Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
TehInfamousAmos
Carphil
WyrmHero
RANT
Tolvo
Federally
whitechikz11
T-King-667
13 posters

Cos plays used for competitive PVP?

T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Cos plays used for competitive PVP?  Empty Cos plays used for competitive PVP?

Post by T-King-667 Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:31 am

As you all may know whenever i pvp i use my Tarkus, Giant knight, stone knight and so on, i love to use cosplays. But whenever i ask anybody if they think its possible to do well with a certain cosplay they always say "Hell no". But lately i have been expanding my cosplays and i started using Mildred and im honestly shocked at how well i have done in areas like The "kilin" and the "Forest" while wearing only a sack+3 and wielding a plank shield+5 and butcher knife +15. This leaves me to the conclusion that any cosplay can be great if you learn how to use them well.
    So i want to know have you guys attempted cosplay pvp? and if so what cosplay and have you won alot or lost alot? I have a vid of me and a few friends pvping and i used my mildred and done reasonably well. And if you guys did well with a certain cosplay list em here and ill give it a go soon.
    https://youtu.be/2mArM887AV0

Normally mildred would wear the rusted ring but at sens there's no use for it.
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Cos plays used for competitive PVP?  Empty Re: Cos plays used for competitive PVP?

Post by whitechikz11 Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:42 am

Cosplaying is fun and i don't agree for those who answered "hell no". I have a cosplayed toon and he damages hard and he was my main toon working with different forum members in the cov section.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Cos plays used for competitive PVP?  Empty Re: Cos plays used for competitive PVP?

Post by Federally Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:59 am

As long as you can avoid being BS'd really any build can work if you're good with it, thing is a lot of true cosplays roll slow and many folks can't acoustic being BS'd with a slow roll. Hence the "hell no" response.

To directly answer you, I've had good luck on my Smough cosplay. Fat roll can be useful for luring people in to getting a big hammer smash, and as long as I can defeat lag and the roll BS I have a good shot at winning.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:12 pm

As Fed said, but in my view as long as a cosplay can parry, it can easily kill everyone. A riposte from Smough's hammer is always devastating haha.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:20 pm

Cosplays are viable, they're just a lot harder to use specially the fat rollers with no shield. Like smough. They're definitely more fun for invasions.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Problem is the ever present "do NOTHING but look for a BS playstyle", its much more annoying then the typical BS fisher and much harder for a typical cosplay to cope with.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:20 pm

Tolvo wrote:As Fed said, but in my view as long as a cosplay can parry, it can easily kill everyone. A riposte from Smough's hammer is always devastating haha.
    Well if you seen the video i linked in the first post then you will see that i cant parry worth shiz, so i did have to rely a bit on backstabbing with my mildred, but her cleaver actually stuns up to 60 poise or so (if its 2 handed) so the build was fast but since armour was absent you really have to use the mobility to your advantage. but i think with enough practice any cosplay can be great (except for crystaline knight that cosplay was garbage)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:21 pm

I cosplay Crystal Knight sometimes. silly
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Where his armour is average and his wep and shield cant be upgraded, hes pretty crappy for pvp i have to admit, unless if you turn a normal weapon into a crystal weapon (not buying crystal straight or great sword from zena)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:29 pm

I don't do it at SL120, because of the weapon. The armor I'm fine with, but the weapon just doesn't deal enough damage for high level PvP.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:30 pm

Queen Priscy. Cos plays used for competitive PVP?  1330857165

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1980469243004812

I have made others (remember my old Gwyn's Firstborn?) It was an DSS build I used in FC to fight you. There was a Gwynevere build I also planned but never got the time to make (it was going to be very effective at coop, cause of her miracles).
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:34 pm

I was actually planing on making a patches cosplay, what do you guys think? lmao.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:38 pm

I like to do starting classes cosplay. Warrior kick *** with that heater shield and longsword +15, one of the bests. I also cosplay crestfallen warrior with wolfs ring for poise.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Patches could be fun, tho i've never allowed him to live long to see how he fights. I'd assume he has some miracles though due to the Fth req on that Crescent Axe.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:42 pm

I am cosplaying the original soldier toon from DeS but the warrior for DkS - it is this atm: http://tinyurl.com/d2mvwrz
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Patches uses a spear Fed, I've fought him and he has never used any faith abilities, remember he hates clerics. The issue is just the Greatshield I guess, but you don't like to parry anyway. Just don't forget a Wolf's ring.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:46 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:I am cosplaying the original soldier toon from DeS but the warrior for DkS - it is this atm: http://tinyurl.com/d2mvwrz
    Dident the soldier from demons souls use the broad sword and the knight used the long sword?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:47 pm

nahh Soldier in DeS ran a Longsword and Winged spear from the beginning
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:49 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:nahh Soldier in DeS ran a Longsword and Winged spear from the beginning
    NOPE it was a broad sword budd.
    http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/soldier
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Tolvo wrote:Patches uses a spear Fed, I've fought him and he has never used any faith abilities, remember he hates clerics. The issue is just the Greatshield I guess, but you don't like to parry anyway. Just don't forget a Wolf's ring.

Yeah dunno what I was thinking, he uses Winger Spear and drops the Crescent Axe
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

he bs fishes.... its weird but he does sometimes....
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Actually, i was really impressed how my fat rolling sl30 smough did in pvp. Not so good for invading though lol

http://tinyurl.com/c7rlen9 also sl60 havel(also not best invader) http://tinyurl.com/cze43ux

edit:you would think the low vit would mean its really difficult, but your defenses are so good and everyone uses elemental weapons. So it balances out.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:15 pm

And as long as you can swing the hammer, it hits for 600. I get OHKOs all the time with just R2s lol
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Federally wrote:And as long as you can swing the hammer, it hits for 600. I get OHKOs all the time with just R2s lol
    One of the worst things about smoughs hammer is that it obstructs like 40% of your screen lmao
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by whitechikz11 Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:23 pm

I have extensions of cosplays like Legolas in LOTR, and Basch from ff12. It has a thread in the general discussion with two more cosplays, Vaan and Balthier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:07 pm