your chances of winning is to take it slow; you won't get a high score by killing your opponent fast. Try to look for a pattern in your opponent, even if you aren't confident in parrying. Find the openings, and discover how your opponent plays; don't try to go all out in the beginning, nor feel like you should buff at the start of the fight. If you land two backstabs at the start of the fight, your opponent will often take out a turtling weapon, put on a Hornet ring, or worse, a Red Tearstone, and spell spam will be abound. Don't send them into panic mode if you can't handle it, and instead just land normal hits as a punishment. However, if you can punish spam effectively, counter-backstab confidently, or have enough health to trade final blows, try sending them into panic, and enjoy your wins.

Your opponent is not a Non-player character, and you need to understand how your actions will make them react; doing the running Katana attack several times will often earn you a poise-stab for your troubles, and prodding them with arrows will often rile them up. You also need to understand how you are responding to something, and always make sure to keep your head screwed on tight. Never panic, and if you aren't dead, remember that you can still get a win.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:15 am